Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Same Day Airport Change

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2015, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
'Same Day' also refers to the day you are making the change in reference to the flights in question. Technically a SDC would be done the day before the 12:30 flight, so not sure that would work. I would guess standby is the best option, although YMMV when speaking to an agent at the connections desk in YYZ after arriving from the US.
Thanks Chris.
Good point re cnx desk @ YYZ
Old Aug 29, 2015, 12:07 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
correct

Originally Posted by yyzgigi
Correct is origin to destination. You can add or remove segments based on availability.
100 % correct. It also can incl. routing changes e.g. I recently changed YOW-YYZ-SEA to YOW-YVR-SEA.

Of course, it does depend on space being available. I consider it a bit of a safety valve i.e. i would never pay a $200 change fee to get on an earlier flight - but - $78 is another matter!
Old Aug 29, 2015, 1:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
You can pay Aeroplan $90 to change if there's availability.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 2:41 pm

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
I wanted to do a same day change from a 9am flight to an earlier 12:40am red eye flight. Technically the same day as it was the same date. I called in at 10pm to the central concierge line.

Concierge refused saying that they could only do the same day change at 12:01am, by that time it would've been too late. They said the system didn't allow. Wasn't sure if it was true or not.

They should modify the policy to 12 hours before or after your booked flight. Would be more useful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.