Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

United Business First Ticket Maps to AC Tango?!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Business First Ticket Maps to AC Tango?!

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2013, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Recovering long-time AC SE100K (currently E50K), Accor Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by gabdusch
Does anyone know what S class on UA ticket but AC metal maps to? Do I get 100% AQM?

Same question for UA A class operated by AC: On the UA website it says First (A) but on AC A class is Tango so definitely not "First"...

I want to make sure before I book anything.
S on UA gets you 100% AQM. A on UA gets you 150% AQM. (And the UA flights I booked in P get me 125%.) If ever in doubt, consult the charts on the aeroplan web site:

http://www4.aeroplan.com/earn_miles/...Partner=United

(Click on the Eligible Flights tab near the bottom of that page to see booking classes.)
Old May 7, 2013, 1:35 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyer
S on UA gets you 100% AQM. A on UA gets you 150% AQM. (And the UA flights I booked in P get me 125%.) If ever in doubt, consult the charts on the aeroplan web site:

http://www4.aeroplan.com/earn_miles/...Partner=United

(Click on the Eligible Flights tab near the bottom of that page to see booking classes.)
Yes, but UA S on AC metal does not necessarily map to AC "S" which is what matters. The aeroplan booking classes are for the operating carrier.

I have had US "S" map to both Tango and Flex in the past year. Both were between YEG and YYC and I didnt need the AQM, so I gave up arguing.
Old May 7, 2013, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Recovering long-time AC SE100K (currently E50K), Accor Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by yeg2where
Yes, but UA S on AC metal does not necessarily map to AC "S" which is what matters. The aeroplan booking classes are for the operating carrier.

I have had US "S" map to both Tango and Flex in the past year. Both were between YEG and YYC and I didnt need the AQM, so I gave up arguing.
The codes on that link I provided are the UA booking classes. If you book a UA ticket with a code listed on that page and you get something other than the miles listed in the chart, you would have a legitimate reason to argue. Not sure why you gave up - you were right.
Old May 7, 2013, 2:05 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyer
The codes on that link I provided are the UA booking classes. If you book a UA ticket with a code listed on that page and you get something other than the miles listed in the chart, you would have a legitimate reason to argue. Not sure why you gave up - you were right.
No, from the same page:
"For codeshare flights marketed by United but operated by another Star Alliance member airline, the operating airline determines how many miles you earn for your flight. Therefore, the booking class that appears on your ticket may differ from the booking class that the operating airline uses to determine flight miles earned. Refer to the Eligible Flights Tab of the operating carrier."

You need to know the AC booking class. On an transborder UA itinerary, I was told that my "S" booking mapped to tango ("N" I think). On a flight a couple of weeks later (TPAC itinerary), I got AQM.
Old May 7, 2013, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

No, from the same page:
"For codeshare flights marketed by United but operated by another Star Alliance member airline, the operating airline determines how many miles you earn for your flight. Therefore, the booking class that appears on your ticket may differ from the booking class that the operating airline uses to determine flight miles earned. Refer to the Eligible Flights Tab of the operating carrier."

You need to know the AC booking class. On an transborder UA itinerary, I was told that my "S" booking mapped to tango ("N" I think). On a flight a couple of weeks later (TPAC itinerary), I got AQM.
Thanks for pointing out the fine print.

I guess it's always good to double-check the booking class the fare books into pre-flight, though as my original post and various follow-up posts show, it's not always straightforward to figure that out either. Sorry you didn't get the miles you expected, but glad it didn't adversely affect your status.
Old May 7, 2013, 3:45 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Thanks. That's what I was afraid of...So I guess I'll call UA just to be sure and report back.
Old May 7, 2013, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pretty sure P on UA maps to Z so on AC flights domestic or transborder, should yield 150%.
Old May 9, 2013, 7:12 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WhiteYUL
My experience, the mirror of OP's situation, AC code (Z fare class) on UA metal maps to P and only earns 25% CoS bonus on an intra-US flight.
AC Z maps into either UA P or UA Z depending on the restrictions of the fare purchased. Both UA P and UA Z earn 25% COS bonus systemwide, not only intra-US.
Old May 9, 2013, 7:24 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gabdusch
Does anyone know what S class on UA ticket but AC metal maps to? Do I get 100% AQM?

Same question for UA A class operated by AC: On the UA website it says First (A) but on AC A class is Tango so definitely not "First"...

I want to make sure before I book anything.
It's just a bug on AC's website. No matter what airline's booking class is shown, if AC also uses that particular letter it will display the fare category of AC's booking class, just ignore the description if you are not booked on an AC flight with AC flight no.

The website will not show any fare category if AC does not have that particular letter for their own flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.