Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Air Canada Tango fare with MileagePlus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Air Canada Tango fare with MileagePlus

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2013, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Air Canada Tango fare with MileagePlus

I'm about to fly AC sea-yvr-pvg-yvr-sea in fare class N, K, K, N (tango). From Air Canada's website it looks like I'm only eligible to earn 50% of miles. Would I be better off using a MileagePlus number for these flights, or would it be 50% as well?
Old Apr 13, 2013, 1:38 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Based on those booking classes:

On Aeroplan, you will earn 50% Status for all segments.

On MileagePlus, you will earn no miles on the SEA-YVR and YVR-SEA segments, but 100% status on the YVR-PVG and PVG-YVR flights.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 1:39 pm

Programs: AC UA TK FI DL
http://www.united.com//CMS/en-US/mar...spx?ItemId=313

100% with United MP

** Flights within Canada and between Canada and the continental U.S. (including Hawaii) for the listed purchased fare classes are not eligible for mileage accrual.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by D582
Based on those booking classes:

On Aeroplan, you will earn 50% Status for all segments.

On MileagePlus, you will earn no miles on the SEA-YVR and YVR-SEA segments, but 100% status on the YVR-PVG and PVG-YVR flights.
^ perfect summary.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies! Looks like I will get myself a MileagePlus account. I'm guessing it would be next to impossible to split the itinerary and claim the SEA-YVR segments on aeroplan?
Old Apr 16, 2013, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by aGreatWayToFly
Thanks for the replies! Looks like I will get myself a MileagePlus account. I'm guessing it would be next to impossible to split the itinerary and claim the SEA-YVR segments on aeroplan?
Dont be greedy. In my experience, the AC agent will undoubtedly mess up changing your number for YVR-PVG, and it will credit to Aeroplan (at 50%)
Old Apr 17, 2013, 9:17 am

Programs: AA EXP,AS MVPG,MR Platinum,HH Gold
Originally Posted by aGreatWayToFly
Possible, yeah, but as stated, there's a very good chance something will go wrong at some point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.