Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

How to get Aeroplan credits on United Express

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2012, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan

Greetings - i will be flying from YOW to KTM, with stop in Washington (IAD) and Doha. First leg from Ottawa to Washington is on United Express, member of Star Alliance.

Anyway I can claim Aeroplan credits on that flight? There mus be a way, no?
Old Aug 28, 2012, 6:40 am
alc

Originally Posted by DedeP
Greetings - i will be flying from YOW to KTM, with stop in Washington (IAD) and Doha. First leg from Ottawa to Washington is on United Express, member of Star Alliance.

Anyway I can claim Aeroplan credits on that flight? There mus be a way, no?
Just make sure your AEROPLAN number on your boarding pass and keep it until it is posted on your account.

The following is the earning info for United for AEROPLAN:

http://www1.aeroplan.com/earn_miles/...Partner=United
Old Aug 28, 2012, 6:41 am

Programs: AC Altitude -.006k
Of course, simply ensure that your AE number is included in your reservation either at booking (too late, I gather), phone in the airline/OTA/TA to have it added, or enter it when checking in. This will avoid asking for a credit after the segment being flown (submitting request and BP, waiting 6-8 weeks, etc...)
Old Aug 28, 2012, 2:07 pm

Programs: AC SEMM; AA,DL, Hyatt and Starwood. Ex-status:SQ PPS,CSA,Hilton,AA,UA
Absolutely no problem, assuming you are booked in acceptable booking classes. I have done this United Express flight multiple times connecting to a United Airlines longhaul in IAD.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
OK, perfect guys, thanks!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.