Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: asovse1
Suggested format for a wiki containing a quick summary of what's available and when at the various MLLs...

Summary of Meal Offerings and Times at MLLs

YYZ Domestic
Breakfast: 05:15 AM - 10:30 AM; (as of March 2018) oatmeal, yogurts, scrambled eggs, sausages, hash browns, bread, jam etc. As of Nov/Dec 2018: the usual oatmeal yogurt, bread, bananas, sometimes watermelon, cheese omelette, some sort of meat (e.g. sausage), some sort of roasted potato (from frozen)
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; 2 soups, small salad/vegetable offering (e.g. potato salad, kale and cranberry salad, edamame beans), margarita pizza (starting at 11:30), cookies, fruit
Dinner: x:xx PM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings
Outside meal times: tortillas, salsa, cookies, soups. PHOTOS
Alcohol available: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM/AM

YYZ Transborder
Breakfast: x:xx AM - y:yy AM; quick description of food offerings
Lunch: x:xx AM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings
Outside meal times: quick description of food offerings

YYZ International
Breakfast: x:xx AM - y:yy AM; quick description of food offerings
Lunch: x:xx AM - y:yy PM; See this post for photos https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30073984-post2600.html Note that the last photos posted for this MLL were Aug 2018

YVR Domestic
Breakfast: 07:00 AM - 9:30 AM; (as of July 2018), sausages, scrambled eggs, potato cakes, oatmeal, yogurts, bananas, bread, jam etc
Lunch: 11:00 AM - 2:00?? PM; pizza (limited time, usually replenished no more than twice), salads (chips are pulled) ended ~2pm today, but seems abnormal -eb 2018Jun20
Dinner:6:00 PM - 6:45 PM; macaron with crushed tomato sauce, sprinkled lightly with shredded white cheese and a few basil leaves
Outside meal times: tortillas, salsa of hummus (not both at same time), cookies; pretzels from 3:00 PM until 4:30 PM
Alcohol available: 11:00 AM - at least 10:00 PM

YVR Transborder
Breakfast: ??:?? AM - ??:?? AM; quick description of food offerings
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings

YVR International
Breakfast: ??:?? AM - 10:30 AM; (as of March 2018), oatmeal, scrambled eggs, cantaloupe, croissant/danish. PHOTOS and more PHOTOS
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; similar to YUL international, salads, veggies, hot pasta dish
Outside meal times: PHOTOS from pre-late night departures

YUL Domestic
Breakfast: x:xx PM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings
Alcohol available: ??:?? - y:yy PM/AM

YUL Transborder
Dinner: x:xx PM - y:yy PM; quick description of food offerings. PHOTOS of pasta

YUL International
Lunch: 11:15 AM - y:yy PM; pizza, 3 different salads, raw veggies plus around 11:30, chef was making pasta with garlic and shrimp
Outside meal times: tortilla chips, salsa, guacamole, cookies, fruit salad, other salads, soups. PHOTOS

YYC
Breakfast: ??:?? AM - ??:?? AM; muffins, fruit, yogurt, toast (with various spreads)
Lunch: ~11:30 AM - 1:30 PM; pizza, soup, chilli; Mon beef roast + sides
Dinner: ~4:30 PM - 6:30 PM; skillit, veggies, rice, Chilli, soup
Outside meal times: ???

LAX
Breakfast: 05:15 AM - 10:30 AM; (as of March 2018) oatmeal, cold hard boiled eggs, yogurt, bread, jam etc
Lunch: 11:00 AM - y:yy PM; 2 soups, small salad/vegetable offering (potato salad, kale and cranberry salad, edamame beans), nachos, salsa, sour cream, cookies, fruit
Outside meal times: tortillas, salsa, cookies, soups.
Alcohol available: 6:00 AM - 9:30 PM

etc...
Print Wikipost

AC lounge food

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2017, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
More people "eating" and "fondling tongs" at a maple leaf lounge and less at the better lounges. Win win for all.
Don't forget those who sneeze on their hands, pick their nose, then handle the tongs before dipping them fully into the sauce (including the handle portion).\

Even better, the ones who just reach in with their hands without using the provided tongs.

Oink oink.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 11:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
More people "eating" and "fondling tongs" at a maple leaf lounge and less at the better lounges. Win win for all.
I've seen similar behavior at other airline or credit card lounges in Canada - is this a Canadian cultural problem? I've had to yell at people in the MLLs on more than one occasion to stop using their hands to take food, and as a general rule I will take a cocktail napkin and wrap it around the end of any serving utensil I touch because I've witnessed enough examples of "Canadian hygiene" practices to know better

The problem seems so prevalent, they really need to hire someone to stand there with a cattle prod and zap anyone who uses their hands until the message gets delivered.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by bocastephen
The problem seems so prevalent, they really need to hire someone to stand there with a cattle prod and zap anyone who uses their hands until the message gets delivered.
Sounds like a fun job, for a certain type.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I've seen similar behavior at other airline or credit card lounges in Canada - is this a Canadian cultural problem? I've had to yell at people in the MLLs on more than one occasion to stop using their hands to take food, and as a general rule I will take a cocktail napkin and wrap it around the end of any serving utensil I touch because I've witnessed enough examples of "Canadian hygiene" practices to know better

I already complained to the MLL manager at YYZ Domestic about this. I suggested perhaps having a sign reminding patrons to use the ladle, or something to the effect of practicing good hygiene or whatever. I was quickly dismissed.

It's the MLL manager - middle-aged female with glasses. Often spends time in the business area interacting with Raoul and Dorothy, the MLL tech personnel.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 11:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by smallmj
Sounds like a fun job, for a certain type.
Oh, they wouldn't have to pay me - I'd even pay just for the privilege
Old Oct 11, 2017, 12:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
IIRC, a suggestion was posted here some time ago about AC offering more regional foods in their Canadian lounges. Along with offering something different, it would also be an opportunity to showcase Canada and local food and ingredient offerings.

Yesssss, we all know AC employs Compass to run the MLLs (well, most of them) and the food offerings seem to be exactly the same across the country.

Why? Is it volume discount on tortillas and salsa? Or the quinoa salads?

This reminded me to post the suggestion again....even as a test, like:

http://liveandletsfly.boardingarea.c...regional-food/
capedreamer likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 24left
IIRC, a suggestion was posted here some time ago about AC offering more regional foods in their Canadian lounges. Along with offering something different, it would also be an opportunity to showcase Canada and local food and ingredient offerings.

Yesssss, we all know AC employs Compass to run the MLLs (well, most of them) and the food offerings seem to be exactly the same across the country.

Why? Is it volume discount on tortillas and salsa? Or the quinoa salads?

This reminded me to post the suggestion again....even as a test, like:

http://liveandletsfly.boardingarea.c...regional-food/
So for the yyz Dom MLL, regional food would be Molson Canadian beer and hot dogs.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 12:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Baby steps for AC. Start with the International MLLs, since YUL and YVR have been renovated.

Instead of the SAME salads and bland pasta dishes and mediocre cookies (for example) in EACH lounge, AC could easily offer a TEST of one to two items that would be more representative of foods or ingredients in that city/province.

Anyway, it was a suggestion because why not.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 24left
Baby steps for AC. Start with the International MLLs, since YUL and YVR have been renovated.

Instead of the SAME salads and bland pasta dishes and mediocre cookies (for example) in EACH lounge, AC could easily offer a TEST of one to two items that would be more representative of foods or ingredients in that city/province.

Anyway, it was a suggestion because why not.
You might have to suggest this for the next procurement round... when does the current contract end? Compass does the staffing... who does the food? Still Compass? These are just blind questions... I know Compass does the YVR MLL staffing...
Old Oct 11, 2017, 5:40 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Way off topic, but I was having a vigorous discussion in the LHR MLL about drinking rum and real coke versus reduced calorie options. I asserted that real Coke wasn't that many more calories and it tasted way better. So, of course we both started Googling.

Lo and behold, according to Livestrong.com, it turns out that the calorie count is about 140 for a real rum and coke and about 97.5 for the pretend version. Good to know. But the actual reason I'm bothering to post this trivia was some wording at the bottom of this particular web page:
If you enjoy a rum and Coke and don't wish to sacrifice flavor, substitute Diet Coke with Coke Zero; its flavor is more similar to Coke Classic. Coke Zero and Diet Coke both have zero calories.
I think the Cow has been moonlighting as a nutrition writer. Just saying.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 5:56 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Coke Zero is the way to go in an MLL. Coke Life is the way I go at home. Fewer calories than the real stuff, yet tastes nearly the same as the real stuff.

In on-topic news, the YVR MLL has been sporting a bowl of nacho crumbs for the last 30 minutes. So, after having an over-sodiumized soup, I had a pint of Crown and Coke Zero. And then another.

I genuinely wonder whether whatever AC saves in food expenses they forfeit in alcohol expenses.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ffsim
Coke Zero is the way to go in an MLL. Coke Life is the way I go at home. Fewer calories than the real stuff, yet tastes nearly the same as the real stuff.

In on-topic news, the YVR MLL has been sporting a bowl of nacho crumbs for the last 30 minutes. So, after having an over-sodiumized soup, I had a pint of Crown and Coke Zero. And then another.

I genuinely wonder whether whatever AC saves in food expenses they forfeit in alcohol expenses.
Wait another half hour and you get the crapass risotto!
Old Oct 12, 2017, 12:38 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by 100,000miler
MLL food is greatly improved esp in the international lounges ... THANK YOU AC.
Been to YVR International? That will change your opinion.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 12:42 am

Programs: IHG Gold

Few days ago some kid about 11 years old was rooting around mightily in the cookie jar..had to practically put his whole arm in there to reach the few cookies at the bottom. Since he was not an adult, I can't blame him , but I could glower at the parents had I seen them.

PS-there seem an inordinate number of people who don't seem to realize what the tongs beside the pizza slices are for. They can't even wait to get back to their seat as they try to wolf down whatever slice they have grabbed as if it is some kind of hot dog eating challenge.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:25 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by mapleg
there seem an inordinate number of people who don't seem to realize what the tongs beside the pizza slices are for.
There seems to be an ongoing theme in the lounge threads here (and elsewhere) around the use of tongs. Add it to to the list of annoying behaviour in lounges I guess, although this one has health implications.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.