Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New targeted double Q miles promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New targeted double Q miles promotion

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2001, 11:47 am
Original Member

With the Oct statements up online, I am able to see that if you do have this trageted offer, you get both the regular double miles offer and the double Q miles offer.

Had only one flight that qualified for this promo so far, but it reads:

04-OCTOBER-2001 Air Ontario Kingston Toronto 500*
04-OCTOBER-2001 Double Qualifying Miles Kingston Toronto 500*
04-OCTOBER-2001 Double Miles Kingston Toronto 500
Old Oct 24, 2001, 11:49 am
ALW

Oh ****, you mean it's TRIPLE miles!?

andrew
Old Oct 24, 2001, 12:11 pm
Original Member

Yes <big grin>
Old Oct 24, 2001, 1:37 pm
msn

Did anyone get a postcard (!) with a ocean/sky motif and "Take your AEROPLAN MILES to new heights!" on the back?

Sounds like it's only the Waves of Miles promo.
Old Oct 24, 2001, 3:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
I know this is a targeted promo, however, this really burns me...why are they not throwing a bone of some sort to those of us that actually plan our travel in an orderly was in order to requalify. 1500 miles on YVR-YYC for those targeted versus 250 for a N, L and Q fare on the same route. Crazy I tell you...
Old Oct 24, 2001, 3:51 pm

I have no complaints whatsoever about this promotion.

Biggles.
Old Oct 24, 2001, 4:59 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by msn:
Did anyone get a postcard (!) with a ocean/sky motif and "Take your AEROPLAN MILES to new heights!" on the back?

Sounds like it's only the Waves of Miles promo.
</font>
Yes I got this in the mail this week and when I saw it was from AC I was hoping for double Q miles but it wasnt
Old Oct 25, 2001, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Fisch wrote:

04-OCTOBER-2001 Double Miles Kingston Toronto 500 [/B][/QUOTE]

Yikes, that's how my statement reads as well!! (base, double Q miles, double miles) I really should have booked my Aussie trip in V class for the triple miles!!

PS - I just received the letter yesterday.

[This message has been edited by Altaflyer (edited 10-25-2001).]
Old Oct 25, 2001, 12:32 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Well... all I can say is that this will be one of the best targeted promo you'll ever ever see. For those who got it and can't take advantage of it, it's really too bad.
Old Oct 25, 2001, 1:04 pm
ALW

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">And apparently I am on the trans-border promo based on flying patterns (10 R/Ts and I get SE).</font>
I was told this when I called the Elite desk a week ago to ask if I were on the promo, and if not, could I get on it.

After hearing this a week ago, I wrote the Elite desk to ask if they could switch me to the double-Qmiles promo, or at least give me something in writing about the 10 R/Ts. Of course I still haven't heard back (this being Air Canada), so I called just now.

The agent told me that in fact I've been offered neither one. She went and checked with her help desk, they confirmed I was on neither one and no, there's no way to get them to offer it.

My main point is that if you call and they say you're on the promo (Altaflyer reports getting the letter yesterday, so they're obviously trickling in), do not believe them until you get something in writing! Although I can't fit 10 R/Ts in before 15/12, I would be mightily annoyed if I'd lined them up based on verbal assurance I would get SE.

My guess is that I won't get the double-miles offer since I'm so far from SE (my balance is even lower than Fisch's 46k) -- I actually thought they put me on the transborder promo thinking I wouldn't make SE through double-miles.

But instead of three business-class revenue trips this year, they'll get one or two 40k award redemptions from me, and any paid flying on AC will wait for next year when I'll be looking for Elite status in 2003.

Oh well.

andrew
Old Oct 26, 2001, 1:41 pm
ALW

I just got a call from a very nice lady at Aeroplan (Gina?) to tell me there's no way to switch promotions. She also couldn't see any indication I had been offered the transborder one, so she went off and checked the help desk. Once again they say I have not been offered any special promotion. And no idea why the first agent told me I was on the transborder one (if they'd said I was on the double Q-miles, I'd think they mistook Waves for it).

andrew

[This message has been edited by Andrew Webber (edited 10-26-2001).]
Old Oct 26, 2001, 1:49 pm

Fwiw, I exchanged several emails with a SE desk contact yesterday morning discussing about this promotion and she too said that it is impossible to switch anyone between these targeted promotions because the Marketing department is in charge of them. (i.e. If they switch it for one member, they will have to do it for everyone). She went on to say that the eligibility for this promotion is "based on various criteria: membership status, travel pattern, number of qualifying miles/flights to date, etc." and she has no idea what it is for this promotion. She told me later that she has passed on our disucussions to the Marketing manager 'for their review and future consideration'.
Old Oct 26, 2001, 4:21 pm

I hate to sound churlish, or jealous , but these targeted promotions get up my nose specially as I'm 16k away from SE and it'll be a close thing for me to re-qualify and there's no promotion in my mail box!

Just kidding, good luck to everyone with a promotion and hope you make the next level.
Old Jan 13, 2002, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Altaflyer:
Fisch wrote:

04-OCTOBER-2001 Double Miles Kingston Toronto 500
</font>
Check your accounts folks as there have been recent adjustments to remove the extra set of double miles (ie. making it simply double Q miles and not triple miles). I wonder if Aeroplan will tell anyone that they did this adjustment?
Old Jan 13, 2002, 2:12 pm

Nope... they go in, adjust your account and potentially takes out a large chunk of points on an error in their system. They don't tell you. Nothing is new.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.