FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bathroom Etiquette
View Single Post
Old Sep 23, 2013, 10:29 pm
yyznomad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Lllahim
On a recent trip, a FA came banging at the toilet door because I was taking too long. She could have had legitimate reason/concern for her action but one of them could not be because someone was waiting. The J cabin with 3 toilets was practically empty. I was there for a long time because the facility was filthy. The floor was wet, pieces of toilet paper stuck all over the floor. The sink orifice was practically blocked with wet paper. The toilet bowl was only partially flushed. The trash bin had a fat roll of paper towel stuck in the mouth. I always clean and dry the room after use as a courtesy to the next passenger and for basic hygiene. Any suggestions as to what could be done to promote good toilet etiquette among the travelling public? FA cannot get in there after every use to dry out the place. One urgent suggestion - Airlines should leave a toilet brush in the room.
I know what you mean. You try to be fast but at the same time the conditions make it difficult to be efficient in such a small space. Once in awhile I may take longer than usual but I have never had an FA knock on the door. There was one time a pax knocked on the door but I was about to exit anyway.