Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by vernonc
What's a PY kit ?
PY on international flights get amenity kit as well. Or has this been enhanced away?
Old Oct 20, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by songsc

PY on international flights get amenity kit as well. Or has this been enhanced away?
It’s a reduced kit, but still exists I believe.. Possibly cheaper items too.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 2:14 pm
formerly airedalemom

Programs: AC 25K, AF, Marriott etc......
Originally Posted by jc94

It’s a reduced kit, but still exists I believe.. Possibly cheaper items too.
Like from the dollar store? 😉
Old Oct 20, 2018, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Queen B
Like from the dollar store? 😉
No, from the fifty cent store
jerry305, Annalisa12 and Queen B like this.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 3:55 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat

I do not recollect seeing this recently. Maybe I just did not pay attention.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
What's a PY kit ?

I do not recollect seeing this recently. Maybe I just did not pay attention.
They are a little black cloth bag. Socks, ear plugs, toothbrush...possibly an eye shade. I can't remember. They definitely exist and are on seats for all my PY flights to EU and Asia. They are absolutely not worth illegally hoarding!
Queen B likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
They are a little black cloth bag. Socks, ear plugs, toothbrush...possibly an eye shade. I can't remember. They definitely exist and are on seats for all my PY flights to EU and Asia. They are absolutely not worth illegally hoarding!
What is illegal hoarding in reference to amenity kits?
Old Oct 20, 2018, 4:20 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by rickg523
A silly turn of phrase.

I just think the guy embarrased himself completely.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
A silly turn of phrase.

I just think the guy embarrased himself completely.
I couldn't figure whether you meant just stowing it in your hand luggage and taking it for later use (not on the plane). Or you meant stealing them from other seats.
I do the former (and in fact on return flights often don't even open it or take it at all; after all, I still have an unused one. Not to mention a damn drawer full of the things at home). And I can't believe anyone would actually steal these things.
Anyway, I dislike Colgate toothpaste.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 5:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by rickg523
More than one per person, IMHO.

I only use the earplug anyways.

Makes me miss the Rimowa kits with LH and TG First Class.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 12:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

A few posts have been deleted as some members thought this was an amenity kit discussion but the actual thread topic is passengers behaving badly in-flight so let's please return to it.

tcook052
Ac forum mod.
jerry305 likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 2:47 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Plat
Biggest pet peeve (not sure if discussed previously) are family and friends from the back of the plane coming to visit in J ☹ Happened twice last week.

Last flight had an empty row in J, people came from the back and not only loudly visited but permanently sat with their family. The FAs did nothing, just explained to them there is no meal for them but offered them free snacks. As if we ever have too many KitKats!

I asked the FAs during a quiet minute WTH is going on and if my friends from the back should come and visit me as well, but they said they didn’t know what to do, because they are all one family.

Why pay for this if it’s like a zoo ☹

Last edited by bubbelbine; Dec 23, 2018 at 3:06 pm
Old Dec 23, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Originally Posted by bubbelbine
I asked the FAs during a quiet minute WTH is going on and if my friends from the back should come and visit me as well, but they said they didn’t know what to do, because they are all one family.
Wut.

... Tell them to go back? How do they 'not know what to do'? There is nothing unclear at all about the situation.

You should have claimed your friends were actually family, too, obviously.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Plat
Right!? Pretty black and white situation. I think the FAs felt outnumbered by the family members and chose not to intervene
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by bubbelbine
Biggest pet peeve (not sure if discussed previously) are family and friends from the back of the plane coming to visit in J ☹ Happened twice last week.

Last flight had an empty row in J, people came from the back and not only loudly visited but permanently sat with their family. The FAs did nothing, just explained to them there is no meal for them but offered them free snacks. As if we ever have too many KitKats!

Why pay for this if it’s like a zoo ☹
Although this didn't occur in an Air Canada MLL, I'm assuming this happened on an Air Canada flight.

I will tell you that from my experience/data points, AC J crew are usually good at handling these situations and the Y pax are asked to leave the J cabin. There will be the occasional one off or exceptions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.