Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Limited time offer: Earn 75% more Altitude Qualifying Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2013, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE100K , HH DIAMOND, MARRIOTT PLATINUM

Feel the need for speed? Accelerate your pace towards earning more rewards out of your Air Canada Altitude™ status. With this exclusive offer, you'll earn 75% more Altitude Qualifying Miles on every Air Canada and Air Canada Express™ operated flight. Exceptionally for this promotion, registration is not required, so simply book and fly in Flex, Latitude, Premium Economy, Executive Class or Executive First® fares between August 15 and September 15, 2013.

Only the recipient of the email is eligible for the offer. Offer is non-transferable.

Valid on eligible scheduled flights operated by Air Canada and Air Canada Express. Bonus Altitude Qualifying Miles for eligible flights flown will be awarded for all bookings made between August 15 and September 15, 2013 and travelled between August 15 and September 15, 2013.

To qualify, the flight segments must be travelled in the eligible fare options (booking classes) indicated: To/From Canada and Canada/USA/Caribbean (incl. Central America) and Mexico: Flex (M, U, H, Q, V, W, S, K, L, T); Latitude (Y, B); Executive Class Lowest and Executive Class Flexible (Z, D, C, J); To/From Canada and South America/Europe/Asia/Australia: Flex (M, Q, V, W, S); Latitude (Y, B); Executive First Lowest (C, D, Z); Executive First Flexible (J).

Valid on published fares eligible for Aeroplan Mile accumulation. Offer is not valid when travelling on Air Canada rouge or on an Air Canada Unlimited Flight Pass.

Bonus Altitude Qualifying Miles count towards Air Canada Altitude status, however, they do not count towards the Minimum Air Canada Flight Requirement to qualify for 2014 Air Canada Altitude status, nor do they count towards the Air Canada Million Mile program.

The 75% Altitude Qualifying Miles Bonus will be applied exclusively towards miles earned based on distance flown as per the fare mileage accrual rules. The class of service Bonus Miles and Altitude Bonus Miles are excluded.

Bonus Altitude Qualifying Miles will be credited up to three weeks after the qualifying flights are completed

Upgraded flight segments (eUpgrades, Last minute paid upgrades, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, etc.) will be tracked for this promotion based on the eligibility of the original Economy Class fare purchased.

Aeroplan Flight Rewards are not eligible for mileage accumulation.

Bonus Altitude Qualifying Miles cannot be sold and are non-transferable. They have no cash value and cannot be converted to cash or refunded if unused.

Offer is subject to change at Air Canada's sole discretion without notice; other conditions and restrictions may apply.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 7:22 pm

Book and fly. Ugh. Screwed over again.

Welcome to Altitude 2013.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 7:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hydrogen

I agree. I just booked two flights yesterday for next week.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 7:39 pm

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
I booked a flight today but didn't get the email... wouldn't that be a surprise if this actually posted for me?
Old Aug 15, 2013, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by hydrogen

Yep, I booked all of my August flights this week and I'm not flying for work in September because I'm on holidays.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by rainorshine
I agree. I just booked two flights yesterday for next week.
Well what are you doing?!?! Quick! Call, cancel, and rebook!

That is, assuming that you received this email and are still within 24 hours of booking.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by lowside67
I booked a flight today but didn't get the email... wouldn't that be a surprise if this actually posted for me?
Same for me. But on top of that, my ticket was issued by UA (016 ticket stock), but on AC metal. It might be a moot point though since I didn't get the email.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 8:08 pm

Drat . I might actually be able to use this, but didn't get the email.

Dr. PITUK
Old Aug 15, 2013, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Same for me. But on top of that, my ticket was issued by UA (016 ticket stock), but on AC metal. It might be a moot point though since I didn't get the email.
Wouldn't code shares still receive the bonus if the flights are on AC metal (regardless of ticketed carrier)?
Old Aug 15, 2013, 8:21 pm

Programs: Free Agent
hmmm the phrase, "registration is not required" is exceptionally frightening... on the other hand, am happy to scoop up another 10K alties. Thanks for this, AC/ALT!
Old Aug 15, 2013, 9:02 pm
Used to be '076753k'

Programs: AirCanada*G
I got the email today as well. It was in my spam, and I thought it was a prank at first! Still waiting for work to book me my flights but I should get the bonus on two upcoming trips. YYZ-YXE, and a YOW-YYZ-YXE. More numbers to put into the spreadsheet if they actually post!
Old Aug 15, 2013, 9:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I didn't get the email, and I might be booking a couple thousand miles on AC for September 14 or 15

This actually makes me more tempted to not book AC now
Old Aug 15, 2013, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I didn't get the email, and I might be booking a couple thousand miles on AC for September 14 or 15

This actually makes me more tempted to not book AC now
Interesting... It makes me less likely to book AC for not including me!

Dr. PITUK
Old Aug 15, 2013, 10:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by painintheuk
Interesting... It makes me less likely to book AC for not including me!

Dr. PITUK
Yes! I worded my statement...poorly. Yours is much better.

3500 AQM, and 500 of those would already qualify for the 100% AQM bonus on Rapidair flights. I sure would have liked the extra 2600 AQM.

But now I'm really tempted to book United:
1. To show AC that this is what happens when they leave people out of promotions
2. It's cheaper (maybe this should be reason #1)
Old Aug 16, 2013, 1:36 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Rats just did a trans con 4 segment run on Aug 15!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.