Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YYZ luggage

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2014, 7:41 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
maybe things are looking up. I have had to wait (when travelling with SO) up to 50 minutes for priority bags (YVR), 45 minutes (customs side of YYC, but more typically 20 minutes) so I try to avoid checking bags. A fellow traveller in same cabin from YVR-YYC yesterday got her bags in under 5 minutes (priority tagged) which I thought was astounding.

5 Minutes is fantastic and should be the standard.

In China my bags used to quite often arrive before I did at the baggage carousel. I don't expect that but these recent improvements in delivery time at YYZ and YYC give me hope!
Old Dec 10, 2014, 7:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
I check bags on 80% of my flights the curse of flying with samples. AC has always had very slow baggage service at yyz.

United USED to have super fast service however since they contracted a new baggage company about 9 month ago their service sucks these days. SO not a lot of options.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 11:45 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jerryhung
That's the typical Asian service and EVA shows it

Heck, at BR check-in in T1 last night (post 13), there were about 3-4 ground staff at the beginning of the queue lines/separation just to handle the paxs arriving to check-in and divert them into correct lines

Usually for AC you get 1 for Y, 1 for Priority line
Sorry everyone for bringing up an old thread, but I didn't feel it was necessary to start a new one.

@jerryhung - absolutely. I noticed that last night as well.

I cleared immigration with my NEXUS. Staring at my phone right now to text messages to Mrs. SAP. Cleared customs at 9:34pm. Got luggage at 9:42pm. I sent a <3 you txt to her at 9:26pm which is around the time I landed? I'm not too sure. But all in all, 9:26pm to 9:42pm - a total of 16 minutes.

Yeah. I really hope what Ben said about YYZ luggage for AC improving. I could have died, reincarnated, and grown past the age of puberty, acne and all, before I got my luggage if I was flying AC. I'm not usually an AC hater but AC + YYZ + bags. I want to, as Maradori puts it. //slit wrist.

I'm on a BR withdrawal again <Le Sigh>
Old Aug 20, 2015, 12:00 am
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
Remarkable hit and miss with +45 minutes late evening in Montreal, and routinely at YVR at carousel before I arrive, albeit long walk from Domestic Gate 44.

Was zero checked bag for many years using hotel laundry, but flights then were mostly within NA.

But with advancing age and back strain, I check bag most flights now (with avg stage length @ 3,000 miles) so dragging bags through security and into cabin too tiring.

What is useful though is when airline - airports display at carousel the expected time of baggage delivery. Can then plan bit about next steps.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 6:16 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.1.2576 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

I transit YYZ ex-US/EU a couple times a year. I usually only wait 10 minutes post immigration (with Nexus) for my bags
Old Aug 20, 2015, 11:25 am

YYZ Baggage Still a Joke

Arrived from FRA on 08/08 10 minutes early, 1:25 cnx to domestic flight. 30 minute wait for gate which was open the entire time. First half can of bags (or loose ones) arrived within 15 minutes, very few priority then nothing for 15-20 minutes. My priority bag was 40 minutes after deplaning. Needless to say missed cnx. Transfer station new about missed connects (they said 70 from that flight), no reception by concierge. Total incompetence by AC and GTAA.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
25 min +

YWG-YYZ last week.
My aunt gave me a bottle of booze for some baking my wife wants to do so I made the deadly error of checking.
Lets just say all future recipes will be booze free.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 9:02 pm

Programs: NEXUS GE, TSA-Pre, AC E50K
last 2 times arrived in YYZ from LGA - I have nexus and was flying biz. Bags were at carosel before I got there.....just once i had to wait about 6 long-minutes but still made it to the UP

YVR-YYZ...fairly quick but not as fast as LGA...but that makes sense to me due to the amount of people on the A320/787/777's vs E90s.

YVR luggage times are much slower in comparison from my recent experience. We're talking like 20-30 minutes.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 9:14 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
So to sum it up then...

Consistently inconsistent. I wonder why I bother somedays with AC.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:44 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
YYZ is often the reason I don't check luggage. I have never had time with my old company where I have gone "can I ship this, because I don't want to wait in YYZ"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.