Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian Celebrity Sightings

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2009, 2:34 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Not a true celebrity sighting, but on Jan 4 there was a girl working at the YYC Jazz boarding gate who looks spot-on like Whitney Port from MTV's The Hills.

I know that comment just severely downgraded my age, but my comment stands.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 4:16 am

once saw melanie griffith on CX from JFK to YVR. she looked haggard, and this was 8 years ago. all wrinkles and makeup.
Ashanti in J class YVR - LAX, she was small and cute.
denise richards in YVR checkin to LAX, smoking hot in person.
Joe Sakic and family going to vegas in J after the all-star game in van, Jaromir Jagr sitting in the back by himself. he has social issues so i lent him a magazine.
Velvet revolver band members trolling through YVR looking very hung over.
LL Cool J praying over his meal in the YVR food court the day after a show here.

YVR - LAX and back are almost always some level of star sighting, often B or C grade though
Old Jan 15, 2009, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by yvrcritic
LL Cool J praying over his meal in the YVR food court the day after a show here.
Was he about to enjoy a Large DD?
Old Jan 15, 2009, 10:33 am

Programs: AC*E, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Tuneman1984

I know that comment just severely downgraded my age, but my comment stands.
As opposed to your user name (which I assume is your birth date and not a reference to the novel) ;-)
Old Jan 15, 2009, 10:35 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Originally Posted by omkhar
As opposed to your user name (which I assume is your birth date and not a reference to the novel) ;-)
No I meant it downgraded it even past that
Old Jan 25, 2009, 10:00 pm

Programs: AEROPLAN SE
David Suzuki was seated in seat 2K on AC30 (yvr>yyz) today. I was in 3K. Mr Suzuki is a Super Elite and watched "Rachael Getting Married" So Canada's champion of the environment has been putting more than his share of co2 in the environment buy flying at least 100,000 miles per year.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 10:32 pm

Programs: AF Plat, SPG Titanium
Originally Posted by Jrsx
So Canada's champion of the environment has been putting more than his share of co2 in the environment buy flying at least 100,000 miles per year.
If I remember correctly, his foundation has a carbon offset program. Although I remember reading something where he says he's over his limit (not quite neutral) and so has stopped taking overseas vacations.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 4:55 pm

Programs: AC E
David Suzuki...So Canada's champion of the environment has been putting more than his share of co2 in the environment buy flying at least 100,000 miles per year.
It is possible to advocate for the environment without reverting to a stone age lifestyle. Even with the amount of flying he does, he has done more good for this planet on personal and public levels than most citizens of developed countries.

wsommerv, your signature blurb was perfectly suited as a rebuttal for the comment I quoted above. Well stated.

Is Lloyd Axworthy (or any retired politician) a celebrity? He didn't seem very impressed last Friday while CATSA staff were hand-searching his carry-on bag in YLW.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 5:12 pm

Programs: AC 35k
I saw Jay Ingram (host of Daily Planet on the Discovery Channel) in the YYZ trans-border lounge 01/18... I recognized his face but didn't know his name. He was on the phone; I only heard part of his conversation - something to do with what CBC was going to do. It sounded work related
Old Jan 26, 2009, 5:17 pm

Programs: AC 75K, SPG P, CX SL
Originally Posted by threepoint
It is possible to advocate for the environment without reverting to a stone age lifestyle. Even with the amount of flying he does, he has done more good for this planet on personal and public levels than most citizens of developed countries.

wsommerv, your signature blurb was perfectly suited as a rebuttal for the comment I quoted above. Well stated.

Is Lloyd Axworthy (or any retired politician) a celebrity? He didn't seem very impressed last Friday while CATSA staff were hand-searching his carry-on bag in YLW.
It's YLW, they do that to everyone who isn't local...
Old Jan 26, 2009, 5:31 pm

I saw Peter Mansbridge get out of his E-Class MB @ YYZ. Valet parked of course!
Old Jan 26, 2009, 6:07 pm

Programs: HH Diamond/ AC Elite/*Gold /Hertz Gold5*/Global Entry-TSA Pre/Starbucks Gold
About 4 years ago, Jane Fonda was in Toronto promoting her book. I was sitting in First reading the Globe and Mail, looking at a picture of Jane at a book signing the night before. She happened to be sitting right behind me.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 6:51 pm

Programs: AC 50K MM, HH DIA, GP DIA, SPG PLT, Delta Gold, Farimont Plat
David Suzuki was seated in seat 2K on AC30 (yvr>yyz) today. I was in 3K. Mr Suzuki is a Super Elite and watched "Rachael Getting Married" So Canada's champion of the environment has been putting more than his share of co2 in the environment buy flying at least 100,000 miles per year.
He does some work with us, and he sometimes apparently takes the bus as an alternative to flying.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA1K, IC RA, *wood Plt, AA EXP, LH Sen, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, EK Gold
William Adams from Black Eyed Peas was on AC 552 (seat 2A) yesterday. I was in 1F.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 9:46 pm

About 7 years ago my (then) 2-year-old saw Dr. Suzuki in YPR. He commented, "Look Mommy, a clown!". I feel the same as he does but not for the same reason.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.