Wiki Posts
Search

COPA rewards flights disappeared

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2014, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors, Le Club Accor Platinum
COPA rewards flights disappeared

There use to be lots of COPA award flights available and now its gone. This has been the case for at least a couple months. Flights appeared for a couple days last month and now gone again.
For mileage plus bookings the agents can see the flights online and able to book that way, however Aeroplan agents can't seem to do this. Tried 3 different agents, don't feel like being on hold anymore. I believe the issue is with COPA, but not sure why Aeroplan agents can't see the flights when Mileage Plus agents can. Flights show on ANA search. Any insights?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 10:28 am

Programs: Skymiles Silver Medallion
Same issue here. I spoke to an Aeroplan agent who told me that the ticketing for COPA has been down for weeks. Not only that, but even booking a paid codeshare ticket on COPA via Air Canada seems to be down as well. The third-party flight search sites, such as Google Flights or Expedia, also can't seem to find COPA fares. I'm not buying the "technical glitch" explanation; a glitch doesn't take months to sort out. Very frustrating, since I'd been hoping to fly on a COPA flight using my Aeroplan points this winter. Looks like that won't happen now, and any Air Canada alternatives require at least two connections and hundreds more in fuel surcharges. (Aha, we may have found the issue... how much do you want to bet that when this is "fixed", COPA will suddenly start charging for fuel surcharges on reward tickets, too?)
Old Sep 5, 2014, 7:00 pm

I logged onto millage plus to book a flight and noticed there were no copa flights on the list. Almost all the flights on the list used to be copa when doing anything in Central America.

Heck even direct flights in and out of Panama are not showing up. What gives?

Do you have to call mileage plus to book flights on copa?
Old Sep 5, 2014, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by segacs
how much do you want to bet that when this is "fixed", COPA will suddenly start charging for fuel surcharges on reward tickets, too?)
Highly unlikely, as there is no YQ on Copa revenue tickets.
And its not Copa that decides whether Aeroplan tickets on their metal will attract surcharges, that is an exclusive decision of Air Canada.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 6:52 pm

Whatever the case, the rewards disappeared well over a month ago and are showing no signs of coming back. Even the call centre agents can't see or book them. It makes Aeroplan points a lot less valuable for travel to Central and South America.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 7:46 pm

Same issue being reported on UA forum.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l#post23461739
Old Sep 7, 2014, 9:24 pm

Yeah but UA customers are reporting they can book by phone. Whereas Aeroplan call centre agents can't access the COPA flights at all.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 9:49 pm

I'm just an amateur, so take this for what it's worth, but in the spring, when I was researching/booking a Copa award flight, I found that the flights on Copa appeared on the Aeroplan site, disappeared, and appeared again, over the course of a couple of weeks. So maybe keep checking?

And this is an aside, but AC and Aeroplan completely stranded me, alone in Bogota with zero concern, assistance or compensation (I had to find and fund my own way home via AA) so I will never use AC/AP for reward flights again. Anybody want a blender???
Old Sep 9, 2014, 9:04 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Fairmont PC, AC nobody, VIPorter, National Exec, Hertz #1 Club Gold
As of this morning, I'm seeing a number of Copa flights back online thru AP....
Old Sep 9, 2014, 11:11 am

Programs: AC SE
Availability

Got a Copa J flight for Christmas today. Already had the return booked.Has not been showing up for a month, but it re-appeared today. $56.00 surcharge (YUL-EZE) AND 47,500 Miles!
For the next day AC wants 95,000 in Y and $275.00 in surcharges with a 10 hour layover in Sao Paulo.

Last edited by jmolony; Sep 9, 2014 at 11:21 am
Old Sep 9, 2014, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors, Le Club Accor Platinum
Awesome, booked flights before they disappear again. Slim pickings to the Caribbean without COPA.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 6:19 am

Tried YYZ-PTY for October. Shows up on Aeroplan but the click to book has itinerary not available on next screen. Phoned aeroplan and agent said oh it's a Copa flight. We have been having this problem for a long time and even though it shows up online, we cannot see it or book it. Sorry.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:39 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K, SPG Gold
Availability disappeared again. Can aeroplan somehow do a manual ticket? I can see I and X availability on expert flyer and united call centre seems to be taking bookings manually.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by sluis
Availability disappeared again. Can aeroplan somehow do a manual ticket? I can see I and X availability on expert flyer and united call centre seems to be taking bookings manually.
Aeroplan told me that they cannot do a manual booking for Copa
Old Sep 12, 2014, 8:25 am

Wish i found this thread long ago. Trying to change my Aeroplan award dates on Copa for months and noticed 3 days ago it was back up, but didnt rush the change thinking they fixed the data integration problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.