Wiki Posts
Search

Bathroom Etiquette

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2013, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Bathroom Etiquette

On a recent trip, a FA came banging at the toilet door because I was taking too long. She could have had legitimate reason/concern for her action but one of them could not be because someone was waiting. The J cabin with 3 toilets was practically empty. I was there for a long time because the facility was filthy. The floor was wet, pieces of toilet paper stuck all over the floor. The sink orifice was practically blocked with wet paper. The toilet bowl was only partially flushed. The trash bin had a fat roll of paper towel stuck in the mouth. I always clean and dry the room after use as a courtesy to the next passenger and for basic hygiene. Any suggestions as to what could be done to promote good toilet etiquette among the travelling public? FA cannot get in there after every use to dry out the place. One urgent suggestion - Airlines should leave a toilet brush in the room.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 9:41 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
I love what ANA does. Their FAs clean the washrooms ^
Old Sep 23, 2013, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by maradori
Then bring your food....
Old Sep 23, 2013, 9:47 pm
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Originally Posted by tracon
Then bring your food....
They wear gloves.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
i love what ana does. Their fas clean the washrooms ^
after every use
Old Sep 23, 2013, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Lllahim
On a recent trip, a FA came banging at the toilet door because I was taking too long. She could have had legitimate reason/concern for her action but one of them could not be because someone was waiting. The J cabin with 3 toilets was practically empty. I was there for a long time because the facility was filthy. The floor was wet, pieces of toilet paper stuck all over the floor. The sink orifice was practically blocked with wet paper. The toilet bowl was only partially flushed. The trash bin had a fat roll of paper towel stuck in the mouth. I always clean and dry the room after use as a courtesy to the next passenger and for basic hygiene. Any suggestions as to what could be done to promote good toilet etiquette among the travelling public? FA cannot get in there after every use to dry out the place. One urgent suggestion - Airlines should leave a toilet brush in the room.
I know what you mean. You try to be fast but at the same time the conditions make it difficult to be efficient in such a small space. Once in awhile I may take longer than usual but I have never had an FA knock on the door. There was one time a pax knocked on the door but I was about to exit anyway.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 5:36 am

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Originally Posted by Lllahim
So did you engage in a conversation with the FA? Curious to know why they were banging on the door and their reaction to being told the loo is worse than an outhouse. If they actually said, "you were taking too long," I'd have been pretty upset. I would have asked for the timekeeper's official count and a copy of the rulebook.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by j_the_p
So did you engage in a conversation with the FA? Curious to know why they were banging on the door

Maybe the FA thought the OP was Tedgrrrr?
Old Sep 24, 2013, 7:00 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
I have had a FA mention on exiting, I was just about to knock to see if you were OK, more about concern for the pax... but maybe that was on another airline
Old Sep 24, 2013, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
And so does SQ's, they are not only there for passenger safety and security but to also ensure that passengers are not inconvenienced in any way, such as an untidy loo. But oh no, don't you dare ask the AC crew to do that, that is not their JOB!!!
Old Sep 24, 2013, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by j_the_p
So did you engage in a conversation with the FA? Curious to know why they were banging on the door and their reaction to being told the loo is worse than an outhouse. If they actually said, "you were taking too long," I'd have been pretty upset. I would have asked for the timekeeper's official count and a copy of the rulebook.
^^^
Old Sep 24, 2013, 9:03 am

This sounds like a typical flyertalk story where we get a strange one-sided account that doesn't make much sense and then later it turns out there's much more to the story.

Let me see if I got this straight. You went into the lavatory to find it a mess. There were three other ones that were free but you chose instead to spend your time cleaning the one you were in. You spent so much time cleaning it that the FA was wondering what you were up to. And to top it off your final complaint was that the janitorial equipment was insufficient.

There are couple odd details in the story too. Where did a roll of paper towel come from? The paper in the airplane lavatories come from a dispenser where they're folded, not rolled. And what would you hope to accomplish with a toilet brush on a waterless aviation toilet?
Old Sep 24, 2013, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe the OP. I was once in the loo on an AC flight, and first a pax knocked, then the FA. I opened the door while sitting on the bowl while doing my business. When she got a whiff of it she ran away, literally.

This is not a joke, I had the runs and did not have a choice.

Last edited by djjaguar64; Sep 24, 2013 at 11:00 am
Old Sep 24, 2013, 12:14 pm

Programs: AC SE; SPG Plat, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by onebagtraveller
Maybe the FA thought the OP was Tedgrrrr?
Or she wanted to do a headcount?
Old Sep 24, 2013, 12:34 pm

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I believe the OP. I was once in the loo on an AC flight, and first a pax knocked, then the FA. I opened the door while sitting on the bowl while doing my business. When she got a whiff of it she ran away, literally.

This is not a joke, I had the runs and did not have a choice.
LMFAO & spit my Diet Pepsi out my nose Dj64!^ ....... to the point I almost "sharted" .

FT is what I do to pass some afternoons by after lunch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.