Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Selects Boeing 737 MAX to Renew Mainline Narrowbody Fleet

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 19, 2017, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 24left
Jan 18 2021 TC issues Airworthiness Directive for the 737 MAX
Link to post https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32976892-post4096.html

Cabin photos

Post 976 https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29534462-post976.html
Post 1300 https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29780203-post1300.html

Cabin Layout

Interior Specs can be found here https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/onboard/fleet.html

- Window seats may feel narrower to come as the armrests are placed "into" the "curvature" of the cabin.
- Seats with no windows feel even more narrower as there is no space created by the curvature of window.
- All bulkhead seats have very limited legroom.
- Seats 15A, 16A, 16F, 17A and 17F have limited windows.
- Exit rows 19 and 20 have more legroom than regular preferred seats.

Routes

The 737 MAX is designated to replace the A320-series. Based on announcements and schedule updates, the following specific routes will be operated by the 737 MAX in future:

YYZ-LAX (periodic flights)
YYZ-SNN (new route)
YUL-DUB (new route)
YYZ/YUL-KEF (replacing Rouge A319)
YYT-LHR (replacing Mainline A319)
YHZ-LHR (replacing Mainline B767)
Hawaii Routes YVR/YYC (replacing Rouge B767)
Many domestic trunk routes (YYZ, YVR, YUL, YYC) now operated by 7M8, replacing A320 family
Print Wikipost

Air Canada Selects Boeing 737 MAX to Renew Mainline Narrowbody Fleet

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2019, 6:16 pm

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/boeing...ning-1.5139466

Boeing says it has finished with its updates to the flight-control software implicated in two deadly crashes involving its 737 Max, moving a step closer to getting the plane back in the sky.

Aviation regulators still have more questions about how pilots interact with the plane's controls under different circumstances, and Boeing says it is providing that information.

The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration, foreign regulators and airlines are reviewing Boeing's plans for additional pilot training, the company said Thursday.

The next major step is a certification flight with FAA representatives. That flight has not yet been scheduled.

Old May 16, 2019, 6:37 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
The impression I get from that article is that we are now in the home stretch. I personally don't think that's the case. Might just be my interpretation of the article though
Old May 16, 2019, 6:40 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Solving the problem is 80% of the problem.

Getting it certified by the FAA is another 80% of the problem.

Getting it certified by Europe is another 80% of the problem.
TPJ and canopus27 like this.
Old May 16, 2019, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kjnangre
The impression I get from that article is that we are now in the home stretch. I personally don't think that's the case. Might just be my interpretation of the article though
The impression I get is that the Boeing spin doctors are hard at work trying to convince us that we are now in the home stretch.
Old May 16, 2019, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger
The impression I get is that the Boeing spin doctors are hard at work trying to convince us that we are now in the home stretch.
Well sure. But Boeing doesn't own CBC. This is supposed to be a news article presenting all the information, not a Boeing press release.
Old May 16, 2019, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kjnangre
Well sure. But Boeing doesn't own CBC. This is supposed to be a news article presenting all the information, not a Boeing press release.
Alas, that's often how it works these days, and the CBC may not be the worst offender.
Old May 19, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Yesterday I did the Boeing tour here at Paine Field. The biggest question from folks in the tour was when will the MAX fly gain. The tour guide said they are done, software fix completed, just waiting for FAA approval.

Although the MAX is assembled down the road at Renton, they have a few MAX ready for delivery parked here due to the lack of space down there. Very cool seeing so many 787/777 from all airlines all in one spot.
Stayed at the Garden Inn next to the Tour so I can watch aircraft movements all night long! Yup super Nerd here!
Old May 22, 2019, 1:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/lawyers-...ings-1.4432284

Lawyers propose class action lawsuit against Air Canada for customers affected by 737 MAX groundings
Old May 22, 2019, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by tcook052
https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/lawyers-...ings-1.4432284

Lawyers propose class action lawsuit against Air Canada for customers affected by 737 MAX groundings
Stupid lawyers
YUL, pitz, Sopwith and 4 others like this.
Old May 22, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
On what grounds? What does "affected" mean?

I booked AC 739 operated by a 789 and as a result of cancelling a 7M8 flight on the same route, my flight had a higher load, and fewer upgrades. Am I affected?
Old May 22, 2019, 9:11 pm

Programs: HH Silver
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/busi...37-max-review/

Canadian officials to join FAA meeting on Boeing 737 Max review
Old May 22, 2019, 10:28 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by RangerNS
Solving the problem is 80% of the problem.

Getting it certified by the FAA is another 80% of the problem.

Getting it certified by Europe is another 80% of the problem.
That's a big problem.
Old May 23, 2019, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FAA: it it takes a year...
Bloomberg (5/22) reports that Elwell said that the FAA will leave “no stone unturned” as the agency’s technical staff examine The Boeing Company’s proposed fix for the jets. Elwell told reporters, “If it takes a year to find everything we need to give us the confidence to lift the order, then so be it.” Elwell added, “If there is a crisis in confidence, we hope this will help to show the world that the world still talks together about aviation safety issues.” The meeting Thursday will involve 57 delegates from 31 countries, as well as the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) and the United Nations International Civil Aviation Organization.
EASA: to approve *all* design changes, perform its own review...
Business Insider (5/22) reports that the EASA has listed three “pre-requisite conditions” for Boeing before the agency will end its grounding of the 737 MAX. The EASA said that before it will end the grounding of the jet, it must approve all of Boeing’s design changes for the 737 MAX, perform its own design review of the plane, and ensure that all pilots operating the aircraft “have been adequately trained.”
Meanwhile,

[QUOTE]

Analysts Calculate $1.4B 737 MAX Reimbursements Exposure Aviation Week (5/22) reports that The Boeing Company’s “reimbursements to airlines for 737 MAX-related service disruptions will approach $1.4 billion assuming the grounded fleet is back in service by October, Bloomberg analysts calculate.”
tcook052 likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 4:34 pm

This return to service strategy is going really well.

I expect passengers to just FLOCK to get back on this plane.

Boeing says some of its 737 Max planes may have defective parts

"The faulty parts could fail prematurely or crack. The FAA said a part failure would not bring down a plane, it could damage an aircraft while in flight."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/02/busin...ies/index.html

"Mommy, what's that thing falling off the wing? Is it important?"
Old Jun 2, 2019, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
This return to service strategy is going really well.

I expect passengers to just FLOCK to get back on this plane.

Boeing says some of its 737 Max planes may have defective parts

"The faulty parts could fail prematurely or crack. The FAA said a part failure would not bring down a plane, it could damage an aircraft while in flight."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/02/busin...ies/index.html

"Mommy, what's that thing falling off the wing? Is it important?"
I assume you're being facetious, but it's a very small number of planes affected and they'll be inspected before they fly again, so no one is going to see things falling off the wing. This kind of thing isn't really unusual, this only made the news because it involves the Max. Otherwise it wouldn't be noteworthy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.