Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 13, 2022, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
For those intending to post in this thread...
To help provide up-to-date context, if you are posting about your wait time(s), please include the following information (in the example) to the best of your ability:

Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
Here's a good sample point, for once

Date and Time of Call-In: January 25, 2024, 14:35 Eastern
Elite Status Input: E75K
Department: Award/Errorplan
Hold Time: 4 Mins
Call Centre: Montreal

Comments: 15 Minutes to change a Priority Reward booking (Unflown), Beta Site wouldn't process changes.

As of July 2022, AC has established a special line for those dealing with delayed or cancelled flights: 1.888.440.5641

Please use this number only for problems on the day of travel.

Print Wikipost

Long Call Centre Wait Times

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2022, 12:07 am

Trying to find Aeroplan call center hours but can't seem to locate it, I may just be blind though... Anyone care to share?
Old Aug 31, 2022, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by pentiumvi
Trying to find Aeroplan call center hours but can't seem to locate it, I may just be blind though... Anyone care to share?
I think it's always 7 am-midnight ET
usually when you call in outside of those hours it'd tell you the hours too
Old Sep 1, 2022, 9:00 am

Programs: LH Sen
Mrs Msat was on hold for approx. 2 hours last night (i.e. 21h30 to 23h30-ish) until she got through to AP agent
Old Sep 1, 2022, 12:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Hopefully the new online stopover functionality will reduce some of the Aeroplan call volume.
msat and vancouver25k like this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 2:31 pm

Programs: SE 100K
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Hopefully the new online stopover functionality will reduce some of the Aeroplan call volume.
Possibly. Hopefully. Still have to call for anything with > 4 segments or anything slightly more complex...
canadiancow likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 2:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CanadianMike
Possibly. Hopefully. Still have to call for anything with > 4 segments or anything slightly more complex...
Or to change anything, or when the website says "you must call to cancel this booking", or...

I know. But it's at least a step in the right direction of adding self serve functionality, the lack of which results in 95+% of my calls.
CanadianMike likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 9:31 am

Programs: Table scraps from Aeroplan and AmEx Plat
Is anyone else getting a busy signal calling Aeroplan today? Got disconnected a couple of times after nearly an hour on hold yesterday, and then busy in the evening, until now.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 6:31 am

Programs: Aeroplan, M&M
Called Aeroplan right when they open 7am. Got answered after 3hours 24mins later. No status, nobody

Last edited by mashlakito; Oct 15, 2022 at 8:34 am Reason: updated time
Old Oct 15, 2022, 7:37 pm

Called Aeroplan this week to change an existing flight, around 11:30~midnight ET, got answered after 10~20 mins? took 5 minutes to change too, nice surprise
canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 7:10 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
Long hold time

Long, long hold time. Super Elite, called too make a change on a Latitude Flight Pass flight that had been upgraded so I was told I had to call in. About 10 min to connect, agent told me to hold a few minutes while change was done. After 1 1/2 hours on hold with no comments or working on it etc I hung up. Fortunately I was able cancel my flight on the app rebook and reupgrade on flightpass app in about 3 minutes.
previous time with same situation I couldn't do in the app and agent had to call helpdesk and it took 30 min. On that call they came back on the line with apologies and updates every now and again.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 7:48 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Called the concierge line twice last Wed for a flight issue (agent had messed up return on ticket change) within 24 hrs. Two tries to the Concierge line on hold for 15 mins each and gave up. Decided to call the SE line and got thru after 23 mins. 20 mins to get the ticket fixed.
Emailed the generic concierge email, got a response the next day after the issue was fixed.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 12:41 pm

I called Air Canada for a new reservation and was less than 5 minutes on hold as a 75k. Great agent, even if she wasn't able to solve my problem the way that I would have liked - i.e. about $4k cheaper . Pretty sure it wasn't her fault, but she gave it a good try, I think!
Old Oct 17, 2022, 3:56 pm

android's "hold for me" feature seems to not be available since aeroplan "enhanced" their phone system. used to work perfectly before. is it just me or has anyone else noticed this?

edit to update: it's working again.

Last edited by rambling man; Nov 27, 2022 at 4:28 pm Reason: update
Old Nov 27, 2022, 2:49 pm

Tried to call few times in the morning but seems to be cut off right at the 10 minutes mark. I guess their new system doesn't allow you to hold for more than 10 minutes anymore?
Old Nov 27, 2022, 3:30 pm

Programs: Tap Miles & go Silver/ Aeroplan 25K
I was on hold for 45 mins on Friday, ended up hanging up, canceling my booking online and rebooking a new one ( luckily it worked)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.