Search

Canadian Celebrity Sightings

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2006, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by wali
A "commoner whose worth $225 million "
And why is he flying AC? Doesn't he own a private yet?
Old Jun 28, 2006, 11:27 am

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
flying into RDU on the 13th, Don Cherry and the other guy were sitting in the 2 seats right in front of me. I could've smacked Don in the back of the head ..
Old Jun 28, 2006, 11:47 am

Programs: AC-E50K, IHG-P, Bonvoy-G
Originally Posted by karachi
I could've smacked Don in the back of the head ..
You mean threw the curtain or were you in J as well?
Old Jun 28, 2006, 1:07 pm

Programs: AC*SE, AC*MM, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Plat Elite, R&C Club 5C, Hyatt GP
I could've smacked Don in the back of the head ..
I think a lot of people feel that way...
Old Jun 28, 2006, 1:11 pm

CRJ flight .. no J. Don had to squeeze into one of those seats.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 1:56 pm

Programs: AC-E50K, IHG-P, Bonvoy-G
Hope he didn’t wrinkle his sports jacket in the process. Not that he wares them more than once.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
flying into RDU on the 13th, Don Cherry and the other guy were sitting in the 2 seats right in front of me. I could've smacked Don in the back of the head ..
Ah yes, RDU... make sure to smack Elin, the UA agent upside the head next you check in.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 7:26 am

Don was wearing a lime green jacket with white stripes .. thats probably so people wouldnt stare at him (they'd go blind if they did)

yyznomad . I'm starting to develop a soft spot for Ellin now. must be stockholm syndrome.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Don was wearing a lime green jacket with white stripes .. thats probably so people wouldnt stare at him (they'd go blind if they did)

yyznomad . I'm starting to develop a soft spot for Ellin now. must be stockholm syndrome.
I guess I didn't spend enough time with her to understand how on earth I could actually feel sorry for her. Her name is spelled with "one" "L", so perhaps this is a different one? I remember this distinctly while she was making my life traumatic on a very important day for me.
Old Aug 19, 2006, 5:32 pm

Programs: AC*S100K SPG Gold
I saw jesse cook - a canadian guitarist a couple of months ago in YYZ T1 MLLJesse Cook website

He was sitting by himself between the salad bar and the TV.

I have always wondered what to do when I saw someone famous in the lounge - if I should go up to them or not - They are there for the same solitude as the rest of us.

I chose to introduce myself, and ask if it was OK to chat. I commented on a recent concert at which I had seen him. Yes, I asked for an autrograph, addressed to Ms. Hussar. She is the reason we went to his concerts. And boy did it get me some brownie points from her!!!

What do other people do when they see someone famous in the lounge?
Old Aug 19, 2006, 6:20 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by Hussar
I saw jesse cook - a canadian guitarist a couple of months ago in YYZ T1 MLLJesse Cook website

He was sitting by himself between the salad bar and the TV.

I have always wondered what to do when I saw someone famous in the lounge - if I should go up to them or not - They are there for the same solitude as the rest of us.

I chose to introduce myself, and ask if it was OK to chat. I commented on a recent concert at which I had seen him. Yes, I asked for an autrograph, addressed to Ms. Hussar. She is the reason we went to his concerts. And boy did it get me some brownie points from her!!!

What do other people do when they see someone famous in the lounge?
You should hear my 'Sting' story sometime!

Cheers
Old Aug 19, 2006, 10:12 pm

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
I spotted myself in the mirror this morning while shaving. Is that celebrity or what.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 9:12 am

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
19AUG: AC8719 (YQB-YUL) and AC870 (YUL-CDG): L'Honorable Josée Verner, MP for Louis St-Laurent riding in Quebec City and Minister for La Francophonie, International Cooperation and Official Languages.

The Minister (4K) and two flunkies (4H and 5H) going to Paris.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 10:10 am

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by NordsFan
19AUG: AC8719 (YQB-YUL) and AC870 (YUL-CDG): L'Honorable Josée Verner, MP for Louis St-Laurent riding in Quebec City and Minister for La Francophonie, International Cooperation and Official Languages.

The Minister (4K) and two flunkies (4H and 5H) going to Paris.

Pork-Choppers having a party on our dime!
Old Aug 20, 2006, 10:57 am

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
Originally Posted by negotiator
Pork-Choppers having a party on our dime!

Perhaps. Or, alternatively, a Minister of the Crown travelling on official business....hard to believe, yet it does happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.