Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Jan/15 - Guess AC's next two TPAC/TATL destinations!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jan/15 - Guess AC's next two TPAC/TATL destinations!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2015, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Noone guessed TUN, so TU beat AC to it

TU888 TUN0940 – 1430YUL AB6 36
TU889 YUL1630 – 0610+1TUN AB6 36
Right on the heels of this....

27JAN2015
Syphax Airlines (FS, Sfax) has ended widebody operations with the return of its sole A330-200 - TS-IRA (cn 345) - to Airbus Leasing. In a statement to the AeroTunisie aviation portal, the carrier said it had reached an agreement with the lessor regarding the final recovery of the jet which, since October last year, has been grounded in Jeddah following a serious engine malfunction.

The jet was part of the carrier's ambitious expansion programme to develop Tunis into an intercontinental hub linking the Eastern hemisphere with the Western. However, its initial foray into the transatlantic market with Montréal Trudeau flights failed to gain enough traction resulting in the route's downgrading to seasonal status just 4 months after its launch.

Syphax has meanwhile said it has signed a USD60million charter agreement with an unspecified tour operator. The deal will involve the carrier's only two remaining aircraft - a pair of A319-100s.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 11:09 pm

YVR-BOM

A few miles shorter than YYZ-BOM.

That's the scuttlebutt among pilots (mind you, they are rarely a reliable source...)
Old Feb 11, 2015, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by Sebring
That's the scuttlebutt among pilots (mind you, they are rarely a reliable source...)
Understatement

I've spoken to a pilot who didn't know how many seats the aircraft he was flying (77P) had. (shockingly, he guessed more than there are )
Old Feb 11, 2015, 11:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by winnipegrev
(shockingly, he guessed more than there are )
THAT is scary
Old Feb 12, 2015, 9:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Not that I'm skeptical of the logic deploying a 789 YYZ-DEL (I fully agree with you on that) against the opportunity cost of YYZ-JNB or YYZ-ICN with the same aircraft, but when people quote $ numbers I find it a bit comical, they can tell any story someone wants.

$1000 R/T to DEL may exist but that is on the low end. Meanwhile $1200 on a 7000 mile is not. My 'random search' of YYZ-CDG today shows that nonstop 7500mi journey being $850 in May. If AC can get $1500 to DEL they would be doing quite well.
I just noticed today UA has yul-bom for $2200 in business class.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 8:07 am

I have wondered why one of the 787 is not deployed to increased the frequency of YYZ-HKG, a supposedly high demand route in J, PE and Y.

This route is noted by many to be one of the worst for upgrade.

Last edited by Clipper801; Mar 10, 2015 at 8:33 am
Old Feb 13, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by Sebring
YVR-BOM

A few miles shorter than YYZ-BOM.

I would love this! Right now (on the 24th for example) I have to go YVR - YYZ - LHR - BOM - AMD. This would let me go YVR - BOM - AMD.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Clipper801
I have wondered why one of the 788 is not deployed to increased the frequency of YYZ-HKG, a supposedly high demand route in J, PE and Y.

I don't think the 788 does well on flights over about 14 hours particularly with ACs density. They're probably pretty happy with the very low incremental cost 79 seats capacity growth they had this winter over last by going with 77W instead of 77L.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
I would love this! Right now (on the 24th for example) I have to go YVR - YYZ - LHR - BOM - AMD. This would let me go YVR - BOM - AMD.
Interesting. I go the other way....usually via an AC Asian city.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by Dorian
Interesting. I go the other way....usually via an AC Asian city.
would have loved to! but it was $3,000 more per ticket x 2. Had to be reasonable (and as you know, the troubles with booking 10 days out).
Old Feb 13, 2015, 10:57 am

Programs: AC Elite 50K
I don't think the 788 does well on flights over about 14 hours particularly with ACs density. They're probably pretty happy with the very low incremental cost 79 seats capacity growth they had this winter over last by going with 77W instead of 77L.
I figure you'll see this next year when they have 12 new wide bodies coming and only 2 leaving.

YYZ->HKG would occupy about 2 of these aircraft full time.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 11:24 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
From a leisure traveller point of view, I would have thought that YVR-DEL and YYZ-BOM would work better based on the demographics.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by vernonc
From a leisure traveller point of view, I would have thought that YVR-DEL and YYZ-BOM would work better based on the demographics.
Hey, I'll take that too! If I can get into india from YVR direct on AC and hop around from there I am happy.

Ps: it's not leisure though so my opinions may be different.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by Clipper801
I have wondered why one of the 787 is not deployed to increased the frequency of YYZ-HKG, a supposedly high demand route in J, PE and Y.

I just noticed CX is seasonally increasing the YYZ-HKG frequency to 13 weekly flights during 2015 summer.

PE available on every flight that may be upgraded to J using AM points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.