Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by jc94

This is inane. So he clipped his nails on hands and feet during flight which is appalling, then proceeded to ... eat them all?

I mean, at least he didn’t leave a mess?
Must be a medicinal thing, but what about the fungus and such .....
Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by sneakysix
Had one of the most disgusting experiences on AC YVR to YZF a few days ago

Sitting in about 14C - preferred seats. Fairly empty plane, after Christmas before New Years. A middle aged gentleman (obviously a tourist going up to see the Northern Lights) was sitting by himself in 13F (row in front of us), against the window, 2-2 CRJ. Nobody sitting beside him. Sitting with my friend chatting across the aisle, we see him take out a nail clipper and proceed to clip his fingernails. Tray down, collects all the pieces. Then takes his shoes and socks off, and clips his toenails, adds them to the pile in a methodical loving way. Puts his shoes and socks back on. Waits for the drink service. Orders a full can of coke. Then proceeds to slowly enjoy eating all of his nails. Piece by piece. Not moaning, but obviously enjoying the experience. Proceeds to eat the pile over about 10 minutes, alternated with swallows of coke. Doesn't look around ever, totally absorbed in his mission. It was like watching a train crash, we were so disgusted we almost moved seats but it was such a show that we were enthralled. Don't think anybody else really noticed because the premium seats were empty.
I would have to put on eye shades or look away. Practically have upset stomach right now even thinking about it.
canadiancow and Bohemian1 like this.

Last edited by tcook052; Jan 5, 2019 at 3:33 pm
Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:22 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Had one of the most disgusting experiences on AC YVR to YZF a few days ago

Sitting in about 14C - preferred seats. Fairly empty plane, after Christmas before New Years. A middle aged gentleman (obviously a tourist going up to see the Northern Lights) was sitting by himself in 13F (row in front of us), against the window, 2-2 CRJ. Nobody sitting beside him. Sitting with my friend chatting across the aisle, we see him take out a nail clipper and proceed to clip his fingernails. Tray down, collects all the pieces. Then takes his shoes and socks off, and clips his toenails, adds them to the pile in a methodical loving way. Puts his shoes and socks back on. Waits for the drink service. Orders a full can of coke. Then proceeds to slowly enjoy eating all of his nails. Piece by piece. Not moaning, but obviously enjoying the experience. Proceeds to eat the pile over about 10 minutes, alternated with swallows of coke. Doesn't look around ever, totally absorbed in his mission. It was like watching a train crash, we were so disgusted we almost moved seats but it was such a show that we were enthralled. Don't think anybody else really noticed because the premium seats were empty.
You were disgusted and enthralled at the same time? Typically when someone is disgusted they look away.

While this fellow's conduct was out of the ordinary it didn't hurt or inconvenience anyone else. There was no one sitting beside him nor did he leave nail clippings strewn around his seat for the cleaners to deal with.

You were in 14C. He was in 13F, a row ahead and across the aisle from you. He would have been easy to ignore.

Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
This traveller has brought shame to seat 13F! Too bad he wasn't flying on a CRJ!
--
13F
Fizzer likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 10:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
This traveller has brought shame to seat 13F! Too bad he wasn't flying on a CRJ!
--
13F
He was on a CRJ.

A middle aged gentleman (obviously a tourist going up to see the Northern Lights) was sitting by himself in 13F (row in front of us), against the window, 2-2 CRJ.
Does this mean you will seek a new user name? LOL.

Old Jan 5, 2019, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Badenoch
You were in 14C. He was in 13F, a row ahead and across the aisle from you. He would have been easy to ignore.
So true, also applies to any and all posts here or any other media.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 11:20 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Was it Coke or Coke Zero?
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
While this fellow's conduct was out of the ordinary it didn't hurt or inconvenience anyone else. There was no one sitting beside him nor did he leave nail clippings strewn around his seat for the cleaners to deal with.

I guess people will leap in to defend next to anything, eh? Genuinely boggles my mind how anyone would say "just ignore it". It's disgusting, no matter where you are seated.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by D404
I guess people will leap in to defend next to anything, eh? Genuinely boggles my mind how anyone would say "just ignore it". It's disgusting, no matter where you are seated.
People should learn to mind their own business. The guy wasn't hurting anyone other than perhaps offending a couple of nosy busybodies who by their own admission were "enthralled" with his admittedly peculiar behavior. It's not disgusting if you don't look.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 1:02 pm

People should learn to mind their own business. The guy wasn't hurting anyone other than perhaps offending a couple of nosy busybodies who by their own admission were "enthralled" with his admittedly peculiar behavior. It's not disgusting if you don't look.
I can only respectfully disagree, or rather, agree to disagee, for this particular instance. I wouldn't consider myself a "busybody" for being disgusted if I noticed this in public, in an enclosed space, any more than I'd consider myself a "busybody" if I noticed someone defecating on their seat.

I won't argue the point further, in any case... it's clear we have fundementally different views.
ffsim and jc94 like this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 1:03 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Isn't the title of this thread to mention observed abnormalities? That's all, nothing more nothing less....
Bohemian1 and Queen B like this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by james dean
Isn't the title of this thread to mention observed abnormalities?
Yes.
Queen B likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 1:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by D404
I can only respectfully disagree, or rather, agree to disagee, for this particular instance. I wouldn't consider myself a "busybody" for being disgusted if I noticed this in public, in an enclosed space, any more than I'd consider myself a "busybody" if I noticed someone defecating on their seat.

I won't argue the point further, in any case... it's clear we have fundementally different views.
There is a huge difference between guy who harmlessly clips and eats his own finger and toenails and someone defecating in a seat.

There might be a case if the person snacking on his toenails was sitting beside the offended party but in this case they were a row behind and over. What did they do to acquire all of the specific details of this outrage? Stand up and look over the headrest to get a full view?
Old Jan 5, 2019, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by james dean
Isn't the title of this thread to mention observed abnormalities? That's all, nothing more nothing less....
Conveniently ignores why such a thread would exist in the first place, doesn't it? Should we have a meta-thread to discuss?

But I digress... I'll shut up.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 1:55 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
He was on a CRJ.

Does this mean you will seek a new user name? LOL.
I've been thinking about it for some time now. I only fly a CRJ once per year these days (the classic CRJ with 13 & 1/2 rows of seats), well twice actually, YOW-DCA-YOW for a conference every spring. How about Seat1A_AC_788?
--
13F

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.