Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

24/7 Concierge (Call Centre) Experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

24/7 Concierge (Call Centre) Experiences

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2015, 1:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Not sure if this is a tongue in cheek, but did you manage to get on my flight?
No. I have to wait until same day changes are available. Another 9 hours...
Old Mar 21, 2015, 1:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
No. I have to wait until same day changes are available. Another 9 hours...
Do me a favor and try to boot someone out of a seat next to you. Surely someone wants 1D on a 320. I'm trying to find things to bribe people with, but surely a $25 gift card for SDM isn't going to do it....it's hard bribing people flying up front. Although I guess i'll ask nicely first
Old Mar 21, 2015, 5:36 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Just called to change a flight to an earlier one tomorrow. I'm checked in, and I can't make the change online or through reservations. Only airport agents can do what I want.

"Sir, you're not traveling today. I'm going to transfer you to the Super Elite desk."

Thanks ^
Sounds like the call center has a very strict set of rules now that they won't budge on. But could they have even helped you? SDC needs to be done after midnight.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by yvr76
Sounds like the call center has a very strict set of rules now that they won't budge on. But could they have even helped you? SDC needs to be done after midnight.
I was hoping they could process it as a regular change, but bypassing the call center's "If it's not offered by the web booking tool, I can't give it you."

I'll be sending an email shortly for a SDC, but it would be nice to get it done with.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 6:12 pm

Programs: ACSE*2MM,CX Diamond, BA Gold, OW Emerald,Fairmont Platinum, SPG Platnium Lifetime,
All these new rookies are being taught by the book and the days where the concierge would do things for all of us I am afraid are long gone.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 6:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by 2MMKid
All these new rookies are being taught by the book and the days where the concierge would do things for all of us I am afraid are long gone.
To be fair, would you care more about your job or your customer? I bend the rules all the time for my customers but at the end of the day, something's gotta give, and I know I care more about self preservation than helping someone else out...unless there was a culture where I was empowered. And at AC, certainly that culture didn't exist.

I was on a flight last night and the SD (rightly so) refused a J pax from buying anything from Y. I offered to pay for it....hey, we all are humans right? But she said, 3 weeks ago, a directive came down and even though she was one of the best SD's I've had, she refused to bend that rule (so good on her!) Now i've had AC SD's bend the rules all the time, but I know they are risking their jobs. That's simply unacceptable. This isn't life and death, the employees are being treated like dogs on a leash. That doesn't make me happy as a passenger.

On BR, you're not supposed to get champagne on the ground (from what I know). I asked on every flight, they never even batted an eye. I got 3 or 4 drinks of champagne on the ground on BR. That breaks their rules, but the FA's don't care And I like that.

Which airline employs so called "slaves" again? Remind me please.

Last edited by superangrypenguin; Mar 21, 2015 at 7:03 pm
Old Mar 21, 2015, 6:56 pm

I was hoping they could process it as a regular change, but bypassing the call center's "If it's not offered by the web booking tool, I can't give it you."

I'll be sending an email shortly for a SDC, but it would be nice to get it done with.
Right, so you're on a Latitude FP trying to change routing. Can't be done via call center, but can via a SDC? Are routing changes still permissible via a SDC?
Old Mar 21, 2015, 7:05 pm

Right, so you're on a Latitude FP trying to change routing. Can't be done via call center, but can via a SDC? Are routing changes still permissible via a SDC?
They are, but I'm not trying to change routing. Just catch an earlier YYZ-YVR.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 8:22 pm

Programs: ACSE*2MM,CX Diamond, BA Gold, OW Emerald,Fairmont Platinum, SPG Platnium Lifetime,
They are, but I'm not trying to change routing. Just catch an earlier YYZ-YVR.
OK so just ask to be put on the Early Stand By list by the Concierge. If he or she has half a pulse they know how to do it before the flight is gated and turned over to the airport. If not just have them do it after 12:01am.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 8:24 pm

Which airline employs so called "slaves" again? Remind me please.
What do you expect for $11.26 an hour as a wage? Heck Sally in Tim Horton's in YYZ Domestic earns more than the new hire concierges.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 8:25 pm
Suspended

What do you expect for $11.26 an hour as a wage? Heck Sally in Tim Horton's in YYZ Domestic earns more than the new hire concierges.
Let's not get into this discussion again? The concierges have perks, like pensions, cheaper flights that the Sally in the Tim Hortons has no privileges to. If they have a problem with pay, don't take the job. Sorry but I have 0 patience with stuff like this.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 8:27 pm

Let's not get into this discussion again? The concierges have perks, like pensions, cheaper flights that the Sally in the Tim Hortons has no privileges to. If they have a problem with pay, don't take the job. Sorry but I have 0 patience with stuff like this.
Wrong!...Sally get's to stuff her face all day thru her shift with Jelly Donuts!
Old Mar 21, 2015, 8:28 pm
Suspended

Wrong!...Sally get's to stuff her face all day thru her shift with Jelly Donuts!
Oh bud. That's just funny
Old Mar 21, 2015, 9:18 pm

I've never had poor service from any concierge from the call center. I've called 3 times since they've set this up - once for a SDC from LAS, second for a misconnect and was put on another flight while I waited for my bag, third time they weren't able to help me due to a change in policy.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Exactly. Absolutely brutal. They deserve better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.