Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

A funny thing happend to me on the way to the party!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2002, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

I find during my travels that many of my seatmates have funny or horrifying stories of their flights. It may be interesting to see some of them posted here.

Last November I was on a SFO to AUS flight through DEN. I was lucky enough to be in First with an aisle set. Just before push back I met my seat mate, a 35ish lady with a 1yr old baby girl, she promptly advised me that her and her husband (I think she referred to him as her domestic partner California, what can I say!!) were not sitting together, he was in coach and she was operationally upgraded to first. What happened next floored me! She asked me if I would switch with her husband so he could sit in first and help her with the baby. I advised her that wasnt in the cards and she should check with her hubbies seat mate to see if a switch could be made there as I was sure someone from coach would give up their seat for one in first, she promptly advised me I was rude!.

Hold on it gets better! 20 minutes into the 2 hour flight, she asks me if I would watch the baby as she needed to use the restroom, I reluctantly agreed, but soon wished I hadnt. She got out of her seat and headed to the back of the airplane (this should have sent red flags up for me, as there is a restroom in the front of the airplane for first). 5 minutes turned into 10, 10 turned into 15 minutes and 15 started to go to 20 minutes without the return of mom! I asked the FA to watch the ankle-bitter I headed back to find mom. About back I found mom in an aisle set, with her eyes closed and no sign of the domestic partner, as I shook her awake and asked what was going on, she advised that she was saving her partners seat while he used the restroom, I reminded her that she had a kid in first and I was not a baby sitter. I returned to the front cabin, deposited the kid with the FA and waited for mom to return. 5 minutes later she arrived and did not speak to me for the rest of the trip (which worked for me).

Upon arrival in DEN I overheard mom telling hubbie that (pointed at me) is the rude guy that sat beside me. To make matters worse, hubbie was about 63 and 250lbs, he looked like an NFL linebacker, it didnt take me long to make myself scarce!

**Edited for spelling

[This message has been edited by digbyamb (edited 04-06-2002).]
Old Apr 6, 2002, 9:00 pm

Location: Usually on a ship looking for oil and gas; Uruguay, Malaysia, Turkey, Nigeria, Libya, Egypt, Norway, Scotland, India, Congo & Angola, next project who knows? Agreed to CC rules
Programs: AC Altitude E75K/*G, AS MVP, AF/KLM Petroleum Club, BA Blue
Unbelievable...
Old Apr 6, 2002, 9:16 pm

Programs: NW Gold/SPG Plat/Hilton Gold
There are all kinds of people in this world! I would have 'deposited' the baby with the mom back in coach by saying that I think she forgot this up front.
Old Apr 7, 2002, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
. [<-------speechless]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.