Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SD upgrades PAX after door close

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2015, 12:31 pm

Programs: AC S100K
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
This is still not permitted as per ACYYZ/SD. Service recovery or not, stuff like this is simply a no-no in AC's books. In fact, little things like....a SD giving a bottle of sparkling wine to someone in J from the Y inventory (which is where they'd have to get it from as we all know) = disciplinary action.
Exactly my point.

Exercising judgement to deliver good customer service, or to initiate service recovery, should never result in diciplinary action. That it does is an endemic problem within AC's culture. A problem that, more often than not, lowers the overall service standard we'd like to have.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 12:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by BlueMilk
Exactly my point.

Exercising judgement to deliver good customer service, or to initiate service recovery, should never result in diciplinary action. That it does is an endemic problem within AC's culture. A problem that, more often than not, lowers the overall service standard we'd like to have.
The downsides of unions I agree with you 110% by the way. The stuff I've seen that have gotten AC crews in trouble because of innocuous things like a thank you letter (mentioning things they shouldn't have done) annoy me severely. This is FIRST hand info from AC flight crews. When I do write a thank you letter now, I triple proof read what I say and I make sure I don't say anything that'll get anyone in trouble. Like, really? I'm a customer!
Old Aug 15, 2015, 12:42 pm

Programs: AC-SEMM, AA-Gold
Originally Posted by yvr76
I imagine that if Dorian was to send Ben Lipsey a PM, with details then it's likely to go somewhere.
And then again he will get no response, Ben is pretty much MIA
Old Aug 15, 2015, 12:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Wings100
And then again he will get no response, Ben is pretty much MIA
Ben lurks. But he does not post anymore. Perhaps we should stay on topic though...
Old Aug 15, 2015, 12:58 pm

Programs: AC S100K
The downsides of unions
More a downside of management me thinks.

The C-suite hardly even bothers to pay lip-service to customer service. The only customer whose experience is acknowledged is the paid J passenger.

For everyone else, it's smaller seats, fewer included services and fewer upgrades.

For that matter, marketing the J experience is about the product, rather than service experience.

I doubt it's possible to find a public statement from AC or a comment from a manager that uses "empowered" and "employee" in the same paragraph.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 1:02 pm
Suspended

More a downside of management me thinks.

The C-suite hardly even bothers to pay lip-service to customer service. The only customer whose experience is acknowledged is the paid J passenger.

For everyone else, it's smaller seats, fewer included services and fewer upgrades.

For that matter, marketing the J experience is about the product, rather than service experience.

I doubt it's possible to find a public statement from AC or a comment from a manager that uses "empowered" and "employee" in the same paragraph.
I know it's OT, but I'm going to post this...

My experience talking with Stephen K and Ben S have been very pleasant. I do think that they do care about non J paying pax. I'd like to think they care?
Old Aug 15, 2015, 1:39 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
This isn't entirely true. There are those of us who have had greater success with upgrades this year.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Not quite the same but today on AC8134 YYC-YEG on the CRA there were 15 of us on the plane.

Two passengers who were employees with J standby passes sat in J in seats 1DF and all of us in the back. I sat in 12A and could hear them talk how nice it was to sit up front, great leg room etc. they were a nice couple and I am glad they enjoyed the 20 minute flight.

We land and they get off first, they of course need assistance so we all wait for these employees ( retied) to slowly walk with their mobile assistance equipment make their way off of the bridge.

Quick easy trip and my only thought was, an empty J cabin with two employees and 13 of us in the back

And before I am asked, yes I know my facts as I have access to this data.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 4:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Exactly my point.

But there's a difference between service recovery in the sense of a $7 drink and in something that AC values at thousands of dollars.

And it would also be the hypocrisy. If eUpa from Flex cheapen the J cabin, what does an in-flight op-up do?
Old Aug 15, 2015, 5:44 pm
Original Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Exactly my point.

But there's a difference between service recovery in the sense of a $7 drink and in something that AC values at thousands of dollars.

And it would also be the hypocrisy. If eUpa from Flex cheapen the J cabin, what does an in-flight op-up do?
I'm pretty sure there's a position in AC management for you.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 8:09 pm

Programs: AC-SEMM, AA-Gold
Ben lurks. But he does not post anymore. Perhaps we should stay on topic though...
Please don't tell me what I should or should not do. You are not a moderator...or maybe you are...lol

I was responding to a suggestion that the OP should email Ben
Old Aug 15, 2015, 9:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by KenHamer
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

I'm pretty sure there's a position in AC management for you.
Well when I receive a good offer, I'll accept!
Old Aug 15, 2015, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Well when I receive a good offer, I'll accept!
You have to promise to be a lurker and not be scared away by all of us.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 9:39 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by upgradesecret
You are just making up stuff again. They did not announce any such thing.
I was about to ask for that link as well, as I don't recall seeing anything about AC's loss of business revenue.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 8:50 am

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by YEG2MM
This isn't entirely true. There are those of us who have had greater success with upgrades this year.
You might be more successful in using your credits, but I find it unlikely you are upgraded more often overall. Unless you were relatively unsuccessful in using your upgrades in years past.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.