Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

24/7 Concierge (Call Centre) Experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

24/7 Concierge (Call Centre) Experiences

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2017, 4:59 am

About a month ago, MrsITAG had a seat go inoperable when we were going to the US. We only found out while checking in, as we had golf bags. Since the flight was oversold, she only had 'gate assignment' for a seat. She's 75, I'm 100.

We all know how that will turn out and she won't get assigned a seat at the gate.

So I call the concierge. It goes to voicemail, of course, since no one answers anymore. I leave my number.

At the same time, the check in agent -- who was helpful -- was trying to call direct a friend of hers who was an actual human concierge. No luck.

We decide to walk down to the fancy SE/concierge office back at domestic. Still no call.

And when we get there, there's an agent -- I'm not sure if she was a concierge -- sitting there reading a magazine. Chewing gum.

Yup, service levels definitely suck eggs!
Old Apr 7, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
About a month ago, MrsITAG had a seat go inoperable when we were going to the US. We only found out while checking in, as we had golf bags. Since the flight was oversold, she only had 'gate assignment' for a seat. She's 75, I'm 100.

We all know how that will turn out and she won't get assigned a seat at the gate.

So I call the concierge. It goes to voicemail, of course, since no one answers anymore. I leave my number.

At the same time, the check in agent -- who was helpful -- was trying to call direct a friend of hers who was an actual human concierge. No luck.

We decide to walk down to the fancy SE/concierge office back at domestic. Still no call.

And when we get there, there's an agent -- I'm not sure if she was a concierge -- sitting there reading a magazine. Chewing gum.

Yup, service levels definitely suck eggs!
That is a pretty new level of terrible.

Of course the fact that it takes 2 or 3 of the new concierges that don't know anything to do the job of one of the senior concierges is another big part of the problem. I honestly don't remember the last time I spoke to one of the new people who knew herself how to solve the problem (and they are not complex problems). Every single time at least one or two other staff members had to be pulled in to help. Smiling incompetence is still incompetence.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.