Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

More classes move from flex to tango

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

More classes move from flex to tango

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2013, 4:51 pm
alc

I admit that I didn't read every single post on this thread (yet)... so maybe someone already made the same comment... but does anyone else actually think AC made a wrong move on the timing on this new fare rearrangment?

I mean, they did it on the same day where everyone (who care about) is waiting for the info on the EYW info, so many have "hold-off" on booking any flights for the last week or so... i.e. lost revenue to them...

then before they provide the detail badge info on EYW, they annouce this first... which piss a lot of people, as we can see, along with the new rules with special badges on EYW, anyone that have choice and were "thinking" if they should book AC, will most likely book elsewhere... i.e. lost revenue to them again...

and anyone that do all the detail calculation on whether to go for EYW or not will now need to re-calulate and realized, they can only book in Tango (as Flex is now really too experience for MR).. so lost 50% of AQM for those non CDN flights.. that calculation would end up "don't go for EYW".. so another lost revenue to them again...

MR for status... Q4 being the busiest time for MR.. but for those who were still thinking doing MR to get the status might now (finally) decided "forget about it".. so lost revenue again and again

So, my conclusion is only that AC will lost revenue... period... I think if AC mgmt really having someone monitor FlyerTalk should report this to the AC mgmt to fire that maketing lead to choose the timing of releasing the info. They can still go ahead with this move, it is a business afterall, but the timing is still very bad on their end.. and they just let all of those, like myselef, who were undecided to just keep those money in our pocket.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 5:07 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Amazing that I get "Shock and awed" by web saver emails by AC on a weekly basis but then they sneak this one in there with a tiny hyperlink on their main page.

+1 for the not impressed.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 5:32 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by alc
I admit that I didn't read every single post on this thread (yet)... so maybe someone already made the same comment... but does anyone else actually think AC made a wrong move on the timing on this new fare rearrangment?

I mean, they did it on the same day where everyone (who care about) is waiting for the info on the EYW info, so many have "hold-off" on booking any flights for the last week or so... i.e. lost revenue to them...

then before they provide the detail badge info on EYW, they annouce this first... which piss a lot of people, as we can see, along with the new rules with special badges on EYW, anyone that have choice and were "thinking" if they should book AC, will most likely book elsewhere... i.e. lost revenue to them again...

and anyone that do all the detail calculation on whether to go for EYW or not will now need to re-calulate and realized, they can only book in Tango (as Flex is now really too experience for MR).. so lost 50% of AQM for those non CDN flights.. that calculation would end up "don't go for EYW".. so another lost revenue to them again...

MR for status... Q4 being the busiest time for MR.. but for those who were still thinking doing MR to get the status might now (finally) decided "forget about it".. so lost revenue again and again

So, my conclusion is only that AC will lost revenue... period... I think if AC mgmt really having someone monitor FlyerTalk should report this to the AC mgmt to fire that maketing lead to choose the timing of releasing the info. They can still go ahead with this move, it is a business afterall, but the timing is still very bad on their end.. and they just let all of those, like myselef, who were undecided to just keep those money in our pocket.
I have no idea what you are talking about.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 6:07 pm
alc

Originally Posted by Dorian
I have no idea what you are talking about.
I think that is what happened when you do not proof read your post, especially you are typing and walking at downtown busy street at the same time.

All I was trying to say is the timing AC releasing their info cost them loosing a lot of potential revenue... they make a lot of people that were either delay in booking (due to EYW promo) or still thinking just not book with AC.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 6:15 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Gold, UA MP
Looks like these new fare changes affect FTers flying from Canada than those who're based elsewhere and have more flight options and still credit to AC/AE.

Agree with others that with FLEX charging a hefty fee to eUp in 2014 maybe better to go for LMU or gun for Z fare if it's not much higher than FLEX. Or a lot of *A to make it to SE avoid the fee.

I'm planning to burn up all my Aeropesos next year then switch to UA after. Hoping to make SE next year to avoid the fees before transitioning to UA
Old Sep 24, 2013, 6:34 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by alc
I think that is what happened when you do not proof read your post, especially you are typing and walking at downtown busy street at the same time.

All I was trying to say is the timing AC releasing their info cost them loosing a lot of potential revenue... they make a lot of people that were either delay in booking (due to EYW promo) or still thinking just not book with AC.
Customers that try to game the Earn your Wings promotion or do mileage runs for status are exactly the type of frequent flyer that AC is trying to eliminate.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by yvr76
Customers that try to game the Earn your Wings promotion or do mileage runs for status are exactly the type of frequent flyer that AC is trying to eliminate.
I agree with you about the MR folks, but not necessarily about the EYW promo. The T&C are fairly restrictive in that you need to both book and fly within a 2 months period. It is clear that AC is not interested in rewarding those who´d be flying anyway, but instead is trying to generate incremental revenue, convince people to choose AC over another airline and take additional trips they wouldn´t necessarily need to take. They´re actually encouraging people to play the game - they just dot want people to win.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mostly flight pass purchases,and have paid dearly for flights ex YSB for years.
Not much changes for me.

Last edited by acysb87; Sep 25, 2013 at 3:40 am Reason: added a period (.)
Old Sep 24, 2013, 6:46 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I agree with you about the MR folks, but not necessarily about the EYW promo. The T&C are fairly restrictive in that you need to both book and fly within a 2 months period. It is clear that AC is not interested in rewarding those who´d be flying anyway, but instead is trying to generate incremental revenue, convince people to choose AC over another airline and take additional trips they wouldn´t necessarily need to take. They´re actually encouraging people to play the game - they just dot want people to win.
Depends which EYW promo you're referring to. The first one anyone that placed in the top 25 with a bit of planning paid < 0.5 cents/mile. The Amazing Race edition is extreme on the other end, and with the rules most people won't go out of their way for even a couple badges.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 7:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
With the reception that the recent enhancements by LH and AC have received here on FT. BA is going to need a bigger fleet of A380's than they envisioned.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
I need to go to VCE end of October returning from Germany in early December:
1. YYZ-VCE (Rogue) Premium Economy now $50 cheaper than Flex - who in their right mind would buy Flex?
2. Germany to Canada Flex is now $450 each way more expensive than Tango. Yesterday it was ~$250. A few months ago it was under $100. They've done to Europe what they did to Asia.

With these moves maybe 20J seats will be too many on the 787's and they'll be able to pull the second J cabin seats out of the 777's and 330's and replace them with PE and Y.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With this latest enhancement, the International Flex pass to Europe is starting to look relatively more attractive at $699 per segment. Problem is that it books in to V class which is now the lowest category of Flex, so if you don't book well ahead, there is a sustantial chance that V will be zeroed out.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by acysb87
Mostly flight pass purchases,and have paid dearly for flights ex YSB for years.
Not much changes for me
Exactly as you predicted margarita girl
Old Sep 24, 2013, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by acysb87
Not much changes for me
Your treks to MUC just got more expensive unless you buy international passes.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 7:45 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Originally Posted by gtpdiddy
Looks like these new fare changes affect FTers flying from Canada than those who're based elsewhere and have more flight options and still credit to AC/AE.

Agree with others that with FLEX charging a hefty fee to eUp in 2014 maybe better to go for LMU or gun for Z fare if it's not much higher than FLEX. Or a lot of *A to make it to SE avoid the fee.

I'm planning to burn up all my Aeropesos next year then switch to UA after. Hoping to make SE next year to avoid the fees before transitioning to UA
For canadians, we stuck with AC for majority of business travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.