Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Received 10,000 AP on the anniversary of my CIBC Infinity Aerogold card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2013, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount

Received my monthly CIBC Infinity Aerogold statement today. There was the $120 annual renewal fee charge.

Called CIBC Visa and told them I could get a new card at the branch, 15,000 points and likely the first year fee waved. I asked if they would wave my $120 for this year.

Initially told "no" by agent. I asked to speak to a supervisor. Placed on hold for a few minutes and then agent came back on saying they could not wave the fee however as a one time goodwill gesture they would give me 10,000 Aeroplan points which I accepted.

For me it would be a big hassle getting a new credit card number with the automatic deductions now coming out of my card. I realise I will have to do this if or when the TD Aeroplan card becomes a reality...
Old Jul 9, 2013, 12:54 pm

you were lucky. I asked the same and they said no. Even the supervisor said no so they forced my hand and I cancelled the card. I just got approved for the new one and got the 15,000 points and the fee waived if I do the minimum spending the first 3 months. It's a bit of a hassle but it's just more work for them.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 1:10 pm

Programs: AC, CX Gold, SPG Gold
I don't even wait for the anniversary. I cancel a month before and hope that they run a promotion (which worked out great this time). It definitely helps if you have no automatic deductions set up on the card though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.