Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Does Where You Live Impact Your Opinion of AC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2014, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan

Opinions of AC appear to vary with geographical location. I am usually able to tell where a poster is located without looking at the side-bar. WPG posters seem to be very positive about AC. Many defend them almost "no matter what". YUL posters are not always "kind" while YYC ones tend to see commercial merit to "enhancements". The most critical posters are those who live outside Canada. Is it possible that the level of service offered by AC changes across locations hence the differences. Would a person formerly resident in WPG become more critical if h/she resettled in YUL or YYZ? Is it a mind set with strong socio-political-economic bias?
Old Oct 12, 2014, 4:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Lllahim
Opinions of AC appear to vary with geographical location. I am usually able to tell where a poster is located without looking at the side-bar. WPG posters seem to be very positive about AC. Many defend them almost "no matter what". YUL posters are not always "kind" while YYC ones tend to see commercial merit to "enhancements". The most critical posters are those who live outside Canada. Is it possible that the level of service offered by AC changes across locations hence the differences. Would a person formerly resident in WPG become more critical if h/she resettled in YUL or YYZ? Is it a mind set with strong socio-political-economic bias?

Fantastic post.
Demographics/psychographics and of course geographics absolutely affect perception and expectations.

I do think that some of the non-Canadian-based AC FFs feel like they are on the other side of the moat and not always able to access the services, participate in certain promos, or even purchase flight passes.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 4:49 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
If they would just get priority security, a MLL, and a concierge at YYJ I would be exceedingly pleased with AC. For now I'm just pleased with AC.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 4:51 pm

Programs: *$ Green
In Quebec, people think AC should be renamed Air Quebec Libre.

So yes. lol
Old Oct 12, 2014, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Funny how the opinion of AC improves as you decrease the number of available choices at one's home airport

Paging our resident no choice Sudbury resident
Old Oct 12, 2014, 6:28 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Another interesting observation is that those who flies Eewnited yet post here have pretty poor opinion of AC -- especially so for those who switched away from AP to M+
Old Oct 12, 2014, 6:35 pm

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer

So yes. lol
Ah, bon.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by maradori
Another interesting observation is that those who flies Eewnited yet post here have pretty poor opinion of AC -- especially so for those who switched away from AP to M+
Switched? I've been tangerine for 15 years.

What does AP have to do with anything? I am first to defend AP from the naysayers that it has lost all value.

I still have to fly AC sometimes, based on where I live, doesnt mean its in any way an enjoyable experience. Who flies just one airline with stupid blind loyalty????

Just happy to be able to have choice, and explore the world (of 90+ carriers in last 7 years) outside of AC, and that experience has made me realize how mediocre AC is (right there with UA and AA)
Old Oct 12, 2014, 7:38 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
If they would just get priority security, a MLL, and a concierge at YYJ I would be exceedingly pleased with AC. For now I'm just pleased with AC.
Last few times I passed through YYJ, they were still building out the new security area in the terminal. I thought when complete, it was going to get a dedicated Nexus line. Not sure if AC Elite would quality as well for that.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 8:23 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K

So yes. lol
This may have been funny in 1978 but pretty lame nowadays...
Old Oct 12, 2014, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Old Oct 12, 2014, 8:32 pm
jbb

Programs: SQ *Gold
As I think we've seen from numerous threads here, I would suspect that being from YEG would correlate with negative views of AC.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 9:24 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by jbb
As I think we've seen from numerous threads here, I would suspect that being from YEG would correlate with negative views of AC.
Others might call it intelligence

I liked AC a lot more when they gave me more "free" stuff . I've never personally been an AC elite, though my brother has, and he's switched over to the likes of CX and TK and prefers them to AC. Ironically, he lives in a Canadian city which gets most of its service from AC and barely has any transborder/intl. service
Old Oct 12, 2014, 9:29 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
This may have been funny in 1978 but pretty lame nowadays...
If you are aware of what is going in with the PQ inn the last 12 months, you'd realize that this thing is starting to emerge again...
Old Oct 12, 2014, 9:41 pm

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
If you are aware of what is going in with the PQ inn the last 12 months, you'd realize that this thing is starting to emerge again...
Ah, bon ?

What is this "thing" you refer to ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.