Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Spend $100 on a TD Aeroplan Infinite Card, Get $100 Credit (Jan/8 to Apr/30)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spend $100 on a TD Aeroplan Infinite Card, Get $100 Credit (Jan/8 to Apr/30)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2015, 12:21 am
Original Poster
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Cool Spend $100 on a TD Aeroplan Infinite Card, Get $100 Credit (Jan/8 to Apr/30)

Aeroplan just launched a promo for TD Aeroplan Infinite Card cardholders. Note that it's not listed on the main promotions list - but nowhere does it have the usual boilerplate that it only applies to those invited.

We've got 100 reasons for you to make an Air Canada® purchase using your TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite* Card.

Make a minimum $100 Air Canada purchase using your TD Aeroplan Infinite Card between January 8 and April 30, 2015, and you'll receive a special $100 statement credit.1 Enjoy the credit along with the many travel benefits your TD Aeroplan credit Card has to offer.
Most likely the timing matches the expiration of the First Year Free (FYF) offer, as a way to entice people to stay on.

Even better, the current T&C's don't state that Gift Cards are exempted... even if I know most of us FTers will easily spend that.

http://www4.aeroplan.com/promotions/...ortCookie=true

Credit goes to RFD for highlighting this one.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 3:27 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by Absolute
Aeroplan just launched a promo for TD Aeroplan Infinite Card cardholders. Note that it's not listed on the main promotions list - but nowhere does it have the usual boilerplate that it only applies to those invited.

Most likely the timing matches the expiration of the First Year Free (FYF) offer, as a way to entice people to stay on.

Even better, the current T&C's don't state that Gift Cards are exempted... even if I know most of us FTers will easily spend that.

http://www4.aeroplan.com/promotions/...ortCookie=true

Credit goes to RFD for highlighting this one.
So this has to be an "Air Canada" purchase. Hopefully Aeroplan scam charges count...
Old Jan 9, 2015, 6:18 am

Programs: Free Agent
note for all those looking to kill the card once FYF is up- the statement credit posts 10 weeks after purchase if your acct is still in good standing at time of fulfilment- putting the early birds at sign up into a decision making situation.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 7:29 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by canolakid
note for all those looking to kill the card once FYF is up- the statement credit posts 10 weeks after purchase if your acct is still in good standing at time of fulfilment- putting the early birds at sign up into a decision making situation.
I got this offer in my email and have the same dilemna as to cancel it prior to the end of February.

Where can we buy a gift card on the aircanada website to redeem for this?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 9:02 am
Original Poster
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Sweetvibes
Where can we buy a gift card on the aircanada website to redeem for this?
https://www.giftcard.aircanada.com/Default.aspx
Old Jan 9, 2015, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by Absolute
Thank you.

I am going to make a purchase now and will update if the credit posts earlier.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 9:43 am

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Did not receive the promo email, but will try anyway.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 10:16 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Hmmm, wonder if I can get 4 rebates for each of my TD AE cards! Probably not as the promo will be tied to the AE # but I'll try!
Old Jan 9, 2015, 11:07 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
arg....Trying to get a GC here.... I'm stuck on the verified by visa page, it's formatted incorrectly so I can't enter the password twice, just great. Looks like an ac tech issue, the window isn't big enough. I tried calling TD but it's the general phone number....no thanks.
[edit]

to register for verified by visa https://secure4.es.arcot.com/vpas/td...9&locale=en_US

it worked. Finally

Last edited by mikeycanuk; Jan 9, 2015 at 11:24 am
Old Jan 9, 2015, 11:41 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Originally Posted by mikeycanuk
arg....Trying to get a GC here.... I'm stuck on the verified by visa page, it's formatted incorrectly so I can't enter the password twice, just great. Looks like an ac tech issue, the window isn't big enough. I tried calling TD but it's the general phone number....no thanks.
[edit]

to register for verified by visa https://secure4.es.arcot.com/vpas/td...9&locale=en_US

it worked. Finally
Yeah I had to use the tab bar to access the 2nd password spot, scrolly wheel does not work...
Old Jan 9, 2015, 12:38 pm

Thank you.

Just be careful when you go to use the gift card, it should not exceed 25% of the fare or the travel insurance that comes with the Visa card will be invalidated.

Both TD and CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite/Infinite Privilege require at least 75% of the fare be charged to the Visa to activate the travel insurance coverage.

Amex requires 100%.

Last edited by Clipper801; Jan 10, 2015 at 9:20 am
Old Jan 9, 2015, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Clipper801
Just be careful when you go to use the gift card, it should not exceed 25% of the fare or the travel insurance that comes with the card will be invalidated.

Both TD and CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite/Infinite Privilege require at least 75% of the fare be charged to the Visa to activate the travel insurance coverage.

Amex requires 100%.
That's a very useful point I had no idea.

I am likely going to use this for a one-way flight, or something of marginal cost.

I just ordered my card should arrive on Tuesday next week, let's see how TD handles the credit.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 3:21 pm

Does this need to be targeted?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by Geoflying
So this has to be an "Air Canada" purchase. Hopefully Aeroplan scam charges count...
Not redeemable for award tickets nor Aeroplan scam charges.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 3:25 pm

Thank you.

You gays usually get Plastic or eGift? And if Plastic, does it come preactivated via mail and what about the risk of it being "preowned" by someone else via post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.