Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Post your Super Elite S100K 2016/17 Benefit Year Qualification/Requalification Here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post your Super Elite S100K 2016/17 Benefit Year Qualification/Requalification Here!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2015, 11:14 pm

Programs: ACSE*2MM,CX Diamond, BA Gold, OW Emerald,Fairmont Platinum, SPG Platnium Lifetime,
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I do at least 1 TATL or 1 TPAC each week on average mixed in with a bunch of YYZ YVR roundtrips (mostly Y or P/Z with a handful of Flex)... and I think 450AQM is my limit... have no idea how survived nearly doubling myself and a few others here... of course J COS probably helps a bit.

I did 31 roundtrip YVR-HKG, about 20+ YUL-YVR round trips and 7 SYD's...I didn't realize until it was too late that the E-upgrade threshold runs out at 700K miles. Most of my travel was in PY and J/Z fares especially to SYD.
Considering HKG to be my new home base and/or SIN great connection possibilities to anywhere.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 11:44 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by 2MMKid
I did 31 roundtrip YVR-HKG, about 20+ YUL-YVR round trips and 7 SYD's...I didn't realize until it was too late that the E-upgrade threshold runs out at 700K miles.
Seems more like a technical limitation than a business decision. They probably didn't think anyone would fly more than 700k AQM in a single year!
Old Feb 23, 2015, 11:49 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
That's why we setup Do's for you in YUL. While we don't fly as much, hopefully we can sort of relate
Penguin: how much do you fly?

I am definitely envious of those who fly a lot, especially those who can on the company dime (as owner or employee) in J.

For me, being able to fly once a month is a treat. Throw in a flight every week and a couple of TPAC or TATL flights and I would be in heaven. I need a new job
Old Feb 24, 2015, 5:24 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by capebretonboy
Penguin: how much do you fly?

I am definitely envious of those who fly a lot, especially those who can on the company dime (as owner or employee) in J.

For me, being able to fly once a month is a treat. Throw in a flight every week and a couple of TPAC or TATL flights and I would be in heaven. I need a new job
Nowhere as close as the Dorian's, Nomads, Jaysona's of the world. Twice per week domestically/tb (when working/not on vacation), unlike twice per day as per some

I respect those that fly a whole ton, but I don't envy it. The jet lag, exhaustion etc sends a chill down my spine as going from EST to PST wrecks me pretty bad. Let alone crossing 8-12 time zones....
Old Feb 24, 2015, 5:34 am
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by yvrgary
A consultant I work with from time to time is generally in the top 25 on British Airways' annual frequent flyer list, largely by virtue of the fact that he does LHR-JFK or LHR-HKG two or three times a week.

As he put it, no lounge, points or PDB could make up for hours of taxis each week, in traffic, but that he'd simply gotten rid of his apartment, and spent three or four nights a week sleeping in hotels, and the rest of the nights sleeping in business class.

We now refer to him as "the richest bum in America".
In my opinion , LHR-JFK 3 times a week for a year would seem like an incredibly inefficient use of time and resources.

Perhaps certain circumstances come in to play.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does AC recognize in any way your significant travel with their company, yyznomad / 2MMKid ? You must be in the top 1-2% . I have heard VIP on some BPs as well, does this apply here at all?

Somehow I think I know the answer
Old Feb 24, 2015, 5:49 am

Programs: ACSE*2MM,CX Diamond, BA Gold, OW Emerald,Fairmont Platinum, SPG Platnium Lifetime,
Originally Posted by acysb87
Does AC recognize in any way your significant travel with their company, yyznomad / 2MMKid ? You must be in the top 1-2% . I have heard VIP on some BPs as well, does this apply here at all?

Somehow I think I know the answer
You know the answer...ZERO discounts, ZERO additional Benefits, and VIP wouldn't apply to us because we are "strategically" beneficial to AC and already have status. They did in 2013 when crossed past 350K thresholds they made exceptions for all about (5) of us (crazy top earners) and then this year and last year did a hard stop saying NO MORE.

Last edited by 2MMKid; Feb 24, 2015 at 8:06 am
Old Feb 24, 2015, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
You know the answer...ZERO discounts, ZERO additional Benefits, and VIP wouldn't apply to us because we are "strategically" beneficial to AC and already have status. They did in 2013 when crossed past 350K thresholds they made exceptions for all about (5) of us (crazy top earners) and then this year and last year did a hard stop saying NO MORE.
When I surpassed 400K AQM in 2013 I asked AC if they would consider giving a threshold gift and I got flat out denied. I guess I didn't fly enough.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When I surpassed 400K AQM in 2013 I asked AC if they would consider giving a threshold gift and I got flat out denied. I guess I didn't fly enough.
Was the request verbal or written? Was it sent to general mailbox or someone like Calin or Ben S.? I am being curious as "flat out denied" has peaked my interest
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:52 pm

Really? I was told by my Aeroplan contact at the time that she had about 5 people in my same situation and each was handled on a case by case basis. Send me PM and I will let you know who I was dealing with it. Hey....it never can hurt to ask.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by acysb87
Was the request verbal or written? Was it sent to general mailbox or someone like Calin or Ben S.? I am being curious as "flat out denied" has peaked my interest
Last year it was sent to Craig Landry's department in Marketing and when I had the "honour" of being on a flight with Ben Smith in early September, I escalated it to his email address only for send it back to them for them to second time me NO!!
Old Feb 24, 2015, 1:03 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by RZR
In my opinion , LHR-JFK 3 times a week for a year would seem like an incredibly inefficient use of time and resources.

Perhaps certain circumstances come in to play.
He's a business agent, for whom face time and personal attention is basically the product that he sells.

Certainly not a life I'd choose, but then again he makes a few nickels a year more than I do...
Old Feb 24, 2015, 2:52 pm

OMG. You must be the IBM Cobol dude, and you fly to all the AC stations to upgrade the old 3270 terminals to Windows 95!
Old Feb 24, 2015, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
dDiamond

To boot, just got my dDiamond requal email.

G
o
l
f

C
l
a
p
Old Feb 28, 2015, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Bumping...

Because there must be (surely, not Shirley) other newly minted or renewed SE's by now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.