Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 13, 2022, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
For those intending to post in this thread...
To help provide up-to-date context, if you are posting about your wait time(s), please include the following information (in the example) to the best of your ability:

Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
Here's a good sample point, for once

Date and Time of Call-In: January 25, 2024, 14:35 Eastern
Elite Status Input: E75K
Department: Award/Errorplan
Hold Time: 4 Mins
Call Centre: Montreal

Comments: 15 Minutes to change a Priority Reward booking (Unflown), Beta Site wouldn't process changes.

As of July 2022, AC has established a special line for those dealing with delayed or cancelled flights: 1.888.440.5641

Please use this number only for problems on the day of travel.

Print Wikipost

Long Call Centre Wait Times

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2023, 7:59 pm

Aeroplan Phone Tree

Does anyone know how to navigate the phone tree so that it actually puts you on hold? Keeps telling me to call back later because the waitlist is so long.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 8:00 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: House MD, How I Met Your Mother...
Call earlier in the day or get status so you can use the priority numbers?
Old Feb 21, 2023, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by mistytalon
Call earlier in the day or get status so you can use the priority numbers?
no, really? why didn't I think of those options

obviously I'm asking about a way around it
Old Feb 21, 2023, 8:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
One little trick will save you hours on the phone! Airlines hate it!

I'm not saying you won't be able to "trick the system" into getting you on hold, but:
1. What would be the point of it at all if there were a trick to bypass it?
2. Some people have reported doing certain things to get put on hold, but I'm not convinced it wasn't just a fluke and at that point the queue was just under the threshold.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 8:24 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE, Marriott Platinum
In the AC app I show a priority SE number for Air Canada and Concierge - where is the priority one for Aeroplan?
Old Feb 21, 2023, 8:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Erome
In the AC app I show a priority SE number for Air Canada and Concierge - where is the priority one for Aeroplan?
You enter your Aeroplan number and PIN, it thanks you for being a loyal Super Elite, then sends you straight to an agent.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
One little trick will save you hours on the phone! Airlines hate it!

I'm not saying you won't be able to "trick the system" into getting you on hold, but:
1. What would be the point of it at all if there were a trick to bypass it?
2. Some people have reported doing certain things to get put on hold, but I'm not convinced it wasn't just a fluke and at that point the queue was just under the threshold.
I was able to consistently "trick" the system previously but it seems like they changed the phone tree yet again so hoping someone has found a new way to trick it

It is insane that such a big company hasn't found a better way to manage existing/make new bookings online or even the mere ability to be put on a waitlist.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 8:34 pm

Air Canada, it will give you option to choose Air Canada, central baggage and aeroplan
Old Feb 21, 2023, 8:41 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
It's so pathetic. Here is a screenshot from my bank

Old Feb 21, 2023, 9:55 pm

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, GHA Titanium, HH Gold, Centara Platinum
Originally Posted by flyerjc23
I was able to consistently "trick" the system previously but it seems like they changed the phone tree yet again so hoping someone has found a new way to trick it

It is insane that such a big company hasn't found a better way to manage existing/make new bookings online or even the mere ability to be put on a waitlist.
Have you tried not inputting any AP number? I've called a decent number of times in the 2 weeks (the last being yesterday) and was not put on hold or offered a callback when I inputted my AP #. The opposite was true if I just held off on typing in my AP # and let the machine say its small paragraph then it either offers a callback or puts me in line for an agent. Average wait times on hold or waiting for a call back has been around 1-1.5 hours. Ranging from the afternoon through to late evening. This has worked for others as well, though I'm sure it would be faster if you could indeed get through to hold with your AP # inputted for status.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
You enter your Aeroplan number and PIN, it thanks you for being a loyal Super Elite, then sends you straight to an agent.
Or in my case it says "Thank you for being a lowly 35K member" and then sends me straight into a dumpster fire.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 4:39 pm

Programs: no status
Spent all day today calling in and waiting for call back. No way to connect it seems. What is a good time to get someone on the phone?
Old Feb 27, 2023, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Holy......I am never complaining about US based carriers again. Aeroplan/AC wins. I'm going to pay $450 to cancel my three tickets in a booking on Austrian and then pay another $350 or so to re-book directly with them. I'm crying uncle. How do you Canadians put up with this?
rankourabu and Speedbird84 like this.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by gold23
Holy......I am never complaining about US based carriers again. Aeroplan/AC wins. I'm going to pay $450 to cancel my three tickets in a booking on Austrian and then pay another $350 or so to re-book directly with them. I'm crying uncle. How do you Canadians put up with this?
Something something monopoly.....something something f*ck customers.
Speedbird84 likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 9:14 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by najama2
Something something monopoly.....something something f*ck customers.
Yeah....I love most things north of our border better than here, but not this lol.

On the flip side, called around 8am this morning. Put on hold for about 75 minutes, then an agent spent ten wonderful minutes getting done what needed to be done. She was funny, competent, and efficient. I'm used to UA agents (even on the 1K line) being consistently the opposite, so at least the end result was acceptable even though it took WAY too long to get there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.