Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

CIBC Aventura VISA Promo - 30K Sign-Up Bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CIBC Aventura VISA Promo - 30K Sign-Up Bonus

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2013, 5:30 pm
alc
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yycworldtraveler
Item 23 is from the terms valid until December 31. If you look at the 2014 terms you will not find any reference to converting your points to AE.

ADD: My link is from the Aventura website for existing cardholders. If you look at the terms & conditions on the main CIBC website pushing the new Aventura Card and 30K bonus, there is no mention of option to convert to Aeroplan at all which would seem to confirm the info given to me by customer service earlier today.
Okay, I see what happened. I did a search and didn't realized both before and after are listed on the same web page. So, it look like I will shutdown my Aventura sooner than I planned. Thx for pointing this out.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 6:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by BMGfan
I'm loving the new 30k signups we're seeing!
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Its not that good. Earlier this year one got 15 000 points and 1st year fee free and now its 30 000 points but the fee is $120 right away. so now its 18 000 vs 15 000 before if one subtracts the 12 000 points for the fee cost.
That's at 1 cent per mile, but we know that CIBC purchases AE points at about 75 cents per mile.

I think its a wash for CIBC.. but at least with the 30,000 points, you can transfer all miles immediately into the AE account.. whereas with the 15,000 points, you would have to accumulate another 5,000 points before transferring the next 10,000 point increment. Aventura requires transfer to AE be conducted in 10,000 point blocks.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
That's at 1 cent per mile, but we know that CIBC purchases AE points at about 75 cents per mile.

I think its a wash for CIBC.. but at least with the 30,000 points, you can transfer all miles immediately into the AE account.. whereas with the 15,000 points, you would have to accumulate another 5,000 points before transferring the next 10,000 point increment. Aventura requires transfer to AE be conducted in 10,000 point blocks.
Is it not .75 cents per mile? and is this the same Aventura program that allows transfers?
Old Oct 1, 2013, 7:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Is it not .75 cents per mile? and is this the same Aventura program that allows transfers?
You are correct, its 0.75 cents per mile approximately CIBC/TD shall pay AE after December 31, 2013. I assume that all Aventura has the ability to transfer in 10,000 point increments..

Edit: After reviewing T&C's I don't see that this particular Aventura program allows for AE transfers.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 7:12 pm
alc
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro

As mentioned on the other thread by another FlyerTalk member, it seems Aventura points will not be able to transfer to Aeroplan starting Jan 1, 2014. So for those that are going for this 30K sign-up, you need to make sure all 30K posted on your account by end of this year
Old Oct 1, 2013, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by alc
As mentioned on the other thread by another FlyerTalk member, it seems Aventura points will not be able to transfer to Aeroplan starting Jan 1, 2014. So for those that are going for this 30K sign-up, you need to make sure all 30K posted on your account by end of this year
How is that gonna help?
Old Oct 1, 2013, 8:05 pm
alc
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alc
How is that gonna help?
Actually, you prompt me to read the T&C again. and now I am wondering for any new Aventura CC holder as of today (Oct 1), will they be able to convert the points to Aeroplan before Dec 31?
Old Oct 1, 2013, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by alc
Yep. I wish there would be a fee waived link though
Old Oct 1, 2013, 8:19 pm

I have lots of wishes myself......Banks do not have to wish, they just make money regardless of programs ......
Old Oct 1, 2013, 8:42 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by alc
Actually, you prompt me to read the T&C again. and now I am wondering for any new Aventura CC holder as of today (Oct 1), will they be able to convert the points to Aeroplan before Dec 31?
Very good point. The promo and the T&C, never mention Aeroplan, or any ability to transfer to Aeroplan at all.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 9:16 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Ok, so no more av transfer to aeropeso in 2014. Those who have av need to decide whether to get out by end of year, or staying with the av points which don't seem to be worth much.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by jerry305
Very good point. The promo and the T&C, never mention Aeroplan, or any ability to transfer to Aeroplan at all.
Better check with them because what I read means no more AE transfers at all for new sign ups. The question is really more about whether or not you will dump all your Aventura by the end of the year.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by yycworldtraveler
You can not. I was told by customer service today that all CIBC Aventura Cards issued from today forward, can not convert to AE...and existing cardholders move to the new terms and conditions (i.e. no transfers to AE) effective January 1, 2014.

New Aventura Terms and Conditions... https://www.cibc.com/ca/credit-cards/aventuraterms.html
aw lame
Old Oct 2, 2013, 1:08 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Silver, Aeroplan 25K, DVC
My question is whether we'll see another transfer bonus before the end of the year. I signed up for both the Aventura MC and VISA during the first year no annual fee promotion earlier this year and have 20K points with each account. I will convert to Aeroplan prior to the first of the year, but I was really hoping for a conversion bonus.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 6:22 am
alc
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Great White North
My question is whether we'll see another transfer bonus before the end of the year. I signed up for both the Aventura MC and VISA during the first year no annual fee promotion earlier this year and have 20K points with each account. I will convert to Aeroplan prior to the first of the year, but I was really hoping for a conversion bonus.
Usually there is one around Oct/Nov. Let's hope one be available as I also have 20K to transfer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.