Wiki Posts
Search

AC 7716 tire change YXU

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2013, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ACA 35K, Omni Select Guest Black
AC 7716 tire change YXU

They keep posting times that get later and later ... but my guess is that they have no idea how to change the tire (it's a Q400 sitting at the gate). My bet is it will sit here until tomorrow. Any bets? Better yet anyone know for a fact if they can change a tire on a Q400 at YXU on a Sunday afternoon?
Old Jul 7, 2013, 2:54 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
I've run into the same problem at YXU. Is there not another flight you could switch to?
Old Jul 7, 2013, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ACA 35K, Omni Select Guest Black
ya there is a later flight. Here's the rub though. If the tire-change flight leaves at the currently posted time, then I will make my original connection in YYZ (because ironically it has also been delayed. Thank you AC). If the tire-change flight leaves later than current posting OR if I take the later flight to YYZ I will not make the original connection in YYZ.

I guess I need to pull the trigger on the later flight to YYZ if the tire-change flight looks like it's not leaving before the later flight to YYZ ... in which case I miss my connection.

Could always drive to YYZ but I would have to leave now.

I swear to god my rate of delayed flights flying in and out of YXU this past year has been over 50%. (I am elite 50k and because of segments not miles.... segments mainly on Dash-8 and beechcraft.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 3:35 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Yup wait it out and see what happens. I had the exact same thing in YXU back when AC was flying only DH1's and 3's to YYZ. I switched to the later flight and it ended up leaving about 5 minutes earlier than the one I was originally scheduled on. Lost my 1C and was given last row middle. Oh well, they rebooked and I got home. YXU seems pretty bad generally though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.