Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What careers earn the most miles?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2002, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Thank for the answers folks.

I was just curious. Given the extreme cost of J or Y fares - I was just curious what sort of people or employers would dole out that type of $.
Old Apr 5, 2002, 1:17 pm
Original Member

Location: New York - DL Gold, AA Gold, AC Prestige, VS Silver
People working for financial services companies. They don't fly that often but fly far - London, Tokyo, Sydney etc. - racks the miles pretty quickly. And they can pay J.
Old Apr 5, 2002, 4:01 pm

Programs: NW Gold/SPG Plat/Hilton Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NeverAtHome:
I guess my question is related to this quote more than the thread, but if Rupert is so knowledgeable in mileage programs, why is AC having so much trouble getting it right? Is it all Uncle Miltie's fault or what?</font>
Rupert knowledgeable about mileage programs? Come on! He doesn't "like comparisons with other programs!" Have we all already forgotten this famous line??
Old Apr 5, 2002, 4:30 pm

Ditto management consultants (especially with high-demand skills), but the location of the client site doesn't necessarily have to be far away to rack up the miles if you have a flexible weekend travel policy.

-Zombie-
Old Apr 5, 2002, 8:31 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Andrew Webber:
Actually, you may actually be too much alike for that tension to exist.
</font>
!?!?!?!?!?! I don't like the award winning Envoy Class so I don't know how we are alike!

Old Apr 5, 2002, 8:36 pm
ALW

Simple, you would both give away the store trying to keep your best customers happy.

andrew
Old Apr 5, 2002, 10:03 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Some "head of the household" for asian immigrant families living in Canada.

The mother and kids would stay in Canada while the father works in asia (the type of industry is usually very diverse and can also involve business travel to other parts of asia). The father would usually come home often to visit the family (or maybe even on the way to another city for a business trip). (For some families the husband seldom comes home and the wife starts getting worried)
Old Apr 5, 2002, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
AC-US merger? FlyerAl et Empress?? oh, mon Dieu!

Well I suppose if Empress stayed in Vancouver and I was located in Pittsburgh, I guess it wouldn't be too bad.
Old Apr 5, 2002, 11:06 pm

Programs: AA, AB, AC, AD, AE, AF, AG... you get the picture
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mballb:
Given the extreme cost of J or Y fares - I was just curious what sort of people or employers would dole out that type of $.</font>
when you're billing at 300 bucks an hour, T&E (travel and expenses) are generally 15% overhead or about $45/hr. Over a 5 day co-location, that works out to $1800. In USD, that's a fair bit of cabbage to spend on travel... weekly.

That sort of billable rate is fairly common in specialized management consulting (my area happens to be supply chain systems integration).
Old Apr 6, 2002, 3:18 am

My wife and I are in the food import business and travel all over the world for meetings with existing suppliers and to source new suppliers and products.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.