Wiki Posts
Search

Help with registration

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2013, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K
Help with registration

Looking for the registration of the E190 that operated YYC-YUL AC1142 on July 1.
Any help appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 3:36 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Send me a PM and I'll help.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 3:59 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by newcdn
Looking for the registration of the E190 that operated YYC-YUL AC1142 on July 1.
C-FHIS
Old Jul 7, 2013, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by jaysona
C-FHIS
OK, you win!
Old Jul 7, 2013, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Where did (do) you guys get this info? I log all my flights and usually get it by checking the aircraft. Curious to know!
Old Jul 7, 2013, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by ACA321
Where did (do) you guys get this info? I log all my flights and usually get it by checking the aircraft. Curious to know!
I also usually get it by logging the a/c. If I don't get it, I check with the concierge. They are able to find it. Also the lounge agents (if they're nice - if they are dragons, well then they'll shoot flames!).
Old Jul 7, 2013, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by jlisi984
if they are dragons, well then they'll shoot flames!).
Ain't that the truth. One time I asked in the YYZ International MLL which aircraft would be operating the flight (fin number), to which this particular dragon gave me a long menacing glare and finally snapped "there's no reason for you to have that info, it's a security threat. Besides, we don't have it anyway." I commented that I'm just an aviation geek and keep a personal log of each flight and aircraft I take. She looked confused and upset. Decided it wasn't worth stirring the hornets nest any further and let it be.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 9:11 pm

Ain't that the truth. One time I asked in the YYZ International MLL which aircraft would be operating the flight (fin number), to which this particular dragon gave me a long menacing glare and finally snapped "there's no reason for you to have that info, it's a security threat. Besides, we don't have it anyway."
Oops mid-read your message.

The lounge agent was correct in refusing to tell you the registration/ tail number of a flight that had not yet taken off. There are no issues with flights that have already arrived at their destination, but flights yet to operate are kept confidential.

Last edited by jaysona; Jul 7, 2013 at 9:22 pm
Old Jul 7, 2013, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K
C-FHIS
Thanks
Old Jul 8, 2013, 6:51 am

The lounge agent was correct in refusing to tell you the registration/ tail number of a flight that had not yet taken off. There are no issues with flights that have already arrived at their destination, but flights yet to operate are kept confidential.
Fair enough and understandable. It's usually easy enough to get it at the gate or even on board.

However, I still don't think a politely phrased inquiry warrants a rude response from someone in a customer service position. Often, it's not so much what you say, but how you say it that can make all the difference
Old Jul 8, 2013, 7:01 am

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Ain't that the truth. One time I asked in the YYZ International MLL which aircraft would be operating the flight (fin number), to which this particular dragon gave me a long menacing glare and finally snapped "there's no reason for you to have that info, it's a security threat. Besides, we don't have it anyway." I commented that I'm just an aviation geek and keep a personal log of each flight and aircraft I take. She looked confused and upset. Decided it wasn't worth stirring the hornets nest any further and let it be.
When I was travelling back and forth to YEG every week, the MLL agents at YEG used to have the fin number ready for me when I arrived each Thursday. Yet, one Sunday evening I was getting off the aircraft at YEG, approached a podium at an empty gate beside the one we were deplaning at and had the following exchange with the (seemingly bored) gate agent:

Me: Hi, I just got off flight 157 from Toronto and forgot to ask the SD for the fin number, would you be able to look it up for me please? I can't see it from here.
GA: And who exactly are you?
Me: Um...I'm a passenger from the inbound flight 157
GA: I can't give you that information
Me: It's painted in at least 4 spots on the aircraft...I just can't see it due to the viewing angle and the darkness
GA: (snarly now) I can't give you a fin number, I don't know who you are, it is a security issue
Me:
GA: ...
Me:
GA: ...

So I went quickly up to the MLL and asked the lounge attendant. Had my answer in 30 seconds.

By the way, I should have known better than to approach that GA. She's consistently the grumpiest GA at YEG.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 7:08 am

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G

Any thoughts on the rationale behind this? It's not like the fin nor the reg are hidden. They are displayed prominently on the tail of the aircraft.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 10:20 am

However, I still don't think a politely phrased inquiry warrants a rude response from someone in a customer service position. Often, it's not so much what you say, but how you say it that can make all the difference
No argument from me on that one, I agree the lounge agent should have been nicer in their response - I guess that's why some are called Lounge Dragons!
Old Jul 8, 2013, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by j_the_p
Any thoughts on the rationale behind this? It's not like the fin nor the reg are hidden. They are displayed prominently on the tail of the aircraft.
Please don't get me started on this one, just one of many other security policies, that sound great to some guy in an office, but are nothing more than an annoyance when put in practice today.

Many of the rules/policies were put in place before it was simple for someone to look outside while at the gate, see the registration number on the plane and destination from the gate monitor and tweet, e-mail, etc the information to the world at large in a matter of seconds.

As always, rules and policies almost always lag behind the technology curve by a decade or more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.