Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Play the Star Alliance Gold Game for a chance to win or give Gold Status as a gift

Play the Star Alliance Gold Game for a chance to win or give Gold Status as a gift

Old Nov 3, 13, 11:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan, Canada & Manufactured Spending
Original Poster

http://www3.aeroplan.com/promotions/...6_StarAlliance

The Star Alliance Gold Game gives you the opportunity to turn your international travel knowledge into the ultimate travel experience.

The game will feature several quick-fire rounds with each question linked to a Gold Status benefit. The player who answers the questions correctly in the quickest time will win Gold Status on their selected Frequent Flyer Program.

If you’re already a Gold Status holder you can give your prize away as a gift!

If you would like to see how one gold benefit leads to another, take a look at
the list below:

Priority Airport Check-in
Airport Lounge Access
Priority Boarding
Extra Baggage Allowance
Priority Baggage Handling
Priority Reservation Waitlisting
Priority Airport Standby

For your chance to win 1 of 36 Star Alliance Gold Status prizes simply, click here to start to play!
Old Nov 4, 13, 12:31 am

Programs: Currently is: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA/Marriott/IHG Plat, Hilton Gold # Used to be: AC Super Elite
48s FML got tricked by ... of all things, a ______ frequent flyer card (never even knew they were part of star alliance)
Old Nov 4, 13, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K, Accor Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by maradori View Post
48s FML got tricked by ... of all things, a ______ frequent flyer card (never even knew they were part of star alliance)
I failed pretty hard

They change it up every time too. First time, I had a United card. Second time was EgyptAir.

I would have liked a head start on Gold on United, but I'll stick with my AC status for now .
Old Nov 4, 13, 12:45 am

Programs: Non-status bottomfeeder
17s

Reading the T&C, you may be better off picking a less popular program instead of Aeroplan as your prize choice.
Old Nov 4, 13, 1:14 am
alc

I selected LH for my wfe and AP for myself, both got 9s. My wife still have 1 more chance if I open a social media account. What I need to improve on is the luggage one, that one keep use up all my time.
Old Nov 4, 13, 2:00 am

Programs: AC SE100K
16 sec
Old Nov 4, 13, 4:45 am

Programs: AC Altitude E75K (*G), NEXUS
The suitcase killed me.
Old Nov 4, 13, 4:46 am

Programs: AC SE100K
Originally Posted by flyquiet View Post
The suitcase killed me.
yeah i couldn't figure out how to move the tiles the first time. got better on the 2nd round.
Old Nov 4, 13, 5:19 am

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by padregusmao View Post
yeah i couldn't figure out how to move the tiles the first time. got better on the 2nd round.
I have this suspicion that the suitcase would work better on a tablet. Just due to how you have to make these sweeping gestures to get it to move.

EDIT: Never mind. Tried it last night on the nexus and it wasn't even possible to get them to move.

OTOH, I did get it down to 10s eventually.

Last edited by DJ Bitterbarn; Nov 5, 13 at 7:39 am
Old Nov 4, 13, 5:50 am

Programs: A3 *G; AC
The suitcase killed me as well. And a few other fails along the way. I was called an Infrequent Flyer. I guess I should be insulted. Plus I fly Swiss regularly and didn't recognize the FA outfit. How do others do it more than once? I was invited to share on FB or Twitter but I don't do either. Oh well.
Old Nov 4, 13, 6:45 am

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
Ditto for me as well. That suitcase is a killer. Will try on a tablet once I get home.
Old Nov 4, 13, 7:46 am

Programs: AC*E35 and decreasing
Originally Posted by DJ Bitterbarn View Post
I have this suspicion that the suitcase would work better on a tablet. Just due to how you have to make these sweeping gestures to get it to move.
I could't move the tiles with Safari in my iPad.
Old Nov 4, 13, 8:43 am

Programs: AC Altitude E75K (*G), NEXUS
I was using the touchpad on macbook air, but my problem was I'm not good at that type of game! I was also tricked by the FA uniform on my first try (all three airlines I have never flown), but the other 3 were quick.
Old Nov 4, 13, 8:55 am

Programs: AP*SE SPG-PLAT
completed in 50s. the suitcase didnt respond well on my iMac. It called me a frequent flyer
Old Nov 4, 13, 2:57 pm

Programs: AC Irrelevant, IHG Platinum, Marriot Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis First
Got it down to 10 secs after a few attempts, suitcase question was 5 secs alone, and with help from a couple of repeat questions.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: