Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2015, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by PlaneWatcherYYC
Air Canada rouge Outlines Planned A321 Operation in W15

Posted: 06 Aug 2015 10:35 AM PDT

Posted at 1735GMT 06AUG15

Air Canada rouge in winter 2015/16 season will begin Airbus A321 operations, initially based in Montreal and Toronto. The A321 is configured in 2-class, 16 Premium rouge and 184 rouge class seats. (Side-note: All 321 seats Premium/rouge have power at every seat)

eff 16DEC15 Montreal – Las Vegas 1 daily
I'm surprised by YULLAS in December, even more surprised when I realized LASYUL was not the redeye. It's a slower time for LAS, chews up a lot of a/c time, and wheels up time for YULLAS on the days w/ strong Winter winds could go north of 6 hours. I know these are new-build A321s but they've got 200 seats.
I thought Rouge 319 was ideal for YULLAS all Winter (outside of NYE/CES, for example)
Will be interesting to see if deployment follows the schedule.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Question Bulkhead wall between faux J and Y?

I am not up to date with this thread... my apologies.

So, I might have to do my first Rouge flight YVR OGG in Premium Rouge...

Question: Is there a bulkhead wall between the last row of Premium Rouge (faux J) and the first row of ultra-Y?

My guess is a big fat no since space is king, but just wanted to make sure...
Old Aug 8, 2015, 7:06 pm

Yes there's a bulkhead! This is no 777HD... lol

Old Aug 8, 2015, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by winnipegrev
Yes there's a bulkhead! This is no 777HD... lol

Ha! Thanks!
Old Aug 10, 2015, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by peano
Actually SRQ was rouged for high season, I think 2013. Then it was un-rouged around end of 2014. And then AC announced year round mainline flights twice a week on the E90. I flew it a few times and it was great.
yes sorry i wasn't very clear. I just meant because they don't have the demand at certain times of the year they have to run E90's which are of course mainline.

Originally Posted by peano

My guess is an exec from AC had a place near SRQ and managed to get SRQ unrogued and year round. I guess he/she has been fired.......or bought a place in MIA.
LOL.....agreed!
Old Aug 11, 2015, 6:44 am

Questions for Rouge travel

Hi there...dont have alot of experience with Rouge...can you help?

1. Flying from Kelowna to Toronto

The direct flight is Rouge or can go via YYC or YVR. Is Rouge "that bad"?
Also its a 319 on Rouge. All the exit and bulkhead are taken. How bad is regular Rouge seating? The website says 29 inches ???

2. YVR-HNL

NO choice but Rouge. Going to book premium seats. What is better? Exit Row or Rouge plus (first few rows) on Rouge 763? Is there a difference?

thanks!
Old Aug 11, 2015, 7:23 am

Programs: AP SPG HH
IMO yes it is "that bad". I am 5'10" and flew rouge in a 319 bought Plus seats and just fit in. My flight was 2.5 hours I can't imagine a cross country flight. Bring your own entertainment or download the app. Is WestJet an option for you? B
Are you asking about ACr Premium or Plus on a 763?
Old Aug 11, 2015, 7:23 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by llbean

Also its a 319 on Rouge. All the exit and bulkhead are taken. How bad is regular Rouge seating? The website says 29 inches ???

2. YVR-HNL

NO choice but Rouge. Going to book premium seats. What is better? Exit Row or Rouge plus (first few rows) on Rouge 763? Is there a difference?

thanks!
Preferred seating for a less than 5hr flight is ok. You do not need just bulkhead or exit, preferred seats are first 4 rows in economy on a 763 which I just flew. For 319, regular seating is very tight and I believe preferred seating is just row 12 and 19A/F. If these are gone then you are SOL. Then its upto you on whether you want to handle the tight space to save travel time.At 5ft10, I find it very tight.
YVR-HNL on a 763, I would suggest row 13 or 14. Same space as exit row but meals to buy will start with row 12 so better chance of you getting what you want.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: AP SPG HH
@ llbean, here is a link where customers express their opinions of rouge.
http://www.airlinequality.com/airlin...-canada-rouge/
Old Aug 12, 2015, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
2. YVR-HNL

thanks!
Wrong.
There are AA/DL/UA.
(take UA if you want status, and avoid rogue on YVRSFO. In fact, these options may very well be better as I have seen UA P fares for cheaper than AC Q fares to America...)
Old Aug 12, 2015, 11:10 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE

2. YVR-HNL

thanks!
If you are a small person, height and length, have low expectations, are easily pleased, than rouge may be for you?

Up front on rouge is the way to go, but if you have choices like mainline or any legacy airline for less, take it! I have flown on Rouge to HNL/LIS on the 767 but had exit row or PY front row and A319 Emergency exit for LAX, ya not a lot of fun!
Old Aug 13, 2015, 3:30 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Does anyone else find the Air Canada Rouge livery to be nicer than the mainline Air Canada ones?
Old Aug 13, 2015, 3:40 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by keitherson
Does anyone else find the Air Canada Rouge livery to be nicer than the mainline Air Canada ones?
I do like the branding (sans uniforms). I wouldn't necessarily call it nicer as the mainline is more refined and doesn't have a chopped off Maple Leaf, and I am a fan of mint frosting in general

I think the red maple leaf curtains are much nicer and should be brought over to mainline (and express!) compared to the faded drab blue curtains. Would make for a nice accent from the blue chairs. And bringing over the red seat belts too! wouldn't hurt either!
Old Aug 13, 2015, 3:44 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
You call it frosting.. I call it mint toothpaste
Old Aug 13, 2015, 3:45 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by keitherson
Much prefer ML.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.