Community
Wiki Posts
Search

transfer time to US at YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2015, 8:44 am
Original Poster

transfer time to US at YYZ

I have 90 minutes to transfer at YYZ on Wednesday (mid-morning) from a flight from YUL to San Francisco, is this sufficient time? Is there a dedicated line for J or star alliance gold passengers? Thanks.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 8:59 am

System for domestic to transborder is pretty good now @ YYZ , no bag claim, wait for your name to show up on screen proceed to US customs

20 - 40 mins depending on security, Nexus / priority lines but poorly managed @ YYZ in general, especially when lines are light. Last time through 11 in morning took maybe 25 mins from gate to gate
Old Aug 30, 2015, 10:18 am

Programs: NEXUS GE, TSA-Pre, AC E50K
90 minutes SHOULD be enough time. What time are you landing in YYZ?
It can be quite a gong-show there in the early morning around 730am. With Nexus, took about 45 minutes gate to gate....and I only had 1 hour. I think it was a Monday though. I'd never seen the airport soo busy
I was still able to make it to duty free and the lounge
....just march on over to the F gates and have fun doing that whole screen and etc dance. Its not that complicated and most passengers don't read.
Nexus definitely speeds the process up through CBP and security if you have it. I would have missed my recent USA connecting flight if I hadn't had that.

There are no J or Star alliance gold lines throughout this process. Everyone is the same....Although you should be able to go through priority security once you pass CBP.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
If you have Global Entry and no checked bags, I'd skip the connection path and go to the regular entrance. Way more GE machines, and no need to talk to an officer.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
If you have Global Entry and no checked bags, I'd skip the connection path and go to the regular entrance. Way more GE machines, and no need to talk to an officer.
I've tried that before and they didnt let me do that.....I'm not too sure how they figured out I was connecting.
Need to study the BP's more to see if there's something that indicates that.
hmm.....
Old Aug 30, 2015, 7:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by knotseh
I've tried that before and they didnt let me do that.....I'm not too sure how they figured out I was connecting.
Need to study the BP's more to see if there's something that indicates that.
hmm.....
Let me guess you had one of those yellow coats turn you away. I would just ignore them and tell them you know what you`re doing and briskly move past them. They wont follow you, and you haven`t done anything wrong anyway.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by kwflyer
Let me guess you had one of those yellow coats turn you away. I would just ignore them and tell them you know what you`re doing and briskly move past them. They wont follow you, and you haven`t done anything wrong anyway.
you're right....i did have one of those yellow coats turn me away. Will keep that in mind for next time. There are always way too many people who are walking around confused, frustrated...turned around....in the E gate area is best to just avoid that area altogether!
Old Aug 31, 2015, 6:12 am

I"ve done this numerous times YHZ-YYZ- Points in USA- I've done it in less then 20 minutes and also had it take over 1 hour- I think the worse time is the initial departing flights first thing in the morning! They are slow to open up more kiosks as staff arrives and gets up to speed- Anytime I've connected after 10 AM it's been smooth sailing WITH checked bags- your bags now stay checked right through and they just pull pics of them up on the customs computers! If you are running behind because of delays at gates etc they are usually pretty good at calling for those passengers and pulling them up front- don't panic I'm sure you'll have PLENTY of time!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.