Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Play the Star Alliance Gold Game for a chance to win or give Gold Status as a gift

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Play the Star Alliance Gold Game for a chance to win or give Gold Status as a gift

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2013, 9:22 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by tinchote
I could't move the tiles with Safari in my iPad.
To move the tiles tap the empty square and then tap what you want to move there - rather than sliding....

I did we'll on the questions....failed miserably on the suitcase (although I did finally get it).

How in the world can you get a 10s score???
Old Nov 4, 2013, 9:24 pm

Programs: US Gold, Avis First, AMEX Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
whats up with US Air missing from the list?
Old Nov 4, 2013, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by miffSC
To move the tiles tap the empty square and then tap what you want to move there - rather than sliding....

I did we'll on the questions....failed miserably on the suitcase (although I did finally get it).

How in the world can you get a 10s score???
well...for one...the questions don't really vary. And the suitcase is the same every time.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by BThumme
6 seconds.
also, no choice for US airways.
Now I need to get a faster time!
Now at 7, aiming 6...

I suppose the fastest time is 1 second per answer (even if 0 is displayed).

edit : Now at 5.

Last edited by plsavaria; Nov 5, 2013 at 9:25 am
Old Nov 5, 2013, 9:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
FYI:

a. The two Entrants with the quickest Playing Time for each Selected Frequent Flyer Programme in the Competition Period will be amongst Prize winners. There are two Star Alliance Gold Status Prizes (as defined below in Section 8) for one year to be won on 18 Frequent Flyer Programmes of selected member airlines within the Star Alliance Network (each an "FFP"). Each registered participant will compete against all other participants registered for the same Selected FFP. In total there will be 36 Star Alliance Gold Status Prizes to be won; each entrant can only win one Star Alliance Gold Status Prize.

b. The two Entrants per Selected FFP category with the quickest Playing Times will be awarded a Prize. In the event that there are more than two Entrants with the quickest Playing Time in the Selected FFP category, the two winners of these Entrants with the same quickest Playing Time will be picked at random.
So your chances actually increase by choosing a more obscure FFP.

Also, I foresee lots of people getting whatever the minimum possible score is (if it's 1 second per question, then 5 seconds). I think that (b) clause is going to be used quite a bit
Old Nov 5, 2013, 9:40 am

Now I wonder if the minimum is 1 second per question.
In my 5 seconds attempt, I had 3 seconds displayed for the luggage.
Maybe it's doable to get below 5?
Old Nov 5, 2013, 9:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by plsavaria
They could be tracking it in mill/micro/nano seconds and only displaying whole seconds.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 12:42 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by BThumme
well...for one...the questions don't really vary. And the suitcase is the same every time.
Are you using a different email each time you play? Or do you get another play each time you tweet/share it?
Old Nov 5, 2013, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by miffSC
Are you using a different email each time you play? Or do you get another play each time you tweet/share it?
I only tried it twice, (4 times, 2 per each). Since you are only allowed one entry per person I did another one for my brother. It appears there is only 2 different questions (per question). - You can either only be asked one of two questions for the first question (FF card), and then only one of two dress ups, etc. Luggage same everytime.

I seem to lose most of my time on the last question, the picking the destination. Do you only click the destination? The first time it said London, and I kept kicking London and not realizing what it wanted.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 3:44 pm

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
I'm pretty sure you can get sub-second times, so less than 5 seconds should be possible.

In fact, I know you can, because I have done it. A few times. The problem is that expletiving suitcase. And, once, the LX uniform.

EDIT: Although it does count those sub-seconds. Stupid suitcase....
EDIT2: So I have a theory that the minimum time you can get is 2.5s so.... let's call it 3? And unlike my tablet theory, this one may stand a chance of not being wrong.

Last edited by DJ Bitterbarn; Nov 5, 2013 at 4:26 pm
Old Nov 5, 2013, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by plsavaria
I answered one question before the clock turned to one sec.
As for the suitcase, I think the easiest thing to do is accept the time penalty and move on.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 11:42 pm

Programs: AC-SE Hhonors-G IHG-P
i was able to get 6 seconds once, and 7 secs a few times. I guess they removed US airways as they are expecting the merger to get thru?
Old Nov 6, 2013, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by tracon
As for the suitcase, I think the easiest thing to do is accept the time penalty and move on.
I'm going to reply, because a friend of mine is known for his.... serious approach to game theory and a popular quote of his works in this situation.

"Yes, you could do that... unless you want to win".

I don't mean this to be sarcastic or snarky or anything, because you're getting sub-second times on questions so you could realistically bring your time down to "contending". And FWIW, I've come to think that any time > 5s isn't at all likely to win.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 5:17 am

Programs: A3 *G; AC
Originally Posted by DJ Bitterbarn
I'm going to reply, because a friend of mine is known for his.... serious approach to game theory and a popular quote of his works in this situation.

"Yes, you could do that... unless you want to win".

I don't mean this to be sarcastic or snarky or anything, because you're getting sub-second times on questions so you could realistically bring your time down to "contending". And FWIW, I've come to think that any time > 5s isn't at all likely to win.
So that means I am out of it with my 6 min 34 sec time! That darn suitcase!
Old Nov 6, 2013, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by hastuk
That darn suitcase!
I know, right! That and the video that keeps making me forget I'm supposed to be ready for it to finish and I keep having that brief moment of "woah, I have to be doing something here!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.