Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

new benefits for Aeroplan Distinction members at Fairmont hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new benefits for Aeroplan Distinction members at Fairmont hotels

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2014, 6:22 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
You contact Fairmont. I just fire off a quick e-mail to [email protected] after my stay to directly contact the people that look into it.
Where did you get this e-mail address? I don't believe it is correct.

canadiancow, can you post the results of your escalation via AP?
Old Feb 15, 2014, 6:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Antonio8069

Sure, they told me to email [email protected]

I'm waiting for another response.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 7:07 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Antonio8069

A number of years ago when I had to call Fairmont to ask about miles not being credited, Fairmont e-mailed me back from this address after their investigation. From that point on, I just e-mailed them at that address whenever I've had other problems with miles not being credited.

As canadiancow has said above, it's [email protected], not [email protected]. Sorry for the typo! It's usually a very helpful lady named Peggy who gets back to you.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 7:20 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
feedback from Fairmont

Thanks, canadiancow, for alerting me to this omission!

I escalated this (to Peggy!) using the corrected e-mail address (!) & here is her reply for the record:

I have investigated why your miles did not award automatically after you checked out of the hotel and found that the hotel did not flag your airline membership. We apologize for this inconvenience. I have credited the miles to your membership account for your Jan 2-5 stay and they will be submitted to the airlines this week. Please allow 4-6 weeks for this to be reflected on your account.

I'll be checking closely after my next DD stay in SJC!
Old Feb 18, 2014, 5:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
A number of years ago when I had to call Fairmont to ask about miles not being credited, Fairmont e-mailed me back from this address after their investigation. From that point on, I just e-mailed them at that address whenever I've had other problems with miles not being credited.

As canadiancow has said above, it's [email protected], not [email protected]. Sorry for the typo! It's usually a very helpful lady named Peggy who gets back to you.
Quite a few rates, arbitrarily in my opinion, do not qualify. Hence I have avoided Fairmont on most but free certificate stays.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 11:46 am

Hi canadiancow,

My apologies, and thank you for your additional information. I have determined that this promotion was not correctly setup and have taken steps to correct this.

I have credited the miles to your membership account for your Jan 18-19 stay and they will be submitted to the airlines this week. Please allow 4-6 weeks for this to be reflected on your account.

We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us at Fairmont.

Warmest regards,
Peggy
I guess these codes will work now
Old Mar 1, 2014, 9:27 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Just looking at AAA/Senior's rate for bottom end Lake Louse is $249 but Aeroplan distinction code makes it $349 so you are paying $100 for upgrade, breakfast for two and $25 hotel credit.

I think I will just book concierge level at regular AAA rate for $349, get lounge/breakfast access so I don't need $25 hotel credit and get more of an upgrade that way without waiting to find out at check in (or I can go stay at the Post!)

As I said earlier, not much of a deal.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 11:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Is this even worth using?

I'm looking at one night in Calgary.

No promotion code: $179.00
Distinction dDiamond promo code: $179.00, but with a complimentary breakfast, $25 credit, and room upgrade, if available
Employer promo code: $152.15
Booking through Chase Ultimate Rewards: $147.53 USD (plus bonus UR points)

Is the room upgrade worth it? I could probably get a comparable breakfast for $10 elsewhere, and I doubt I'd use the $25 credit.

Or is it possible to book through Chase, and then call and add the Distinction promo code?
I have had mine stacked with a discount code trough the call center and even applied the suite upgrade.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Allvest
I have had mine stacked with a discount code trough the call center and even applied the suite upgrade.
YOU CAN STACK IT???

brb getting on the phone.

Edit: They said I absolutely could not stack the codes
Old Mar 1, 2014, 1:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by canadiancow
YOU CAN STACK IT???

brb getting on the phone.

Edit: They said I absolutely could not stack the codes
lol... someone did for me or applied a discount, left the rate, applied the distinction code on that, and then upgraded to a suite. I thought it was a good deal. It was a "special Platinum PC discount code" apparently
Old Mar 16, 2014, 12:21 am

So I arrived Fairmont Palliser in Calgary. I asked about my complimentary room upgrade. "Sorry, nope."

Fine. I went to my room (still a good room). I saw no welcome amenity. I called down. "Oh...hmmm...yes, you your promotion code does include this. Would you like me to send one up?" "Yes."

That was 30 minutes ago. I want to, to quote Morgan Freeman, go the f*** to sleep.

No I'm sitting here waiting for my fruit and water. Oh well, at least this nonsense gives me time to rant about it on FT. Although if there were no nonsense, I wouldn't need time to rant...
Old Feb 5, 2015, 6:17 pm

Programs: AirCanada SE
I have used the ddiamond code twice this year, once at the Fairmont Sonoma, then once at the Princess Scottsdale. No upgrade on check in at either hotel, (was in the Mission Suite at the Sonoma hoping to get bumped to 1 bd or Jack London suite, booked regular suite at the Princess) - no welcome amenity at either hotel?. Sonoma the hotel was EMPTY and it was during the week in January so not sure why there was no upgrade free. They do give you $75 a day for breakfast (they have really built this into the room rate though), but BEWARE this does NOT include the tax, tip or alcohol. Also got a $25 credit (one) after 3 nights at the Faimont Sonoma, not sure if this had to do with the promo code. Better deal just booking prepay in advance if you aren't having breakfast.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by Krissy16t
I have used the ddiamond code twice this year, once at the Fairmont Sonoma, then once at the Princess Scottsdale. No upgrade on check in at either hotel, (was in the Mission Suite at the Sonoma hoping to get bumped to 1 bd or Jack London suite, booked regular suite at the Princess) - no welcome amenity at either hotel?. Sonoma the hotel was EMPTY and it was during the week in January so not sure why there was no upgrade free. They do give you $75 a day for breakfast (they have really built this into the room rate though), but BEWARE this does NOT include the tax, tip or alcohol. Also got a $25 credit (one) after 3 nights at the Faimont Sonoma, not sure if this had to do with the promo code. Better deal just booking prepay in advance if you aren't having breakfast.
1. The first time I used the code was a last minute booking (IRROPS so Chase was footing the bill, so I figured no point using my corporate discount code). At check-in I was told the welcome amenity required 24 hours notice. The second time I used the code was several weeks notice, but no amenity. I called the front-desk, and they had one sent up within 10 minutes.

2. I never received an upgrade, but on the first booking, I booked their best suite. On the second, I don't recall if I asked.

3. It's "complimentary breakfast", for whatever that means (I can't recall if I made use of it either time).

4. It's a $25 credit per stay. But I had to remind the agent at check-out, as it wasn't automatically applied.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: AC Elite, *Alliance Gold, Marriott Elite Silver
I am aeroplan diamond, so am supposed to get free room upgrade, $25 credit and welcome amenity.

Without the code ($215) :-

With the code ($269) :-

Should it be same price with or without the code? I don't get it.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by miltonguy
I am aeroplan diamond, so am supposed to get free room upgrade, $25 credit and welcome amenity.

Without the code ($215) :-

With the code ($269) :-

Should it be same price with or without the code? I don't get it.
The rate with the AE code should be equal to the "Daily Rate" (i.e. the flexible rate), not the "Fairmont Moments" promo rate or any other discounted / advance purchase rate. So the website is indeed correct.

Btw, what property is this for?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.