Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Choosing seats on Aeroplan booked flights with EVA and ANA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Choosing seats on Aeroplan booked flights with EVA and ANA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2013, 5:47 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
I just did this on EVA, on a AE reward ticket.
I was able to do it online, with just the ticket number and last name.
I was able to change the pre-selected seat, and place my meal order.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 7:10 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
I booked my ANA seat by entering one of my AC 014 ticket numbers, name, and flight #. That worked well. I was able to get my Dreamliner seat, and my 1A seat from NRT-ORD in the suites. So looking forward to it. ^
Old Dec 11, 2015, 7:35 pm

Recently I have not been able to select seats either online or by calling in. Seems most are blocked for their elites or potential bassinets.

Anybody with recent experience or know if seat selection is freed up at 24hr checkin window?
Old Dec 11, 2015, 7:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by doesun
Recently I have not been able to select seats either online or by calling in. Seems most are blocked for their elites or potential bassinets.

Anybody with recent experience or know if seat selection is freed up at 24hr checkin window?
Which airline? Eva or ANA?

You can definitely select seats ahead of time on EVA. Certain seats are blocked for their elites and are released at T-24.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Which airline? Eva or ANA?

You can definitely select seats ahead of time on EVA. Certain seats are blocked for their elites and are released at T-24.
EVA on YYZ-TPE. Wife is in 8K with the infant, but they would not let the rest of us select seats around her in 8G, 9G, 9K (or even select any seat at all).

the website says the seat selection has closed (or something to that effect) but the flight is about 2 weeks away. the agents simply stated those seats were blocked. too bad expedia.ca does not show the seat map.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 8:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by doesun
EVA on YYZ-TPE. Wife is in 8K with the infant, but they would not let the rest of us select seats around her in 8G, 9G, 9K (or even select any seat at all).

the website says the seat selection has closed (or something to that effect) but the flight is about 2 weeks away. the agents simply stated those seats were blocked. too bad expedia.ca does not show the seat map.
Send me a PM if you want and i'll give you my BR contact from EVA's Toronto office. He's been a god send.

Also, where are you selecting your seats? You should be selecting them on https://booking.evaair.com/flyeva/EV...ip/log_in.aspx - if you don't have your EVA PNR, then you can grab your ticket # off of your AP redemption receipt and select your seats there. That should not be a problem as I've now lost count on the AP redemptions i've done on that route. Never an issue.

Last edited by superangrypenguin; Dec 11, 2015 at 8:59 pm Reason: AP, not AE. DOH.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 4:27 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K | Latitude Flight Pass junkie
Thai and Asiana both were easy for me to change seats as well.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 12:01 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
I just booked an AC Award on SQ/NH combo.

For NH, I keyed in my AC E-ticket number into the Manage My Booking on NH website and I was able to select seats and key in my details. It also showed me the NH PNR.

For SQ, will give a call to their hotline.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 3:22 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by lcpteck

For NH, I keyed in my AC E-ticket number into the Manage My Booking on NH website and I was able to select seats and key in my details. It also showed me the NH PNR.

The PNR for SQ was the same as NH, I guess that makes sense as it's under 1 award ticket?

Unfortunately I could not manage to do Manage My Booking on SQ website as it gave an error saying it was issued by partner airline. Will give a call back to SQ hotline to issue seats and choose Book The Cook.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 9:41 pm

Programs: AC*P
The PNR for SQ was the same as NH, I guess that makes sense as it's under 1 award ticket?

Unfortunately I could not manage to do Manage My Booking on SQ website as it gave an error saying it was issued by partner airline. Will give a call back to SQ hotline to issue seats and choose Book The Cook.
I had the exact same problem as you. I booked an Aeroplan award on SQ + NH. After I retrieved the PNR from NH's website, I couldn't get it to work on the SQ site.

Strangely enough, I tried it on SQ's mobile app on a whim and it worked! I could choose seats for the whole itinerary! I guess they use 2 different systems for their website and mobile app.

Last edited by HansVision; Dec 15, 2015 at 6:06 am Reason: merge separate posts
Old Dec 14, 2015, 10:26 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
No, it depends on the airlines. Some airlines share the same PNR and some don't.

With a mini RTW reward you will get 3 or 4 different PNRs easy.

Originally Posted by HansVision
I'm in the same situation as you. After retrieving the PNR from NH's website, I was not able to retrieve it on the SQ website.

Strangely enough, when I tried it on SQ's mobile app, it worked and I could choose seats for the whole itinerary! I guess they're using 2 different systems for the website and app.
Apparently a long time issue as per the SQ forum. Unfortunately you can only "book the cook" using the regular SQ site, or call in.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 6:53 am

Programs: Aeroplan | Avios
Originally Posted by HansVision
I had the exact same problem as you. I booked an Aeroplan award on SQ + NH. After I retrieved the PNR from NH's website, I couldn't get it to work on the SQ site.

Strangely enough, I tried it on SQ's mobile app on a whim and it worked! I could choose seats for the whole itinerary! I guess they use 2 different systems for their website and mobile app.
That mobile app also works for choosing seats on StarFlyer (ANA codeshare) which is great because I couldn't find a place to do it anywhere else.

On a sidenote, did you steal that excellent SIN-HND via CGK 789 trip I was eyeing but hesitated and missed?
Old Dec 15, 2015, 9:37 am

Programs: *$ Green

For the NH segment, was it an 014 ticket with an NH flight number? I.e. not ACXXXX.

When I have an 014 and AC code share I can't do seats and stuff on the ANA website. I just go on it to 'confirm' my reservation and get the ANA confirmation number, and call at a later time if required (change seats etc).
Old Dec 16, 2015, 8:46 am

Programs: AC*P
Originally Posted by lhsonic
That mobile app also works for choosing seats on StarFlyer (ANA codeshare) which is great because I couldn't find a place to do it anywhere else.

On a sidenote, did you steal that excellent SIN-HND via CGK 789 trip I was eyeing but hesitated and missed?
No I had to settle for SIN-HND via CAN. I managed to get that route on the way back though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.