Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upcoming AP Distinction Flights

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2014, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Upcoming AP Distinction Flights

as per http://www3.aeroplan.com/distinction_distinctionflights:
DISTINCTION FLIGHTS
As a Distinction member, you have access to exclusive flights from major Canadian cities to some of our most popular destinations - during peak periods. On these flights, 100% of the seats will be reserved solely for Distinction members and offered at the ClassicFlight Reward mileage level.

Be on the lookout for our next Distinction Flights to popular destinations. The next flights will be offered during the week of January 13, 2014.* For Distinction members only.
Note that this is limited to Distinction Silver, Distinction Black, and Distinction Diamond members only!

Any rumours as to what routes the first Distinction Flights will serve? Hopefully something more than YUL-YYZ or YYC-YEG.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 1:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Are they actually reserving something for Distinction members? Or would a United member be able to book the same flights through MP?
Old Jan 6, 2014, 1:49 pm

Programs: Non-status bottomfeeder
Originally Posted by GJS - yow
Any rumours as to what routes the first Distinction Flights will serve? Hopefully something more than YUL-YYZ or YYC-YEG.
90% chance they will be YYZ/YUL-Mexico/central America/Caribbean
10% chance they will be YYZ/YUL-Some european holiday gateway.

All on Rouge aircraft
Old Jan 6, 2014, 2:24 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
I think last year they had a couple of flights to MCO, I would expect the same again.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Are they actually reserving something for Distinction members? Or would a United member be able to book the same flights through MP?
This is supposed to be exclusive to Distinction members. These would effectively be charter flights (not necessarily even on Air Canada aircraft - can you imagine!).
Old Jan 6, 2014, 3:18 pm

It will be on WestJet. Just part of the ongoing pre-divorce, folks. Nothing to watch here.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 3:25 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
They reserve the entire flight for Distinction members...they did something similar last year I think during the March break to Florida (albeit without the distinction program
You would not be able to book it any other way
Old Jan 6, 2014, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
AE offered these to everybody in past years. Basically "charters", i.e. all AE award customers, to warm destinations like FLL or MCO. Nothing very special. Nothing really new.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 10:02 pm

Details online. MCO direct from YXE, YOW, YUL are attractive to me & my family. Cost in points is same as a SE100K gets anytime anyways, but probably very attractive to everyone else, given how useless AP points are without SE status to use them.

My question, however, is what aircraft these flights will use. Anyone know? By "charter" presumably we're not talking SunWing or Transat metal, right? Is this a Rouge config? A standard A320?
Old Jan 13, 2014, 10:44 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by FreddyBe
My question, however, is what aircraft these flights will use. Anyone know? By "charter" presumably we're not talking SunWing or Transat metal, right? Is this a Rouge config? A standard A320?
This will be using the special Rough Rogue aircrafts that are standing only. Passengers will be strapped down with a "Y" seat belt from shoulder to a crotch buckle, to a backplate.

AC/AE shareholders are overjoyed on this announcement, and are pushing for many more of these into the AC fleet.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 10:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by yscleo
This will be using the special Rough Rogue aircrafts that are standing only. Passengers will be strapped down with a "Y" seat belt from shoulder to a crotch buckle, to a backplate.

AC/AE shareholders are overjoyed on this announcement, and are pushing for many more of these into the AC fleet.
Sounds like a less invasive, albeit more painful, vasectomy.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 12:42 am

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)
I received an e-mail this morning. YYC to LAX is the Distinction flight.

Dates: March 24-28

Economy: 25,000
Business: 50,000

So, these would be charters, obviously?
Old Jan 14, 2014, 12:57 am

Here is the LAX schedule from YYC & YVR.
Looks like a different a/c in both directions. Must be chartered from the mainline and fit in where schedules permit.

CALGARY–LOS ANGELES

Flight

Date

FROM

Departure
Time

TO

Arrival
Time

March 24, 2014

Calgary Int'l

12:25 p.m.

Los Angeles Int'l

2:27 p.m.

March 28, 2014

Los Angeles Int'l

10:25 a.m.

Calgary Int'l

2:35 p.m.

VANCOUVER–LOS ANGELES

Flight

Date

FROM

Departure
Time

TO

Arrival
Time

March 24, 2014

Vancouver Int'l

7:00 p.m.

Los Angeles Int'l

9:49 p.m.

March 28, 2014

Los Angeles Int'l

6:20 p.m.

Vancouver Int'l

9:10 p.m.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 5:18 am

Programs: E35
Toronto to Orlando is coming up now too.

7002 March 12, 2014 Toronto Pearson 7:00 a.m. Orlando Int'l 10:00 a.m.
7003 March 19, 2014 Orlando Int'l 6:50 p.m. Toronto Pearson 9:43 p.m.

Economy class: 25,000 miles Business class: 50,000 miles

no mention of Airline.

edit to add, these flights are Wednesday to Wednesday?? So it doesn't actually line up with spring break (at least for our board)
Old Jan 14, 2014, 5:53 am

Programs: 100K
YVR-LAX was added...all seem to have business class so this seems to preclude Rouge aircraft.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.