Wiki Posts
Search

Same Day Airport Change

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2015, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AE, HHG
Same Day Airport Change

If you pay for a same day change at the airport to get on an an earlier flight, do they also confirm you on the connecting flight (space available of course) ? Is the cost per segment? I'm toying with the idea of purchasing the cheaper TPA-YYZ-YUL evening departure and showing up for the earlier afternoon departure.

thanks
Old Jul 29, 2015, 8:06 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
That's two separate changes. I'm not 100% sure whether the first airport can make changes. Generally when I'm flying LGA-YYZ-YYC and I take an earlier LGA-YYZ, I have to make the change to the 2nd leg after I land in YYZ.

Of course, on YYZ-YUL you can go standby early for free.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 9:53 am

Programs: AC 100K SE (*G), Marriott P, SPG G, Hilton D
I've gotten two stories before. One is that the Change Fee is per segment and the other is that it can be used for all your flights that day.

If they can change all your flights at the first airport and you pay one change fee then go for it. But if they tell you that they can only change the first flight, then expect that you'll have to pay another change fee to change the second flight.

This is just my experience.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 9:54 am

Programs: AC 100K SE (*G), Marriott P, SPG G, Hilton D
Also, yes if space is available then it is confirmed.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 9:56 am

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by philelite
Also, yes if space is available then it is confirmed.
If space isn't available they don't let you do it
Old Jul 29, 2015, 10:07 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
I was under the impression that same-day change applied from origin to destination. It's same-day standby that's segment by segment. Or, maybe that's just something my mind made up.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 10:35 am

Programs: AC 75K
All of the language I've seen mentions the fee applies "per direction", which I interpret as origin to destination, not per segment.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 10:38 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Same Day Airport Change

Correct is origin to destination. You can add or remove segments based on availability.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 12:08 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Typical AC. I've been told one thing, others have been told the opposite, philelite has heard both stories...

It sounds like the balance is tilting towards my first post being wrong, which is good for the OP, but I guess be prepared to fight for it if you encounter someone giving you the story that I've gotten in the past.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 4:04 pm

If I fly YUL-YOW-YYZ, where YUL-YOW is a late night flight and YOW-YYZ is an early morning flight the next day (forced overnight connection due to limited AP seat availability for an award ticket), can I make a SDC to fly YUL-YYZ direct on the day I'm scheduled to fly YUL-YOW and avoid the overnight connection?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:44 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by agjil
If I fly YUL-YOW-YYZ, where YUL-YOW is a late night flight and YOW-YYZ is an early morning flight the next day (forced overnight connection due to limited AP seat availability for an award ticket), can I make a SDC to fly YUL-YYZ direct on the day I'm scheduled to fly YUL-YOW and avoid the overnight connection?
yes, unless fare rules say otherwise.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:45 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott LT PE, NEXUS/GE
Same Day Airport Change

I recently did a SDC and paid the $75+tax for departing and connecting flight times being changed.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by yourbackseatkiller
yes, unless fare rules say otherwise.
I'm not so sure.

If the connecting flight is on a different day, I suspect it wouldn't fall into the Same Day Change category. Same Day being the key words.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 8:12 am

Question :

Friend on an AP Ticket . .. . USA-YYZ-YUL

Arriving YYZ from USA @ 9pm. Current YYZYUL is the following morn @ 10a.

Lots of avail for the 1230a YYZYUL. Can anyone confirm her options? i.e., She can standby for the earlier flight free or charge right (it's the "same day" - 10am vs 1230am)?
OR

She can call AP and pay some fee to re-book the final segment?

Flights are this week if that matters.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
Question :

Friend on an AP Ticket . .. . USA-YYZ-YUL

Arriving YYZ from USA @ 9pm. Current YYZYUL is the following morn @ 10a.

Lots of avail for the 1230a YYZYUL. Can anyone confirm her options? i.e., She can standby for the earlier flight free or charge right (it's the "same day" - 10am vs 1230am)?
OR

She can call AP and pay some fee to re-book the final segment?

Flights are this week if that matters.
'Same Day' also refers to the day you are making the change in reference to the flights in question. Technically a SDC would be done the day before the 12:30 flight, so not sure that would work. I would guess standby is the best option, although YMMV when speaking to an agent at the connections desk in YYZ after arriving from the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.