Search

Best CS contact info?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2013, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Best AC CS contact info?

Good evening

I've contacted customer services twice through the website form about an issue I had with IDB. I left ten days between each contact and have not received a reply apart from the automated "we have received your feedback" message.

Does anybody have a better e-mail to force a reply? Or do people have much luck with AC on Twitter? Or something else?

I'm based in the UK so calling is not an option unless through Skype, but I'd rather leave this as a last resort as it is not particularly clear.

Thanks!

Last edited by PTY1K; Jun 24, 2013 at 12:38 pm
Old Jun 24, 2013, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
If you have status with AC youll usually get a response pretty fast, but if dont its not uncommon to have to wait for 1-2months for a reply.

Calling generally doesnt help as the CS agents are not trained/allowed to deal with CS isssues, particularly when it comes to compensation.

If you dont get a response within 4-6 weeks, Id recommend contacting them via Facebook or Twitter.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. I'm *S but with UA, I guess they won't be impressed with that. Will give it a while longer then try FB.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by philhayes
Thanks. I'm *S but with UA, I guess they won't be impressed with that. Will give it a while longer then try FB.
Well, the AC website feedback form has "Star Alliance Silver" as an option when selecting your status, so your request may get some priority. But considering it can take 1-2weeks to get a response as a SE, I would expect a waittime of at leat 1 month for a *S member.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

They really should change their auto-reply:

"Our processing time is currently 10 business days for general customer concerns"

!
Old Jun 24, 2013, 2:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I got a reply in less than three days on my last issue, and the miles showed up in my account a couple days later.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 2:51 pm

Programs: AC - E50, CX - G, Accor Plat, SPG Gold
Investigation time has to be added to the general processing time. The ten days would refer to a simple case that they can close down with an adaptation of a standard form letter.

Is it a statutory IDB case? If so, you will likely have to elevate, frontline have proven clueless to me but have received very good resolution up the food chain.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

I am asking for ORC so maybe it's a bit more complicated but the first e-mail was sent 4 weeks ago. Maybe I'm being optimistic but I would have expected some kind of contact since then. How would I elevate it with AC?
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:56 pm

Programs: AC - E50, CX - G, Accor Plat, SPG Gold
I don't think exec would get involved in ORC, it is not an entitlement by law or tariff.

I'd await CSR reply, if not happy try twitter but I believe AC rarely if ever credit it.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 8:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by markandrew
I don't think exec would get involved in ORC, it is not an entitlement by law or tariff.

I'd await CSR reply, if not happy try twitter but I believe AC rarely if ever credit it.
I think the only time you get ORC is when you're rerouted on non-Star Alliance airlines.

I'm going to be putting in a request for some ORC in a week or two, but it's more of a hopeful wish than an expectation that I'll get anything.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 12:24 am
Original Poster

Best CS contact info?

Just an update to this. I was given ORC for the flight (DUB-YYZ) and it was credited to my UA account. No PQMs though, that might have been too much to ask for!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.