Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan Awards done on-line - how to change seat selection?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan Awards done on-line - how to change seat selection?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2019, 8:36 pm

Programs: AC E50K (MM) FB (Platinum)
Thanks all for the advice. So I actually phoned in about 10 PM EDT and reached an agent immediately who made the changes I wanted. She made no comment on the "glitch". So problem solved this time, but as others say it will a real pain to have to do this for each AP booking. And Ms SWMBO Stanbury is very particular about her seats!
Old Oct 16, 2019, 10:50 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
“Due to unusually low call volumes we occasionally answer the phone right away.”

Glad it worked out.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 5:44 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Send a DM on Twitter with your seat request and the AC PNR. I do this for all my Lifemiles AC bookings which don't work even with the ACO tool.
Twitter is the best for these things. I booked two Aeroplan tickets in the past week and I both cases I was getting error messages when trying to select my seats on AC.com. The website was also trying to charge me for preferred seats.

I resolved this with a quick DM to the AC Twitter team with the PNR number and seats I wanted. They replied back within minutes that the changes I requested had been made. Very efficient. ^
Old Oct 17, 2019, 6:03 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Sopwith
I have found that with an Aeroplan booking it will slam dunk you into the back row.

I find the opposite - I think they always auto-assign 1A, and I have to call to get it changed to my preferred
non-bulkhead aisle.
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.