Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I'm a big guy (apparently)

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2013, 2:13 pm

Programs: BA GGL, UA 1K, AC 35K, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ylwae
Trying to figure out what this has to do with anything...
Just about to say the exact same thing. Thanks for mentioning this.
Old May 1, 2013, 2:16 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by danapop
He said breakfast..... AC Metal and a four hour flight. My guess is YEGorYYC/YYZ. And your right, the meeting comment was irrelevant - but I was being scarcastic. Sorry that didnt come across.

Im not demonizing alcohol here, I am simply pointing out it is a lot to drink at breakfast and I am unsure of what kind of sympathy the OP is looking for....
But my point is how do you know what time the OP was operating in? OP said YYZYVR...that means could have originated pretty much anywhere east...all of Europe, Africa, Middle East, India....etc. Just because AC is serving you eggs doesn't mean it is necessarily breakfast for a person. How is this not incredibly obvious on a frequent flyer board?

I thought we were regular travellers around here?!
Old May 1, 2013, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by Dorian

I do over 400k qualifying miles per year....
Holy crap!
Old May 1, 2013, 2:20 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by Neil791
OP said a double screwdriver before breakfast which would equal 2 standard measured drinks followed by multiple beers on what would be not much in the way of a hearty meal so size aside I would say he was well in excess of any legal blood alcohol content and by all determinations had been served to excess!

AC needs to grow a pair and learn to cut people off sooner and/or deny boarding if someone is too intoxicated. When did the needs of one outweigh those of the rest of the paying pax onboard?
Laughable. He wasn't the pilot for F sake. It isn't like he had his vehicle on board!

I hate attitudes like this. People need to mind their own business.
Old May 1, 2013, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
This thread reminds of a trip I took on KE in F last summer. They serve Johnny Walker Blue. I don't care for scotch, but I have a friend who loves it, so he asked me to bring some back for him. So I dutifully ordered about 6 double JWBs and kept pouring them into my (empty) water bottle. The flight attendant didn't comment on how someone my size could possibly drink that much and remain stone cold sober! LOL
Oh, MG, I thought that method was much to slow and complicated. I went to the front of the A380 and filled two empty water bottles full of Johnny Blue. We were on different flights but of the same mindset. Love you girl!
Old May 1, 2013, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Did OP say it was morning for THEM? Who knows what time zone the OP was operating in?

What meeting? Irrelevant comment.
But my point is how do you know what time the OP was operating in? OP said YYZYVR...that means could have originated pretty much anywhere east...all of Europe, Africa, Middle East, India....etc. Just because AC is serving you eggs doesn't mean it is necessarily breakfast for a person. How is this not incredibly obvious on a frequent flyer board?

Time of day really doesn't make a difference. 7+ drinks in the span of 4 hours when you are out in public....?

If you are on the tail end of an 18 hour journey, it sounds even less advisable.

Somehow, I don't think this thread turned out quite the way the OP envisioned it.
Old May 1, 2013, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by ABG
Do you know how much the fuel surcharge is on an Aeroplan reward to Europe...? OMG, its crazy.
No kidding. Did you know a "free" ticket to LHR costs over $1000! Outrageous!
Old May 1, 2013, 2:24 pm

+1 Dorian, it's 11 a.m. somewhere! Love the way you think.
Old May 1, 2013, 2:30 pm

Laughable. He wasn't the pilot for F sake. It isn't like he had his vehicle on board!

I hate attitudes like this. People need to mind their own business.
I don't understand. There's no indication that the passenger here acted inappropriately. But I don't see why AC should let on a passenger or keep serving a passenger who is intoxicated? It can be disruptive to the other passengers and the crew - that is everyone's business.

Once on board, it strikes me as the FAs prerogative as to whether to serve more or not. There's no "right" to alcohol onboard.
Old May 1, 2013, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by Acnyyz
I don't understand. There's no indication that the passenger here acted inappropriately. But I don't see why AC should let on a passenger or keep serving a passenger who is intoxicated? It can be disruptive to the other passengers and the crew - that is everyone's business.

Once on board, it strikes me as the FAs prerogative as to whether to serve more or not. There's no "right" to alcohol onboard.
Obviously there is no right, no one said that.

My point is using the Motor Vehicle Act as the metric for intoxication and being cut off is absurd. Hell, some pilots would even get cut off.
Old May 1, 2013, 3:06 pm
m.y

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
Which flight from Europe, Africa, Middle East or India arrives at YYZ in the morning?
Old May 1, 2013, 3:14 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Maybe it is just me. I wouldn't waste my drinking quota on the wines onboard AC, probably not even on SQ.
Old May 1, 2013, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by m.y
Which flight from Europe, Africa, Middle East or India arrives at YYZ in the morning?
Irrelevant. Could have arrived day before.

For example, I'm in India right now but attempting to keep myself adjusted to Europe.
Old May 1, 2013, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Irrelevant. Could have arrived day before.

For example, I'm in India right now but attempting to keep myself adjusted to Europe.
Aussies do call it the "Attitude Adjustment Hour."
Old May 1, 2013, 3:49 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by lowdown
Also, have drank like a sailor
l.
First we discriminate against the Phatties...next the Asians....and now the Navy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.