Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

More classes move from flex to tango

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2013, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
This is awesome.

Where are all the AC loyalists now that used to say, but hey, Flex is only $50-$100 more than Tango in most markets
Old Sep 24, 2013, 8:59 am
Suspended

I'm still stuck on the fact that Flex fares are not flexible fares. I can't get past that one. All the devaluations will just spin away from here completely beyond my comprehension.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 9:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
And to think in one of the "Should I switch to UA MP?" threads, just yesterday, I was debating why AC may be a better choice. Sigh.

That being said, none of the fares I've flown on so far this year are affected. The closest I had was a domestic L.

This is Altitude Qualifying Dollars, without being quite that obvious.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 9:15 am

Programs: AC E, *A G, Starwood Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, Porter Points
Originally Posted by tyberius
I'm still stuck on the fact that Flex fares are not flexible fares. I can't get past that one. All the devaluations will just spin away from here completely beyond my comprehension.

flex.-./fleks/
Verb:
1. Bend (a limb or joint)
2. (of a limb or joint) Become bent

I think they got it right
Old Sep 24, 2013, 9:23 am

It may be a coincidence, but yesterday I had several domestic segments confirm waitlisted upgrade requests 4-6 days out that I would normally expect to clear at the gate. I suppose they may have done some manual processing of upgrades for itineraries that would have been affected.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by luchoqc
They lower their price for the mass market leisure/cheap traveler,
This is untrue for Florida destinations. I just checked prices for travel in January 2014, the Rouge Flex fare is more expensive than same time last year on AC main with the opportunity to play aerolotto.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 9:53 am
Original Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Hilarious. I have an S fare to IST for next Feb. I will be celebrating all the way to IST as I kiss AC goodbye forever!

Impact on eUpgrade eligibility
If you’re an Air Canada Altitude member and you or your eUpgrade Nominee(s) have made a booking before September 24, 2013 in a booking class that is moving from Flex to Tango, your reservation will automatically be rebooked into a Flex booking class and will remain eligible for eUpgrades.

Learn more about Air Canada eUpgrades.

Impact on mileage accumulation
If you’re an Aeroplan member (including Air Canada Altitude members) and you made a booking before September 24, 2013 in a booking class that is moving from Flex to Tango, you’ll automatically continue to earn 100% Altitude Qualifying Miles for your flight.

Learn more about mileage accumulation on Air Canada flights.
Any time Air Canada uses the word "automatically" you should be very afraid.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 9:54 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
What I don't get with these idiots is why they don't give us a small insignificant benefit while taking away, so at least we don't feel as ripped off. Some ideas, free same day change on the "new flex"; a $10 meal voucher in economy for "new flex"; free 48 hour cancellation from time of booking for "new flex", you know, small benefits that won't really cost them anything, that way we don't feel as ripped off. Stupid a-holes!
Old Sep 24, 2013, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Still waiting for those 3-4 posters to come and tell us how awesome these changes are, and how it won't affect them (and their spouse). Must not have logged on yet.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 10:03 am
Original Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Originally Posted by rankourabu
This is awesome.

Where are all the AC loyalists now that used to say, but hey, Flex is only $50-$100 more than Tango in most markets
More importantly where is that small cadre of SEs crowing about what a great improvement this is and how "it sucks to be you" to everyone else?
Old Sep 24, 2013, 10:05 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by yulhammeryyz
Originally Posted by tyberius

flex.-./fleks/
Verb:
1. Bend (a limb or joint)
2. (of a limb or joint) Become bent

I think they got it right
It's not often a business will tell its customers to "get bent."
Old Sep 24, 2013, 10:33 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Still waiting for those 3-4 posters to come and tell us how awesome these changes are, and how it won't affect them (and their spouse). Must not have logged on yet.
I'll be first. This doesn't have a terrific impact on myself and my office group, only for well planned leisure travel that doesn't use LAT FP's.

That being said, you could have titled this thread "How to push loyal AC customers even further to other carriers".

I'm really getting sick of this crap and will no doubt be flying competing int'l carriers in place of AC this year, in paid J, which shouldn't be happening.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 10:34 am
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
I've already switched my travel to oneworld and BA in particular. Will be Silver by the end of Oct. Case in point: Need to travel to Berlin in Feb. AC is quoting $1550 in flex, with no guarantee of an upgrade. BA is quoting $1620 in PE, with upgrades to J confirmed on ticketing for 29,000 Avios.

Thanks for making it a no-brainer AC!
Old Sep 24, 2013, 10:42 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Sigh; it's getting harder and harder to avoid tango.

For those of you trying to remember which letters to avoid ... WESTPLANK is the best acronym I've found (that's missing the G, but it catches all the other classes).

Or you could just go fly with WestJet instead ...
Old Sep 24, 2013, 10:45 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
What I do not understand is why they do not align the fare codes for all destinations.
Why do they have WSTL as Flex domestic/USA, but Tango SUN/internationally?

Do they really need 8 international Tango fare classes? And 9 domestic Flex fare classes? They should use the same fare codes across the board. I can imagine
the confusion for those on domestic connections to international.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.