Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested the original 2004 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here.

That original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about other airline/hotel loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2015, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Wait, this actually happens? If R inventory opens up, and you are waitlisted, the system will automatically upgrade you? Where have I been? I thought that you have to unupgrade yourself and then reupgrade yourself? If so, this is cool and I clearly have missed something!!
I get silently upgraded in advance quite often.

The R opening up and doing a DIY against my waitlist booking happens when R becomes 1 from 0.

This time, R went from 0 to 7 or more just like that.
But I am on a Latitude booking and P was 0 at the time of booking. Now even after my silent upgrade P is 8. I was the third person with a confirmed seat assignment on a flight that was P0R0 for months. I guess AC realized that they weren't going to be anywhere near selling out the J cabin in the coming week.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Dorian
Sure, had it happen, just not always.

Could also be manual intervention and not actual R space opening. That happens a lot to me.
Ditto.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyznomad
...... I guess AC realized that they weren't going to be anywhere near selling out the J cabin in the coming week.
On a TATL flight Saturday. You headed that way? Tried to PM you but your mailbox is full
Old Mar 18, 2015, 6:01 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
I'm in th YEG lounge and the guy next to me is face timing his family and NOT using headphones. How @&$*^#% RUDE!
Old Mar 18, 2015, 6:02 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by SearsTower
I'm in th YEG lounge and the guy next to me is face timing his family and NOT using headphones. How @&$*^#% RUDE!
Stand behind him and wave....thats what I do.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 6:08 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
Unfortunately there is a wall behind him. And now he is watching a movie still without headphones!
Old Mar 18, 2015, 6:28 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Unfortunately there is a wall behind him. And now he is watching a movie still without headphones!
Tell the desk agent. I hate crap like that.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 6:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

Wander over, tell him you can hear the soundtrack from...., ask him if he minds if you can "enjoy" the video too, and ask him to move over and make room. If he looks confused, stare.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 6:44 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
YEG MLL definitely has the most interesting characters. I hate crap like that. Hence why I'm at ease in the PPL where the 4 drink rule seemingly isn't enforced by the lounge staff for me
Old Mar 18, 2015, 6:46 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by acysb87
On a TATL flight Saturday. You headed that way? Tried to PM you but your mailbox is full
Me too PM me
Old Mar 18, 2015, 6:51 pm
Suspended

AC Travel Alerts page

Oh I just laughed. You'll see

Old Mar 18, 2015, 6:53 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Has anyone seen/heard from Mr. Leblond lately? He's been gone a long time. Does anyone know if he's ok or just on vacation/work?
Old Mar 18, 2015, 6:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Has anyone seen/heard from Mr. Leblond lately? He's been gone a long time. Does anyone know if he's ok or just on vacation/work?

He's away.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 6:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 24left
He's away.
Ok cool. Thanks for the update, was beginning to get worried about him! Doesn't he FT on vacation? *wags finger*
Old Mar 18, 2015, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 24left
Oh I just laughed. You'll see

That must be a joke.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.