Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MUC or CDG as an upgrade location for AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2012, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Coming back on Monday OCt 1 - can route via either MUC or CDG. Flying Tango plus as a super elite. Home is YYZ

I was all set to go with MUC - about 50% empty J class - 333 but R0. As a super elite I thought my chances are good until I talked to the agent who said MUC is a bad place to upgrade from as there are a lot of last minute Latitude fare buyers. Is that true?

The CDG-YUL flight that day has 27/42 empty but it is 300 dollars more and requires me to transfer in YUL to YYZ. R=9 that day but of course it's early!

NOt sure what do do know after I talked to this agent. What are peoples thoughts on the better option??
Old Sep 3, 2012, 11:05 pm

Programs: AC E50k
As an Elite, I'm 10 on 10 upgrading YUL-CDG-YUL. I could not tell about MUC.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 11:08 pm

Is this out of your own pocket? I gather paying $300 for a CHANCE at upgrading is worth it to you?
Old Sep 4, 2012, 2:58 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
My experiences out of Munich have not been good. Last time I was told at check-in that there were 5 empty spaces and I was high on the list, initially the same story at the gate, then they all miraculously disappeared
Old Sep 4, 2012, 4:16 am

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
I've heard MUC is pretty bad. CDG has always given me good chances.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 8:46 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Lowly elite here ..... 4/4 upgrading a flight home from CDG (always B777), and 1/3 out of MUC (always B767). All flights were mid-week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.