Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upcoming AP Distinction Flights

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2014, 9:11 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
Originally Posted by newbie elite
If you are the type of person that validates yourself via status levels, Distinction is right up your alley. For others, it is completely worthless.
Just like those commercials they have been airing.

On the topic of ad's there is the ESSO double miles where dad tells the son they can now travel as they have enough miles. Hey kid, reality check, dad is booking for next year! You are going nowhere soon!!!
Old Apr 22, 2014, 11:08 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Yes, son, that 30 points we just earned at ESSO is going to take us all the way to Australia.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 11:18 am

I'd say that Distinction status has been imposed in my case. Unfortunately, I don't care about status. Especially not about useless status. I don't think I will ever fly on the Distinctive charters full of Distinguished members. But never say never.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 1:44 pm

Has anyone here actually taken one of the distinction flights and how full (or not) were the flights?
Old Apr 23, 2014, 3:13 pm

More Tuesday July distinction flights!

July 8-15 YYZ-YVR
July 22-29 YYZ-YYC

Vancouver I get, Calgary though? Apart from the East coasters and oilmen why else would one go there? Don't mean to offend but it's not exactly a holiday destination.

We need a distinction flight to SYD or LHR, but I'm not holding my breath.....
Old Apr 23, 2014, 3:21 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Originally Posted by mikeycanuk

Vancouver I get, Calgary though? Apart from the East coasters and oilmen why else would one go there? Don't mean to offend but it's not exactly a holiday destination.

Banff, Jasper are the best National parks in Canada which all close to Calgary.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 3:22 pm
CT1

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Plat, Aeroplan dDiamond

July 8-15 YYZ-YVR
July 22-29 YYZ-YYC

What an ignorant post.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 3:40 pm

Programs: TK*S, SPG Gold
Just received an e-mail referring to a YOW-YVR distinction flight June 26 - July 1
Old Apr 23, 2014, 3:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: S100KMM,SPG Platinum,Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by jcamp028
Just received an e-mail referring to a YOW-YVR distinction flight June 26 - July 1

Got one earlier today for Distinction flights YUL-YVR June 24th to July 1st.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 5:33 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE

July 8-15 YYZ-YVR
July 22-29 YYZ-YYC

You're kidding, right? I usually fly to YYC from Toronto about twice per year just for vacation. I try to hit Banff and Lake Louise in both winter and summer each year.

I don't see myself using the distinction flights, but you never know. I could see wanting to take a big family and friends trip out to the Rockies, and who knows, maybe with one of these flights, you could actually get eight or so J seats on the same flight. They say the whole plane is reserved for reward redemption, but I don't know if there's a limit to the number of seats one member is allowed to book. Other than that, I don't see much use for them, since you don't have any flexibility on the dates.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 7:20 pm
CT1

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Plat, Aeroplan dDiamond
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
You're kidding, right? I usually fly to YYC from Toronto about twice per year just for vacation. I try to hit Banff and Lake Louise in both winter and summer each year.

I don't see myself using the distinction flights, but you never know. I could see wanting to take a big family and friends trip out to the Rockies, and who knows, maybe with one of these flights, you could actually get eight or so J seats on the same flight. They say the whole plane is reserved for reward redemption, but I don't know if there's a limit to the number of seats one member is allowed to book. Other than that, I don't see much use for them, since you don't have any flexibility on the dates.
Like I said, an ignorant post
Old Apr 24, 2014, 8:13 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
I finally found the website that lists the current distinction flights. I didn't know that it existed, and assumed we only got info through emails.

http://www3.aeroplan.com/distinction...entLanguage=en

The fact that there is no limit on seats is nice, despite the restricted date.

A buddy of mine was excited about how he had dDiamond (credit card spend)... I think he was confusing it with SE..
Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:08 pm

Are distinction flights combinable with other AC or A* flight? Can I do something like that:

YVR-YUL AC distinction flight
connecting to:
YUL-ZRH LX

It would be nice if I could, but something tells me it's no go...
Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:33 pm

Does everybody here get emails announcing distinction flights? I never got any email from AP about these flights.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 3:51 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, National Emerald Elite
Upcoming AP Distinction Flights

Got an email about YYC to YYZ today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.