Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Limited time offer: Earn 75% more Altitude Qualifying Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2013, 2:37 am

to get the bonus AQMs, do the tickets need to be booked through AC.com, or can I book a ticket through a 3rd party travel website and still get the bonus AQMs?
Old Aug 16, 2013, 4:34 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
book and fly in ... fares between August 15 and September 15, 2013. or just fly between those dates? Booking and flying sure cuts out a lot of people who plan ahead?
Can I give my email to someone who could use it?
Old Aug 16, 2013, 4:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by hydrogen
Well what are you doing?!?! Quick! Call, cancel, and rebook!

That is, assuming that you received this email and are still within 24 hours of booking.
There is no 24 hour change ability on flex flight passes
Old Aug 16, 2013, 7:14 am

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)

"BOOK and fly" is what pisses me off about these promotions. AC earns no goodwill from me when they pull this stunt. Most people book far in advance. Last year, they had a similar promotion, but they rewarded flyers with additional AQMs simply for flying during the time period of the promotion. This is the way it SHOULD work. Reward the people who are flying with you and create goodwill rather than piss off your FFs in a hairbrained attempt to drive bookings.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 7:20 am

I wonder what the criteria was for people getting these emails. I'm 50K and didn't receive it.

I guess this promo is not for status chasers but for reward chasers...likely the offer will only be extended to high revenue customers
Old Aug 16, 2013, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by capebretonboy
"BOOK and fly" is what pisses me off about these promotions. AC earns no goodwill from me when they pull this stunt. Most people book far in advance. Last year, they had a similar promotion, but they rewarded flyers with additional AQMs simply for flying during the time period of the promotion. This is the way it SHOULD work. Reward the people who are flying with you and create goodwill rather than piss off your FFs in a hairbrained attempt to drive bookings.
Probably looking to reward last minute bookers who end up booking the high fares due to minimum purchase requirements.

Goes along with the theme of rewarding revenue generators and not frequent fliers.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 7:26 am
alc

While I hate the "Book and Fly" policy as I had lost out most, if not all, of the promo this year due to this, but I do start thinking that what they did is actually very normal in terms of marketing. "Promotions" is to attract people to spend more "now" and not to spend more "before". Just like the recent free movie on the Coke 12-can case promo, you can't buy that case last year and get the free movie..... as it is not like you knew a promo is coming right?

I am not trying to defend AC and their marketing team, but just thought to say what my guess for their reason behind this stupid rule. Airlines promo should be different as it should attractive people to continue to spend "anytime", thinking a promo will give more rewards in the end.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 7:28 am
alc

Originally Posted by MaydayMayday
I wonder what the criteria was for people getting these emails. I'm 50K and didn't receive it.

I guess this promo is not for status chasers but for reward chasers...likely the offer will only be extended to high revenue customers
I got mine and I am SE100K. My wife who is a gifted E50K got the email as well. My daugther has no status didn't.

My question to you is do you normally get Air Canada or Aeroplan promo email?
Old Aug 16, 2013, 7:32 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MaydayMayday
I was wondering that too, until I saw some other SE100K's post about it - I figured that this wasn't for top tiers (they already have our business), but rather to entice other customers to switch back to AC, or book new flights on it.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by agjil
Wouldn't code shares still receive the bonus if the flights are on AC metal (regardless of ticketed carrier)?
I'm thinking yes, but it's a moot point if I don't get the email.

Originally Posted by Absolute
I was wondering that too, until I saw some other SE100K's post about it - I figured that this wasn't for top tiers (they already have our business), but rather to entice other customers to switch back to AC, or book new flights on it.
I am SE. I finished up last year at 152K miles. This year, I'm at 38K miles YTD (a lot of it booked before last October's enhancements). You'd think AC might figure out that there is something wrong and might want to entice me back.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 7:44 am

I have SCL-YVR coming up on the 19th. Could I call in and pay a change fee and get "a new booking" or do I actually need a whole new PNR?

Last edited by fillalph; Aug 16, 2013 at 7:56 am
Old Aug 16, 2013, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by alc
I got mine and I am SE100K. My wife who is a gifted E50K got the email as well. My daugther has no status didn't.

My question to you is do you normally get Air Canada or Aeroplan promo email?
Yep I do receive promo emails from them, although they go straight to spam folder.

Today, I did receive the email about 2x miles offer extension, but nothing about 75% offer
Old Aug 16, 2013, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by fillalph
I have SCL-YVR coming up on the 19th. Could I call in and pay a change fee and get "a new booking" or do I actually need a whole new PNR?
I assume the latter.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 8:12 am

Programs: AC E75K *G
I can't believe those jerks at Loblaws put peas on sale for tomorrow!

I bought peas yesterday!

WHY DOES LOBLAWS ALWAYS SCREW ME OVER!
Old Aug 16, 2013, 8:15 am
alc

Originally Posted by zorn
I can't believe those jerks at Loblaws put peas on sale for tomorrow!

I bought peas yesterday!

WHY DOES LOBLAWS ALWAYS SCREW ME OVER!
actually, for this, you can go make a price adjustment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.