FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   AC increases YYC-LHR, decreases YEG-LHR for S15 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1653056-ac-increases-yyc-lhr-decreases-yeg-lhr-s15.html)

Stranger Feb 27, 2015 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by yulred (Post 24427350)
I already said YEG-FRA on Rouge might not be such a bad idea. :p

To YYZ, YUL, YOW too?

:D

winnipegrev Mar 17, 2015 8:49 pm

Looks like KLM doesn't think they can survive in YEG either. They just announced the route will not be starting in May as planned, YEG-AMS is postponed until further notice.

KLM delaying 787s and start of YEG

Altaflyer Mar 17, 2015 8:52 pm

.....apparently until May 19 due to some Union issue. At least that's their story.

xLuther Mar 17, 2015 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by winnipegrev (Post 24523997)
Looks like KLM doesn't think they can survive in YEG either. They just announced the route will not be starting in May as planned, YEG-AMS is postponed until further notice.

KLM delaying 787s and start of YEG

Funny I read Boeing 787's are delayed, so the route is delayed sounds like aircraft issues as much as anything else. Your opinion is not really mentioned go figure

KLM enables delivery Dreamliners from
Photo: Reuters
Published: March 17, 2015 16:55
Last Updated: March 17, 2015 20:53
KLM took delivery of two of the ten ordered new Boeing 787 Dreamliner type postponed.
Which confirmed a spokesman for the airline Tuesday after reports by trade magazine Business trip . The Dreamliners will get there, but later, as it stands now.

The delay is related to the difficult collective bargaining within KLM and the difficult financial situation of Air France-KLM. Therefore should provisionally be carefully dealt with the company's money.

In that context, KLM announced Monday already that the introduction of flights to new destinations such as Canada Edmonton is postponed.

Ambitious schedule

The postponement of the delivery of two aircraft KLM receives the next time so eight of the ten ordered Dreamliners. The first is supplied in October and the second in November. Beginning in 2016, the third new Boeing expected the rest of the delivery schedule is not fixed yet, according to the spokesman.

'' We had a very ambitious schedule for the 787, but that is something adjusted, '' said operations director René de Groot KLM against Aviation News. '' New devices cost a lot of money and if we do not we can not decrease them the money. Therefore we must declines backwards. ''

KLM and Boeing have mutually agreed to the postponement, the spokesman said. The possible financial consequences of the decision he could say nothing.

CloudsBelow Mar 18, 2015 7:17 am

Originally Posted by xLuther (Post 24524043)
Funny I read Boeing 787's are delayed, so the route is delayed sounds like aircraft issues as much as anything else. Your opinion is not really mentioned go figure

Ummmm, yeah. Right.
It's either 787 issues or the viability of the route and KLM's desire not to spill red ink all over Northern Alberta, even after subsidies are factored in.

Dorian Mar 18, 2015 7:23 am

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow (Post 24525780)
Ummmm, yeah. Right.
It's either 787 issues or the viability of the route and KLM's desire not to spill red ink all over Northern Alberta, even after subsidies are factored in.

Let's see when they firm up commencement of the route. Surely they can find .5 of a frame for the 3*wk service at least

With the recent and continuing decimation of the Northern Alberta economy, airlines would have to be on crack to add capacity. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see further service cutbacks up there.

Seriously, if you were an airline CEO with 'spare' ASM's...would you really put them in to YEG?!! Think of all the booming cities and economies that would be better choices!

CloudsBelow Mar 18, 2015 7:45 am

Originally Posted by Dorian (Post 24525811)
With the recent and continuing decimation of the Northern Alberta economy, airlines would have to be on crack to add capacity. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see further service cutbacks up there.

Seriously, if you were an airline CEO with 'spare' ASM's...would you really put them in to YEG?!! Think of all the booming cities and economies that would be better choices!

Wonder how comfortable EIAA is these days. Are they second-guessing their "vision"? Did they over-play their hand and relevance with AC? This is entirely on EIAA. exYEG passengers this summer have every right to be p!ssed with EIAA if the KLM cuts are deeper than this initial start-up delay.
We should learn the first week of April what KLM's mid-term intentions are for YEG

Dorian Mar 18, 2015 7:48 am

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow (Post 24525904)
Wonder how comfortable EIAA is these days. Are they second-guessing their "vision"? Did they over-play their hand and relevance with AC? This is entirely on EIAA. exYEG passengers this summer have every right to be p!ssed with EIAA if the KLM cuts are deeper than this initial start-up delay.
We should learn the first week of April what KLM's mid-term intentions are for YEG

KLM's route planning in to YEG was no doubt predicated on oil patch money and summer vacations in Europe....which is now toast.

xLuther Mar 18, 2015 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Dorian (Post 24525811)

Care to list those "booming" economies, the EU outside of Germany is borderline basket case, China is "slowing down" and South America in general not very good.

Oh, you might want to do some fact checking as to where O&G cut backs are actually impacting and to what level in Alberta. ( and how it's hitting Central Canada as well)

Dorian Mar 18, 2015 7:58 am

Originally Posted by xLuther (Post 24525926)
Care to list those "booming" economies, the EU outside of Germany is borderline basket case, China is "slowing down" and South America in general not very good.

http://i.imgur.com/kpbdtFr.jpg

Originally Posted by xLuther (Post 24525926)
Oh, you might want to do some fact checking as to where O&G cut backs are actually impacting and to what level in Alberta. ( and how it's hitting Central Canada as well)

I checked the facts by asking my 7 friends how their 'no pay cheque' thing is working out for them. They all said it was a bloodbath north of YEG with stores and restaurants already shuttering.

YEG'ers love to defend the EIAA, while they trash the airport.

CloudsBelow Mar 18, 2015 8:28 am

I see Columbia on that list .... might explain, in part, why the "787/union" issues don't seem to impact KLM's plan to launch new services into 2 Columbian cities in the coming weeks.

Odd that AC is crushed around here for "spin" at every turn but when an airline spins a release that supports a position, it's lapped up as cold-hard fact.

Dorian Mar 18, 2015 8:32 am

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow (Post 24526085)
I see Columbia on that list .... might explain, in part, why the "787/union" issues don't seem to impact KLM's plan to launch new services into 2 Columbian cities in the coming weeks.

Odd that AC is crushed around here for "spin" at every turn but when an airline spins a release that supports a position, it's lapped up as cold-hard fact.

KLM is an expert at entering and developing emerging markets, especially Africa. YEG is a declining market, so will be odd if they start it.

CloudsBelow Mar 18, 2015 8:47 am

The emails should start going out this week to the exYEG KLM PAX ..........
"Exciting enhancements to your scheduled KLM itinerary!" Wonder what YEGYYC WS flight they'll be piled on to connect to YYCAMS?

Good gawd, I hope our local FT YEG faithful weren't on one of the initial YEGAMS flights ... Getting a re-route via YYC might be too much to handle.

heraclitus Mar 18, 2015 9:34 am

Originally Posted by ProudEdmontonian (Post 24526429)
The usual useless commentary from the usual....

I don't think any city has boosters like Edmonton has boosters. Every press release that is even the least bit positive for YEG gets posted here almost instantly. So when there is actual bad news, it's not surprising to see the YEG contingent get their buttons pushed hard. Maybe ease up a little.

jbus Mar 18, 2015 9:52 am

http://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nieuw...ge-cao-impasse

They're cutting a total of 22 weekly frequencies including YEG, YYZ, BKK, GIG among others.

Do you reckon YYZ, BKK, and GIG are struggling markets too?