Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

eCoupon usage question - Air Canada/Express/Rouge only?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2018, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC; Fairmont Plat; Accor Plat; SPG Plat, BA Gold; A3*G; AB Gold;

Hi all,

Quick question about using AC eCoupons - does anyone have any experience with booking on AC.com involving codeshares, and using an eCoupon? I’m looking to book YYZ-LIS in business, but want to go via LHR for the lie flats. The LHR-LIS segment is on TAP with an AC codeshare flight number. Will my eCoupon work?

Asking because AC is offering me a $1500 eCoupon in lieu of EU compensation for a delayed flight. Trying to decide which is more effective for my upcoming travel plans.

Cheers,
J
Old Aug 5, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
You should check how much is the YQ on that segment you want to buy. I might be wrong but I think the ecoupon doesn't cover everything
Old Aug 5, 2018, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC; Fairmont Plat; Accor Plat; SPG Plat, BA Gold; A3*G; AB Gold;
Thanks - good thinking, but because it’s a P fare - I think I’m OK on this one
Old Aug 5, 2018, 4:57 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
It should cover it. The % off codes have definitely worked on bookings with codeshares on LH and other European carriers.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 6:04 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
You should check how much is the YQ on that segment you want to buy. I might be wrong but I think the ecoupon doesn't cover everything
eCoupons are just gift cards with an expiry date essentially. They work like a form of payment, not a discount of the price. So it can be used to pay for any ticket.

Travel vouchers are different (They are MCOs).
Old Aug 5, 2018, 6:46 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by D582
eCoupons are just gift cards with an expiry date essentially. They work like a form of payment, not a discount of the price. So it can be used to pay for any ticket.

This.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 6:59 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by D582

Thanks for pointing that out. Had no idea.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 12:25 pm

Programs: AC SE
Can eCoupons be used in combination with a promotionnal code?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 12:30 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by jasdou
Can eCoupons be used in combination with a promotionnal code?
Yes. It’s just a form of payment.
jasdou likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 6:14 pm

Anyone know if eCoupons can be used to pay for E-Upgrade copays, and does this need to be done by phone or online?
Old Dec 30, 2018, 4:50 pm

Bump... still wondering if an e voucher I have can be used to pay E-Upgrade co-pay...
Old Dec 30, 2018, 5:22 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by s_yvr
Bump... still wondering if an e voucher I have can be used to pay E-Upgrade co-pay...
No. Only credit cards can be used.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...eupgrades.html
Old Dec 30, 2018, 8:31 pm

Programs: Air Canada 50K - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Platinum
ya got a 802GBP Travel voucher back in September for a voluntary bump and its only able to be used on the base fare and not fee's and counts as one of the 2 forms of payment so you can't also use a gift card if it doesn't fully pay for the ticket. that can only work on AC codeshare flights not even all the partner airline flights sold on the AC website. i booked a trip for February on the phone and ended up having to go through FRA instead of MUC to before my final destination as the MUC to Destination was not a code share flight but the one from FRA was
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisA330

No. Only credit cards can be used.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...eupgrades.html
Thanks
Old Feb 19, 2019, 7:06 am

Programs: Altitude SEMM
Can an eCoupon be used on an itinerary that includes a flight (non-codeshare) by another airline? I am trying to book something, but get an error message along the lines "There is a problem with your flights."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.